Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2013, 10:52 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Help.....I'm being held hostage!!!

This is the third time and second RV service center that breaks promises and leaves us in a bind when start and finish times are changed on what seems to be a rotating basis. Last year after purchasing our MH, we needed the second recall by Norcold done. The service center said a week. Halibut season was starting in 8 days. Six days later I called and said I need it. They said, we're waiting for a part (I find later this is a common thread with all of them). I can't leave without a working frig so we take the TC instead. I tell them finish the rest of the items we wanted done and we'll be back to pick it up in four weeks. Three weeks later after coming home I get a call from the RV service center, we got most of your items complete except the frig because they sent the wrong part? I say, "sorry fella, salmon season starts in a couple days and we're not waiting". He says, OK, I'll just steal the part from another coach but be sure and bring your coach back when your through fishing so I can do an exchange.

{Friday 4/19} I call Spendid and they give us the name of a Spendid servicer out of Spokane in Liberty Lake (east of Spokane). Need the coach by next Friday. Trout fishing season opens up and we have reservations at one of the local lakes and we're taking friends with us. {Friday 4/19} Service Mgr: "NO PROBLEM", have it here Monday morning {4/22} at 9:00 and we'll get right on it. We live out of Spokane about 70 miles away and drive thru Spokane morning rush hour to have it to them by 9:00. Wednesday afternoon {4/24} I get a call from him and he says his tech has to order a sensor. Uhmmmmm....we get up at 5am to get it there by Monday at 9am and Wednesday they decide to order a sensor? Did they just start working on it? He says I can come in and get it and bring it back next week. Let's see....140 miles round trip (twice) 280 miles/ 10 miles/gallon/ $4.00/gallon=$112.00 on top of the bill I'm going to get? Does this ever end with us RVer's......or is it just my bad luck? Taking the TC this weekend again for the opening day of fishing season and there's not a thing I can do about it. We like our TC, but we bought this MH to use it too and it's just irritating when people can't be up front with me. I don't need a washer/dryer for this trip. If he would have said it might take a week or so I would have not made the appointment and just had it done later. These people are very frustrating
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2013, 03:42 AM   #2
Retired Senior Member

You might want to give up fishing.
RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:54 AM   #3
Community Administrator

This seems to be the norm with those who leave the RV. The service facility will do the most pressing jobs first as they can always mfg excuses to the owners who dropped one off. I know all can't do this but I wait. I've seen a few service managers put a big W on my service order which indicates the owner is waiting. If you have to drop it off and leave , I would suggest calling them frequently for updates. They may want to get you on your way quicker.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:29 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Living in Spokane I have found two places that do not give you the round around
but I always check their work(old habit)
But as others have said it seems to be the norm to stall or claim way more time
to do the job than reasonable.
wb7auk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
To the OP: Sounds typical to me.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:44 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNBama View Post
LOL, my very first thought when reading his post.

OP, sounds very typical to me, have read 100's of posts just like this. I'm blessed in that I was born with mechanical abilities and enjoy always doing my own work. This has saved me tons of $$ and double that in aggravation over the years. Also why I never have or never will by a new RV.

I have been at the mercy of others more times that I care to remember, so I do feel your pain.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:00 AM   #7

You might tell your story at RV Service Reviews.

We bumped into this website last summer when we needed service on our fifth wheel, and I was really surprised to find that the service places we've been to got quite accurate reviews there...

It's also a good website to check out how a service outfit rates before you go there....
Groovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNBama View Post
Probably should've left the fishing out of the thread.....sorry.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrrsr View Post
Probably should've left the fishing out of the thread.....sorry.
No No No, I enjoyed the fishing part...

However, even though I make an appointment, I ALWAYS wait and not necessarily in the waiting room. Sometimes, if time is dragging, I find a perch/wall to lean against and stare at the service writers.....

I will say however, as the service writers get to know you, you will find their level of support increasing... at least I did.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:05 PM   #10

Took Sun City RV 3 months to replace my motor, speedo cluster, fuel pump and dash AC compressor. The (warranty co) said the CEO had to sigh off on the $10k+ claim. What? They couldn't find him on the golf course?

I missed all but two of my dune trips. Usually go about 14 times a year.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:46 PM   #11
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On the other hand can you schedule your visits earlier?
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Took Sun City RV 3 months to replace my motor, speedo cluster, fuel pump and dash AC compressor. The (warranty co) said the CEO had to sigh off on the $10k+ claim. What? They couldn't find him on the golf course?

I missed all but two of my dune trips. Usually go about 14 times a year.
I suppose I would have had to move in a cot.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #13

Yeah, but how was the fishing??

(I too find the "were waiting for the part" line is getting old.)
JayAre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #14

I wait for the unit and parking lot camp while I am waiting. When they have the unit I am in the waiting area and walking around regularly so they cannot forget me. Asking if they are on schedule about 4 times a day also helps the process. I am sure they are glad to see me gone when I leave.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
FRR2EYW is offline   Reply With Quote