Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2010, 03:18 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
heater control green vacuum line disconnected under dash

i replaced my heater control valve. the green vacuum line to the heater control valve became disconnected under the dash somewhere.
per the wh manual p. 1-60, this system is installed by the body builder.
i cannot find a vacuum schematic or diagram in the winne info i have.
the line looks like it goes somewhere near the temperature control but there is no line missing on the temperature control.
help!

01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2010, 07:58 AM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L View Post
i replaced my heater control valve. the green vacuum line to the heater control valve became disconnected under the dash somewhere.
DAN, You didn't say whether or not the system is working? Could the line be redundant and not used?

What does the open end of the line look like? Picture?

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:19 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It is possible that your system came from Evans Controls. They make dash heater/AC systems for many RV coach builders.

Try this.
Evans Tempcon, Inc - Service Parts

There are diagrams in their support link.
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:21 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
the heater control valve is not working. the vacuum line definitely goes to the heater valve that i replaced. i inadvertently pulled too hard on the small green line approx 1/8'' od and it came loose from somewhere under the dash. the end of the green line is plain, there are no fittings on it. it looks like it should couple into a rubber connector. it is the evans system. i don't see a picture of the control valve that i replaced on the evans web page. the valve has 3 fittings, water in and out and 1 vacuum fitting. the dash controller looks like this:

Evans Tempcon, Inc
i need a diagram of the vacuum lines or a picture of the dash panel with all the lines especially the little green line, hooked up. there is one fitting on the back of the dash panel that has no line attached to it. it looks like it has a plug in it. the little green line will not fit in it.
thanks for your help.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
Old 05-21-2010, 02:28 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
my heater control valve is full on, hot, all the time now.
can someone with a similar heater-ac dash temperature panel please tell me where the little green vacuum line hooks up? would it be the center bottom terminal with the dash flipped up?
Old 05-21-2010, 09:48 PM   #6
sip

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm also having problems with my vacuum pump and reservoir. The pump runs continuously. Is this normal?
Old 05-26-2010, 04:31 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
update on my heater valve vacuum line problem. i fixed it:
while we were enroute to elk meadows campground near trout lake, wa. to attend the fort Vancouver chapter of the good sam club camp-out, we stopped at camping world in troutdale, or.
they had a 2000 winne adventurer on their lot and i opened the dash on it and found where my green vacuum line is supposed to go. there is a blue vacuum line attached to the control module that has a Y connection about 5'' below the module. the green line connects there.
the original problem was that there was always warm air coming out of the dash air vents, with the controller set on full cold, even with the dash air on.
i purchased a generic heater control valve for gm products from schucks auto supply for <$10. (factory air part # 74612). the vacuum fitting on the new valve is facing 180 degrees from the old one. this made the vacuum line pretty tight. the first time that i lifted the dash up, the other end of the green line became disconnected.
these lines are in a bundle with wires. the vacuum lines even look like wires. i couldn't figure out where the end of the green line was supposed to go. i spliced in a 6'' piece of 7/64'' vacuum line and connected it to the Y fitting.
all is well now. i get cold air out of the dash vents when called for by the temp selector.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sip View Post
I'm also having problems with my vacuum pump and reservoir. The pump runs continuously. Is this normal?
it is not normal. you probably have a vacuum leak.
what kinda rv do you have?
you can update your signature block with this info.