Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-12-2013, 04:50 AM   #1
Hi I am still debating on purchase of used RV.

I am looking at 2003 - 2006 small Class A. Tiffin Allegro 32` , Damon Daybreak 32' and Winnebago Adventure 32'.

OswegoLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2013, 07:22 AM   #2
Those are all good coaches... There are things you will like in all of them...and things you may not like as much. Most important I would think is the overall condition and documented maintenance... Drive them all if you can and take your time...it is a buyers market right now!

Fish Carver
"Tessie" the 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U
Toad: 2015 Chevy Calorado
Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #3
Thor Owners Club
I have said this to people before about a used rv... Check out the rig yourself and scrutinize EVERYTHING these guys are pros at hiding stuff that you will find later... a little sweat up front and a lot less stress and cost later. Download a used rv checklist and stick to it stringently... if it may look wrong chances are it is. I walked away from another rv before I settled on the one I have simply because the wall paper in one of the closet was different than the rest of the motorhome (indication of a once leaky roof (repair/ patch). Walked away from another due to no maintenance records did I do wrong? So this one that I have now had a trip log, maintenance records, he even dated the filters w/ date & mileage when they were changed so I got a real warm fuzzy feeling that it might be a good choice... kind of like putting on a favorite hoodie or sweater that you've had forever
Retired ARMY currently working offshore for a ROV company
07KodiakDsl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Those are nice coaches, my first coach was a used Damon Daybreak and we loved it. Take your time and spend at least an hour looking at each coach and take a long test drive. When my wife and I were looking for a new used coach i would have her walk behind me with a pen and paper just listing all the negative things about each coach, you can use it to negotiate. The coaches you are looking at may need some service so you can have that negotiated in the sale with the dealer. At the very least i would have the dealer install 6 new tires (no matter what condition the current are), 2 new coach batteries ,1 chassis battery, re-coat rubber roof, service engine, service generator and repair any deficiencies. That maintenance will give you piece of mind and a good starting point. Good luck , remember shopping for them is half the fun take your time!
2006 Forest River Georgetown 340ts on F53 w/v10, 2011 Chevy Impala on a Master Tow Dolly
biglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
Fleetwood Owners Club
Above post have a lot of good information. If you are new to class a's I would find and hire someone who inspects them for a living. It would be money well spent as they know what to look for.
Bob and Janice Ford
1998 Fleetwood Pace arrow 35'
Bama Fan is offline   Reply With Quote