Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2014, 10:28 AM   #15

The popular Samsung 197 warranty is also void if used in any type of mobile dwelling like an RV or houseboat

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2014, 11:20 AM   #16

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitz372 View Post
The popular Samsung 197 warranty is also void if used in any type of mobile dwelling like an RV or houseboat
Samsung does not recommend use of the refrigerator in an RV but I have never seen a statement saying that the warranty is void. Please provide a reference if you have one.

docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 11:39 AM   #17

Also make sure you have enough battery to handle it. Minimum 4 deep cycle. More is better.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:23 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
Samsung does not recommend use of the refrigerator in an RV but I have never seen a statement saying that the warranty is void. Please provide a reference if you have one.
I remember reading it somewhere in the books when I bought my 197. I found this online from samsung.com but it appears to be the austriala warranty. I can't find the online us warranty, like I said I do remember reading about it in my books. I'm not a lawyer so I might have read something wrong. Let me know if so, I always had the understanding my fridge had no warranty.

From samsung.com

This Warranty does not cover any Samsung-branded refrigerators which are or have been installed in a movable dwelling such as a caravans (travel trailer) or house boat. These Samsung consumer products are not designed to be used in such moveable dwellings and their performance may be affected in such contexts.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #19

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
How do you get the fridge in? Do you have to remove the wind shield.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosullivan View Post
How do you get the fridge in? Do you have to remove the wind shield.
I'm sure it depends on the coach, but I took both front seats out, removed the doors off the fridge, and went in through the door
Old 10-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #21

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitz372 View Post
I remember reading it somewhere in the books when I bought my 197. I found this online from samsung.com but it appears to be the austriala warranty. I can't find the online us warranty, like I said I do remember reading about it in my books. I'm not a lawyer so I might have read something wrong. Let me know if so, I always had the understanding my fridge had no warranty.

From samsung.com

This Warranty does not cover any Samsung-branded refrigerators which are or have been installed in a movable dwelling such as a caravans (travel trailer) or house boat. These Samsung consumer products are not designed to be used in such moveable dwellings and their performance may be affected in such contexts.
Here's the US warranty for refrigerators 18 cu ft and larger. It has no restrictions regarding how you use the product. Samsung

I think the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act probably makes it very difficult for a manufacturer to get out of warranty obligations unless it can prove that the installation of the refrigerator caused the failure. This is the same Act that stopped car companies from claiming that all sorts of after-market products somehow voided their warranties. Even those companies that stipulate they won't cover usage in an RV might change their tune if they were taken to court over it.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:53 PM   #22

I replaced a Norcold 1200 series with a Samsung RF197 last year. The Samsung had a cracked ice cube tray. Samsung promptly replaced the entire icemaker unit for free under warranty with no questions asked.

Tags
refrigerator