Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Help with renting out RV

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has rented out their RV. If so, are there any companies that are good to deal with. I have a 2012 Class C.

Thanks
RVBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Using the search feature will likely find info, and opinions, from experienced folks.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #3

Couple of questions first: 1. Does your insurance company allow you to do that? 2. Why would you want a stranger to drive and live in YOUR motorhome? My belief is they won't care what happens to it like you might. JMHO
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
I ran into some bad luck ..... By way of an injury ... I am out of work and need to save a few dollars. I looked into selling or trading my coach, but I am not having any luck. I am looking into the option of renting it.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #5

There are rental agencies specializing in exactly what you propose. An internet search will find them. They should know all about what insurance you must carry, etc.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVBulldog View Post
I ran into some bad luck ..... By way of an injury ... I am out of work and need to save a few dollars. I looked into selling or trading my coach, but I am not having any luck. I am looking into the option of renting it.

you may find that the RV is a lower cost to live

if this injury is bad to where you need SSI it could take 2 years to get it
Rv is a good back i would not late it go or late some one trash it
terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Thank you for all of the replies. I probably won't rent my coach..... Yes I have have fears of someone destroying it. But I wanted to look into the option in case a need a back up plan. Thanks again!
Old 08-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Thank you for all of the replies. I probably won't rent my coach..... Yes I have have fears of someone destroying it. But I wanted to look into the option in case a need a back up plan. Thanks again!

Possibly you could rent it out as a room on the side of your house for a few $100's a month?
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
How about tail gating party's where you drive the MH, and put a few dollars in your pocket each weekend.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #10

Quote:
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has rented out their RV. If so, are there any companies that are good to deal with. I have a 2012 Class C.

Thanks
Yes..in a similar situation years ago I consigned my class C to an independent RV rental company. I looked at it as an option to selling in a down market...meaning I did not intend to use it much if at all afterward.

Maintenance was high, damages were incurred and repaired, and mileage was very high. All transactions were handled through the agent so all I did was pay maint cost, and insurance and get a monthly check for my share of the rental income.

It worked for us at the time. I would not do it with a MH that I want to keep and use.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #11

Quote:
RVBulldog
Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

I would not be comfortable knowing that someone who has little knowledge of RVs and the many procedures involved with the proper "care and feeding" of my coach was driving, eating sleeping and temporarily living in my coach....
More than can go wrong that a rental agreement could never pay back...than can go right.
IMO, better to sell it cheap and save yourself the aggravation and expense.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #12

Try to get in contact with www.privatemotorhomerental.com. You pay to join their list. You oay a percentage of the rental sum. The rental is fully your responsibility.
They can provide you with all the pros and cons. Your experience on judging possible clients is vital! A C-Class is much less difficult or first timers than an A-Class 43', that's obvious. Give it a try. The rental is $150 to $200 per day. You could limit the number of allowed states to limit the mileage. Good luck!
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:24 AM   #13

I wouldn't want some stranger, or relative, for that matter,doing the same stupid stuff to my coach, I did the first 6 mo's I owned one.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #14

My Insurance Agent informed me that my Insurance would not cover people I have rented the RV to and my insurance would be canceled if it occurred. Just Sayin'.
ColonelA is offline   Reply With Quote