Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-04-2014, 07:58 PM   #1
Damon Owners Club
Holding Tank Indicators

I have a 1994 Damon Intruder and the wires to the grey and black water tanks have been cut where they come out of the basement wall. I have about 2-1/2" left; 3 ea white, 1 brown, 1 green and 1 black & white. Any insights on where these go?

dharveyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2014, 12:37 AM   #2
Those indicators are very problematic. I do not even look at mine. I would suggest that hooking them up correctly would probably give you something with false readings. In other words fahgettaboutit.

George R. - Fulltiming since January '03
2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 3991
2012 Chevy Malibu LT1
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:24 AM   #3
Mid Atlantic Campers
Originally Posted by gruelens View Post
Those indicators are very problematic. I do not even look at mine. I would suggest that hooking them up correctly would probably give you something with false readings. In other words fahgettaboutit.

I would agree. I don't even look at mine, they aren't even close to accurate.
Phobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:53 AM   #4
There is no standard wiring color code for RVs unless a manufacturer has one, and that isn't likely. You might be able to get that information from the manufacturer if they will share a wire diagram with you, but many won't. If you cant find a schematic for it with wire codes, about all that you can do is to go to the monitor panel and check the wire colors there. You can check the leads to see what is on them by using a meter. One wire to each tank should supply 12V-dc and one(probably the green) should also be ground. There will be one wire for each step in the level indicator, most likely the 3 white wires.

You should have two ends to the group of wires and so you can simply match colors and test it. If the 3 white are the indicator lights you can change them if they should turn on in the wrong order, which will happen if connected wrong.
Good Travelin! Kirk
Full-time 11 years, now part-time.
Kirk & Pam's Great Adventure!
SKP Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #5
I have one main wire and 4 wires that attach to the side of the tank, 5 wires total, 1 at the bottom, 2 in the middle (different heights) and 1 at the top and 1 direct. If you can find the main wire (check the voltage) and short it to the other wires while someone is looking at the indicator lights you will be able to figure out where each one goes. Also, there is a dongle between the 2 middle wires that has a resistor inserted for a voltage divider I think. I have 4 indicator lights. There should be screw on the side of your tank that the wires attach to, as the fluid goes up it starts to short the wires together and makes the lights turn on.
Don and Barb is offline   Reply With Quote

cat, tank