Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2015, 12:47 PM   #29

You could tell them that what they are going is going to to ruin for everyone but there are some who just don't care but luckily there is more of us who care.....damn humans are a funny bunch
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2015, 07:54 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
We can't walk around the foot of the bed with the slide in so if possible we try to find a spot at the curb where we can hang the slide over it. We have put out a big slide in the same manner but only to eat and relax for a bit then bring it in while sleeping. Never jacks, awning, BBQ or really anything outdoors.

Your not doing it wrong. If Walmart was upset about what was going on in their lot then you would hear about it. I guess the idea behind these "rules" are to keep it from looking like a circus so we don't lose the privilege.

We have only stayed at a Walmart once or twice and it was easy to find something we needed to buy.

EDIT: We also stay over at Flying J's and buy fuel on the way in or out even if we don't really need it.
We've stayed at two different Walmarts, the first we pulled in well after they were closed, parked .. With the other units, slept for about 5 hours got up and left, no movement in the other units nor the store, the way back home we stopped at another one, went in bought some things for the MH and hit the McDonalds, also spoke to the assistant manager and asked if it was ok, she said we welcome RVs as they almost always shop in the store, went to sleep! got up early .... When we parked there were 3 of us, the next morning .... 23 .... I couldn't believe my eyes!! I actually counted!! It looked like an RV dealer not one awning out, no chairs, two had jacks down tho, they also had the bedroom slide out, for just a few hours sleep .... Perfect!!

It is a Hybrid ... it burns both gas AND money!!
ttarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:30 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
You need to be better positioned for the sunrise over the garden center.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:35 AM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
I wonder if Wal-Mart has any rules printed about overnighting.

I would think a Campground based organization, would be, a little, biased.

I'll send them an EMail, tonight.
yes, there is info on the wally website. kinda hard to find though.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:04 AM   #33

Here is the response from Wal-Mart,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your inquiry. While we do not offer electrical service or accommodations typically necessary for RV customers, Walmart values RV travelers and truck drivers and considers them among our best customers. Consequently, we do permit RV and tractor-trailer parking on our store lots, as we are able. Permission to park is decided by individual store managers, based on availability of parking space and local laws.

Please contact management at each store to ensure accommodations. To find specific store information such as the address, you may purchase a special Walmart edition of the Rand-McNally Road Atlas in our stores that includes Walmart/Sam's Club locations in the US, Mexico and Canada. The cover says "Walmart Store Directory Included." If you cannot locate this special edition, contact a store associate or ask for assistance at the Customer Courtesy Desk. For our most current store information, including the store phone number, please visit our web site at http://corporate.walmart.com and select Contact Us at the bottom of the page. Then you will want to select Find a Walmart Store on the right hand side of the page. You may search by city/state or zip code and view a map and directions to each store.

Sincerely,
Walmart Customer Car

What I sent,
----Your Original Comments Were----

I have read your overnight RV parking policy, but was wondering if there are any restrictions on extending slides or awnings and running generators, on parked RVs.

There is also some question about the use of RV leveling systems, in your parking lots.

One other issue brought up in conversation, is, do you allow multiple night stays.

A discussion has been ongoing, on a RV users site, and it was mentioned that a Campground sponsored organization, has created a list of rules, about overnight RV parking, in your stores, prohibiting all of the above actions.

Thank you for any information you can supply.

As you can see, they give a standard corporate answer and try to sell me a map.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:42 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Is that really a Walmart? Stained driveway in the middle of a parking lot? Looks like the photo was taken in an RV park. I see nothing in the photo that looks like any of the Walmarts across the country that we have stopped at.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 05:10 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
Sometime I do something else besides sleep, or should I say we do something else!

As they say. Without pictures it didn't happen. Ha

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 05:11 AM   #36

I agree... We have never squatted at such an elite Walmart! I would have had to stop by and ask them what time were they serving dinner!

Yes, I think that they overstepped their bounds but some newbies are not aware of the rules of the road. There is another thread active in which someone was asking what they could and could not do while staying the night at Walmart so to some it's not intuitive. I was joking above however perhaps a friendly visit was in order.
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 05:17 AM   #37

Fascinating thread....
We've only Wal-Marted twice and each time we stocked up with our normal supplies. We never took on the stance that we were "camped" but merely pulled off the road. We could have easily started the engine and have been on our way within 60 seconds if asked.

Sam Walton (founder of Wal-Mart) was a very generous man. He came through the great depression and not only understood the needs of people but went out of his way to try and make the world a better place. To treat this legacy with disregard is a travesty.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:45 AM   #38

Here we go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Is that really a Walmart? Stained driveway in the middle of a parking lot? Looks like the photo was taken in an RV park. I see nothing in the photo that looks like any of the Walmarts across the country that we have stopped at.

Brobox, yep that's a Walmart parking lot. Google Earth the Bozeman, Montana store for a full picture. I'm tempted to go back and see if they are still there.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:02 AM   #39

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1433426557.213049.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	96186

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:20 PM   #40

Check out this vid stating at the 8 minute mark. I believe this is in Utah.

https://youtu.be/y5uwEKFHf9A
Old 06-05-2015, 06:42 AM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post
Nice spot! We're planning on being in Bozeman in August. Do they take reservations?
Yea, Looks just like a destination campground! Hopefully, they are newbies and going in the store every day to buy grills, groceries, rv accessories, holding tank products, hot corn dogs from the cafeteria and filling their new eye glasses prescriptions.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:59 AM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieL View Post
Check out this vid stating at the 8 minute mark. I believe this is in Utah.

https://youtu.be/y5uwEKFHf9A
I'm a little confused why that guy is walking around the parking lot. Is he just trying to show campers at Walmart, or demonstrating that his "app" was not up to date? Is he part of a community action committee, a homeless advocate, or just can't make better use of his time?
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote