Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2007, 12:47 PM   #1

I have been driving a 79 class C for 6 years. Iam looking at a 2000 35B, F53 v-10 with 8000 miles in central Florida. Stored out of doors, up north and in Fl. for last 2 years. Any suggestions as far as links to buying used or personal experiences would be appreciated. I have searched (Winnebago Adventure) and read most of replys in MH - problems,solutions & aftermarket.
Thanks Mike2007

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2007, 12:47 PM   #2

I have been driving a 79 class C for 6 years. Iam looking at a 2000 35B, F53 v-10 with 8000 miles in central Florida. Stored out of doors, up north and in Fl. for last 2 years. Any suggestions as far as links to buying used or personal experiences would be appreciated. I have searched (Winnebago Adventure) and read most of replys in MH - problems,solutions & aftermarket.
Thanks Mike2007

Old 02-26-2007, 04:33 PM   #3

Try on the Winnebago forum below, lots of traffic there. Good luck
Old 02-26-2007, 04:40 PM   #4

The NADA web site has a guide for used motorhome prices. Winnie's are generally a good value.

Good luck!
NADA Guide
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:22 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Mike2007, welcome to irv2.
No need to post down in Winne forum I will short cut it there.
A 2000 coach you will have to check sealents at all seams on coach and check year of MFG of the tires. Up in the New Rig Show-off forum there is a PDI list that will cover pretty much what you should be looking for.
Good luck in your quest ,enjoy the forums and post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:08 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
Check the skylight over the shower stall. Notorious for cracking and take a good look at the surrounding ceiling for water damage. That was my experience with an 02 Adventireer that had wintered in the Keys. Easy fix once discovered.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:40 PM   #7

Mike, find out what year the chassis is, 2000 was a change year for the V10 F53. Early ones were the 290hp with the "problem" heads, later ones had 310hp and deeper threads on the sparkplugs. Do a search on here for the V10 and you will see how to tell from the VIN number.
V10 is a great engine either way, we have the 99 chassis and have had no problems so far.

99 Itasca Suncruiser V10
Avatab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:49 AM   #8

If I was looking I would add this...I would check for stains on the floor and walls, bad seperation of joints on the inside and on the outside, open the storage bays and look up and look for any seperation of the fiberglass body, check and make sure the rv does not lean (measure to center rail 1" off i believe is ok) check the front end welds, check for spider cracks on the roof usually near the bend, check for leaks inside near the bottom of the slides. Good luck Winnebago is a great company and the adventurer is nice.
peter griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:08 AM   #9

I had a 1999 Adventurer. Check where the fiberglass roof tucks into the rain channel that runs along the top of the sidewall. Be sure the roof is tucked into the channel and the caulk is intact. This can be a source of leaks and other bad stuff.

2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels
samabago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:39 AM   #10

I would take it for an extended drive. Some 1999 through early 2001 Ford chassis had problems with wheel vibration. If you have a vibration problem about the only way to cure it is new wheels and tires or having the wheels centered on the hubs at a Ford truck service facility. The centering process takes special tools. You might have a problem finding a Ford garage that still has the tools.

We have an 01 Adventurer and luckily didn't have a vibration problem. One thing we did have was an entry door that started to delaminate. The lower section of the door below the trim belt started to bulge. Apparently somehow water had gotten inside. There were no drain holes in the bottom of the door so the water just stayed there and started delaminating the internal plywood.

It wasn't a difficult fix but could have been worse if not caught in time. Ours has been a great coach. The few problems we've had over the years have been taken care of by either Ford or Winnebago. We have 50,000 miles on it and are expecting to put another 15,000 on this summer when we head to Alaska.