Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2019, 07:24 PM   #1

Help with HWH 325 leveler Issue

I really thought I had this problem fixed but apparently not. I could extend all 4 jacks to level. When I would press the "Store" button to retract, I would heard a click or quick pssst sound under the chassis and sounded like it was coming from the area between drivers and passenger seat. Hard to tell. I could manually retract all jacks by holding down the down arrows. All led lights in control box seem to be showing ground and power. Fuses good. After doing some trouble shooting from HWH's website and manuals I ended up replacing shuttle valve. Installed and tried system, same problem. Took coach on short trip a few days later and when leaving camp ground pressed the store button and WOW, all jacks retracted. Tried again a few times and all worked well. This past weekend the problem came back. Store button does not work, had to manually retract all jacks and while driving home had a jack down light come on even while the "store" button was on while driving which it has to be according to manual. Stopped and it was only down less than 1/2 inch. Brought it up and worked fine the rest of the way. Today I was trying a few things by manually extending and then retracting. Checked and added ATF fluid to appropriate level, ran the jacks a couple time and now when I press the "On" button, red light lites but as soon as I press the up arrow to extend jacks the touch panel shuts off and all lights go off. Has anyone had this issue in the past or any ideas? I am leaning towards the touch control panel is bad?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2019, 04:51 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Contact Paul at AZPETE on the Irv2 forum. He works for HWH and can answer your questions. His email is pfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638. He is a Commercial Member and has posted that his phone is always on, and if not answered, leave a message.

He has helped others on this forum and I am sure he can help you.
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:35 AM   #3
Commercial Member

do the diagnosis outlined in the service manual. look at led 35. this is the park brake signal. if its on, i would suspect the control box. or a poor ground connection.
paul maddox
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
do the diagnosis outlined in the service manual. look at led 35. this is the park brake signal. if its on, i would suspect the control box. or a poor ground connection.
paul maddox
Paul, I do not have a LED 35. When touch panel on button is pressed, both red and yellow LED's 11 & 12 are illuminated for the dump relay. When store button is pressed LED's 13 & 14 are illuminated for the Travel relay which is labeled Travel/Park brake in the manual. When I turn touch pad on and and press any UP arrow to extend a jack, I hear a click and touch pad turns off. In the process of checking all grounds and connections as per your recommendation but so far no luck. I'll keep trying.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:37 PM   #5

I have the 325 series. Basically I was getting 3v on the positive post of my battery to grd and 10v to the negative post to grd. I unplugged the power to the HWH system and everything was normal. I plugged the power back into the control board and started to unplug the connectors and found the 8 pin to be the culprit, that is the communications, switched battery and the switched +12 accessory.
From HWH, they recommended,
Run a #2 battery cable from your pump to your frame. You can try that.
David17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by David17 View Post
I have the 325 series. Basically I was getting 3v on the positive post of my battery to grd and 10v to the negative post to grd. I unplugged the power to the HWH system and everything was normal. I plugged the power back into the control board and started to unplug the connectors and found the 8 pin to be the culprit, that is the communications, switched battery and the switched +12 accessory.
From HWH, they recommended,
Run a #2 battery cable from your pump to your frame. You can try that.
Yes did try that also. No luck. AZPete was very helpful, had me try a couple of things such as you suggested as well. Came to conclusion that the control box needed repair. Sent to HWH and hope to have it back early next week. We will see then if issue is resolved.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:14 AM   #7

HWH leveler help - UPDATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_H View Post
Yes did try that also. No luck. AZPete was very helpful, had me try a couple of things such as you suggested as well. Came to conclusion that the control box needed repair. Sent to HWH and hope to have it back early next week. We will see then if issue is resolved.
Turned out it was the control box after all. Received back from HWH last night, $225 to repair and installed today. Everything seems to be working great!
Old 09-18-2019, 03:52 PM   #8

Same Issue

Have the same issue. Started last year and i called HWH for RMA.
Before I returned control box, problem went away until 2 weeks ago and now STORE has stopped working.
Will go through last 2 trips this year manually retracting and will send in control and pad for repair.

Tags
hwh