Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #15

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAre View Post
Yeah, but how was the fishing??

(I too find the "were waiting for the part" line is getting old.)
All four of us limited each day and had pan fried trout for breakfast and dinner each day. Caught a combination of german browns and rainbows. You can't eat better than this.

The dealer called this afternoon after I harped on his voice mail twice this morning. He said the part came in this afternoon and he would try and have it ready for us tomorrow afternoon, but couldn't make any promises. I told him I didn't take wooden nickels or promises from RV dealers.....he just laughed!

ON the trip I realized my wash down pump in the boat cracked over the winter. Never happened before. Called the dealer, he said "not this week, you can bring it in next week, but it will wait for an opening...I can't make any promises". That's what I like, an up front guy. Took the pump out myself this afternoon. Took the pump off the motor and applied generous amounts of epoxy to the inside and outside housing. Hope it works. Otherwise I'll order a new pump and install it myself.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #16

Freightliner Owners Club
Not to get off the subject, but this is just some of the things us RVer's could miss out on when we're being dupped by service managers!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5261.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	555.3 KB
ID:	37984   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5262.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	659.7 KB
ID:	37985  

Old 04-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRR2EYW View Post
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Or, in most cases, the worst, longest service time and a higher bill!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #18

Freightliner Owners Club
Update: The DW called the dealer twice this morning while I was in town. She's at her wits end about this fiasco. She told the service mgr. she wants her motorhome now! He told her he didn't have it. That we picked it up last week and that they only had the washer/dryer? Needles to say she blew her top. I have to say if we weren't involved in this it would be better than SNL. He called her back and said he was mistaken and that they did indeed have our MH and that they were still waiting for a part from Fleetwood? He said Fleetwood is very bad about getting parts out to dealers. (funny to hear that since they're a Fleetwood dealer and have over 100 Fleetwoods sitting on their lot) Tomorrow we're driving to the dealers and picking up the MH....done or not. I'm sure there's still a lot more to this story yet to come.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #19

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Or, in most cases, the worst, longest service time and a higher bill!
As a former General Manager of a nationwide car repair facility, I fully agree with the above statement. The squeaky wheel doesn't get grease because he just irked off the guys fixing his rig. However the squeaky wheel will pay dearly for his grease once the techs get around to finishing the work. Squeaky wheels always pay full price and it won't get done any sooner. The shop doesn't make any money until your fixed and pay your bill. It is of no benefit to the shop to keep you waiting longer than necessary. Techs don't work on one vehicle at a time, they work on several and have to move to and from each as parts and approvals come in. A tech also doesn't get paid for a job until it is finished, so it is in his/her best interest to get you out the door as well.
If and when your parking lot camping during repairs, whip out the BBQ and cook up some burgers and dogs and pass them around. You want the manager and techs to like you, not be thinking your a jerk and a pia. The goodwill and attitude will more than pay for itself in time and money.
windydaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:13 AM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by windydaboo View Post
If and when your parking lot camping during repairs, whip out the BBQ and cook up some burgers and dogs and pass them around. You want the manager and techs to like you, not be thinking your a jerk and a pia. The goodwill and attitude will more than pay for itself in time and money.
Or, depending on the time and place a 6 pack or two to go with the burgers/dogs!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
As fulltimers, we are always with our rig when it is serviced or repairs need to be made. We've seen how rigs that are left for repairs, get pulled out and pushed aside so that the rigs for people sitting in the waiting room get taken care of. We have also found out that asking the service writer for recommendations on a good restaurant for breakfast, etc., helps to get them to see us as real people who need their home fixed. Have brought back donuts from going out to breakfast that made all of the guys in the shop smile.

Barb
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote