Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: I have a 2003 Bounder 35R with the Atwood gas-electric water heater. The temperture of the water a
Is there a check valve somewhere? 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2005, 08:48 AM   #1

bounderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2005, 08:48 AM   #2

I have a 2003 Bounder 35R with the Atwood gas-electric water heater. The temperture of the water at the heater is 140. The temperature of the water at the kitchen sink is 115. The thermostat has been checked and is functioning normally. How am I losing 25 degrees of heat?
Old 03-13-2005, 09:35 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
bounderman,
Welcome to irv2 Check your bypass valve on your HW heater,an make sure your outside shower valves are closed. If they are open a little bit will cut water temp. If your HW water temp is to high good way to adjust with bypass valve.---"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 11:06 AM   #4

The bypass valve is in the normal operating position. The outside shower valves are completely closed. I used air this AM to blow out the system. It produced some black junk in the shower stall but it did not help.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:42 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Another thing that can allow cold to mix with hot in the system is shutting the shower off at the head while leaving the hot/cold taps open.

How long a run is it from the tank to the tap where you measure 115? It's just plastic pipe and probably does indeed lose a lot of heat along the way. I wouldn't expect a 25 degree drop, but...?
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 05:03 AM   #6

Please allow me to munch on some of my own words. After asserting that the valves on the outside shower were in the off position, I went back and double checked. The cold water was not completely off. After closing the valve, the hot water returned. A huge thank you to 007. You saved my tail.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:03 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
My thanks to you bounderman, for bringing this to our attention, some of us have done the same thing, forgot about Garys inside shower, any newbe will remember your post also.
I have used the hot water bypass as a mixer to cut down the water temp in some MH's. Happy Travels ---"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote