Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Heater box Resistor

Hi Friends, I removed the resistor from the heater box and went to a Parts store! They didnt have one, so a few stores down is a Radio Shack! I showed the resistor Or is it resister? Any who, they had 3 flavors ( heat factors! I bought all three! Somewhere in the group someone has the right numbers. Be it you? Vermont expression! allegro5 greatallegro5@aol.com
allegro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Pardon my ignorance - is a 'heater box' he blower housing that encompasses the dash fan, and the resistors inside regulate the fan speed? If not, pray tell what the heck is a heater box? And, what is a heat factor? I might learn a lot from this post!
nbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:54 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you are talking about the resistor that controls motor speed on a dash HEVAC system.

Radio Shack has NOTHING even close to what that resistor is. Try a junk yard or, depending on the chassis an auto parts store but you are going to have to know the cross overs.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I had mine out a while ago, and it is a Motorcraft D8BH-19A706-AB. I don't know if that means you can go into a Ford dealer and get it, or not.

A previous owner had written in my coach owner's manual that NAPA has it under part# BR309, but that it takes a different connector.

Hope that helps.
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:07 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
heater Box

Hi Guys, Sorry if my calling it a heater box isnt to close to the real name! It is indeed the black foot square box to the upper left in the front Generator bay! And no, the blower motor isnt in it! Just across from it though, on the otherside of the firewall! Im told the Thermal fuse in the Blowere speed resister loacated with its 4 wire connector, on the top of the heater core box, is replaceable! Auto parts stores have or can order the whole resister at $23. or there abouts! But some say you can get Just the little Thermal Fuse that is crimped on the resister! It calls for the Radio Shack # 270-1322- and its the 262 degrees fuse! One of our memebers suggest to go to the 1320 that has a higher heat resistance. The good news is these fuses are $1.69 each! By the way, to remove the whole Resister, its a deal for a stubby phillips #2 and feeling for it, as its on top of the box! Not too hard to do! Then wiggle it loose from the sealent! It has a 4 wire plug to wiggle off first! Allegro5 PS, On some models the resister my be lower on the face of the box.
allegro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:56 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well. Radio Shack used to carry parts. . But alas, these days I am often disappointed when I go there.

However a major electronics supplier.. They had what I needed when I had to replace a fuse of that type.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:41 PM   #7

I replaced the thermal fuse with an exact one from Radio Shack. I crimped it in rather than solder it and possibly ruin the new one. Worked great. Use a good magnifying glass to read the temp. rating on the old one to buy one that matches. HarveyP

Cummins/Allison
HarveyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Just had to replace my blower motor resistor on my 99 Monaco Windsor. I found the part at Autozone, Part Number JA1176 Duralast. It was $25.99. I cut the plastic connector housing off and was able to use the original connector on the MH.
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
IF there is a thermal fuse, THEN radio Shack may have it.. Mine I see no evidence of a thermal fuse.. Though there is other fusing on the circuit.

The resistor itself is not something I would expect to find at "The Shack".. Though I might be able to buy enough hardware there to make one.. It would cost more than the OEM replacement.

NOTE: If the resistor itself goes bad.. There is a fair chance a good appliance rebuild place MIGHT be able to re-build it.. This is the kind of shop that can re-build an electry dryer element.. Same wire is used.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
The "Shack" had the resister and it was only $1.74 with tax.
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote