Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #1

Hot Water foaming

Had the MH dewinterized and flushed out the hot water heater really good because he forgot to put the plug in. Got to the park and hooked everything up and after fixing a kitchen sink drain leak everything working good. Only problem is the hot water is kind of foamy as it comes out. I've taken a shower, did a load of laundry and run the heck out of it in the kitchen to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions?

One other problem: The light in the 110AC switch to the hot water is out, I know the AC is heating it but the light in the switch is out. Any idea on how to change that light (remove it from the panel)?

Thanks for any help.
kanzacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
You still have some antifreeze in your water heater or H/W lines. Just keep running water through- it'll clear up.

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #3

That did the trick on the foaming. I had run it, taken a shower, did a load of laundry and it was still foaming. Got it out now. Any ideas on the light in the switch? Do you have to replace the whole switch or just a little led or bulb?
Old 07-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Hi and welcome to the forum. You might want to add the year, make and model to your signature in your profile so we can easily tell that you have a Holiday Rambler DP.

As for the light in the electric water heater switch... if Monaco is like Winnebago, you can't replace just the bulb... but the entire assemble is only about $12.

Best of luck. We're glad you found us.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #5

I've replaced the bulbs in switches. I remove the panel and depress the holding tabs to get the switch out, pay attention or mark where the wire go and remove them. After you get the sw out, take two tiny screwdrivers and pry at the center sides of the sw to get the rocker out. Then you have to find out if you need an AC or DC wheat bulb. I've only done DC bulbs, so I don't know what to tell you about AC bulbs, unless it is a neon bulb. They will usually have a resistor in series with them. Neon bulbs will have two electrodes without a filament between the electrodes. When they are bad, they are usually dark in color. Almost like there is soot inside the bulb. Good luck and turn the power off first.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
I agree with Dunner, with one exception - after removing the switch, take it to an RV store (not a hdwr store) an get yerself an exact match. It's a lot easier than dis-assembling and cracking the switch.
nbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:12 AM   #7

Where's your sense of adventure? They might have used heat, but they got the rocker in there without cracking it.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:43 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
PS - That light is not 110 volts, it is 12vdc and merely tells you the 110v element to water heater is on or "at the ready".
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #9

I just ordered the switch from Navistar.....total cost 6.05 plus shipping, but had to order a windshield wiper arm also. They told me that you couldn't just change the bulb in the switch.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #10

If you value your time, it's not worth it, but it can be done. I have a bin 1/2 full of all sorts of light bulbs I've salvaged from VCRs, Stereos, etc. I like fixing stuff, just to see if I can.

Tags
water