Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #1

We have a 1995 F53 chassis. Suddenly now just before a trip the high-speed quit working on the heater AC blower. There has been other discussion here about there being a resister pack in the fan circuit. There was a part number mentioned in that thread but I went to Ford and picked up the part and it bears no resemblance to anything on my motorhome. I had them put in my year chassis and of course they told me to go talk to the coach manufacture ( same runaround we always get out of Ford here) but the heater air conditioner is part of the chassis. Can anyone tell me where to look for the heater/AC blower resistor packs on a 1995 Ford super duty chassis. Or what a part number might be for that? or what could possibly be causing my high-speed fan setting not to work?

Thank you
Roger Danielsen

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #2

We have a 1995 F53 chassis. Suddenly now just before a trip the high-speed quit working on the heater AC blower. There has been other discussion here about there being a resister pack in the fan circuit. There was a part number mentioned in that thread but I went to Ford and picked up the part and it bears no resemblance to anything on my motorhome. I had them put in my year chassis and of course they told me to go talk to the coach manufacture ( same runaround we always get out of Ford here) but the heater air conditioner is part of the chassis. Can anyone tell me where to look for the heater/AC blower resistor packs on a 1995 Ford super duty chassis. Or what a part number might be for that? or what could possibly be causing my high-speed fan setting not to work?

Thank you
Roger Danielsen

Old 07-24-2007, 02:47 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but the heater air conditioner is part of the chassis. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On a Class A, especially older ones, the air conditioning and HVAC controls are usually supplied by the coach manufacturer. There is no dashboard or windshield in the bare chassis, so none of the usual dashboard components are provided.

In more recent yearss Workhorse and Ford have begun providing parts of some atomotive systems that the coach builder then completes, but I think your 95 was likely bare of anything except the instrument cluster and steering wheel.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:03 PM   #4

Thank you for the reply. It is a holiday Rambler endeavor. I went and looked again and I can't find the resister circuitry anywhere. Is it in the switch?

Roger Danielsen
Old 07-25-2007, 01:28 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Newf Dog:
Thank you for the reply. It is a holiday Rambler endeavor. I went and looked again and I can't find the resister circuitry anywhere. Is it in the switch?

Roger Danielsen </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roger,

Many of the resistor packs are coiled air cooled units and are mounted in the blower housing under the hood. All you would see is a connector with several wires going to an metal or micaboard access plate on the blower housing or air plenum.

In 95 Fridget (not sure of spelling) was one popular brand of in dash heating/cooling unit used in motorhomes.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:24 AM   #6

My HR (1990 &P30) is just to the left of the heater and on the outside for cooling, metal box. It has a plug with several wires; you can follow them to the heater box. High is direct wire from the switch, the resistor pack is to reduce voltage for the lower speeds.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:47 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think you will find the part you are looking for is not a FORD part. Try Evens Tempcon, link below, then click on service parts. Hope this helps.

http://www.evanstempcon.com/products.php
Richard S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:33 PM   #8

i found the resistor to be on the heater/ac box under the hood to the left near the ac expantion valve
Old 07-25-2007, 09:32 PM   #9

Usually on high the motor gets 12 volts.But because of the higher curreny draw it may use a relay to switch the 12 volt power source.Sometimes the relay will burn the contacts and open the circuit to the motor.Look for a relay that may plug into a socket or may be hard wired to the wiring.Also check for any loose connection near the relay .Good Luck Mike
Old 07-27-2007, 07:21 AM   #10

Problem solved. Thank you to all who took the time to reply! I wish there would have been heater/ac circuitry schematics available in my chassis book but there wasn't. There was in fact a Ford style relay attached to the left side under the hood when standing in front of the vehicle. I tried switching the relay, didn't work. Checking the voltage levels of the lines into and out of the relay the relay was working but there was no line voltage to switch. I then began looking for the fuse for that circuit. Lo and behold on the right-hand side of the firewall facing from the front of the vehicle there was a 30 amp fuse holder attached to the firewall that had corroded somewhat. It was all alone tucked in between some wiring harnesses. (Note to self always make sure you check all the fuses and know where they all are first) Replace the oxidized 30 amp fuse with new one and applied some dialectic grease and I now have a high fan setting. I still have no idea where the resisters for the low settings are or even the fuse for the low fan for that matter. But I do have my high fan setting working.

Roger Danielsen
Waukesha WI.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:48 PM   #11

The resistor pack for my dash AC and fan is on the box that houses the AC evaporator, right in front of the passenger seat in our motorhome and accessible under the hood. My history is having to replace the blower relay once (it is mounted under the front hood in front of the driver's position) and next having the resistor pack go bad because my fan was dragging at lower speeds and overheating. I found a thermal fuse on the resistor pack and replaced it for under $2.00 at Radioshack, instead of spending over $35.00 for a new resistor pack. Pulled the fan and gave it a good cleaning and lube, so far, so good! Best wishes, HarveyP

Cummins/Allison
HarveyP is offline   Reply With Quote