Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2016, 11:44 AM   #1

How can I find the best price a dealer will take on a new MH?

Went to a La Mesa RV show in Phx to look at the Winnebago Fuse, which we like a lot. The 23A floorplan is new for 2017 I think. Sticker is 110k, their "discount" price is 85k. Salesman said they discount their RVs 30%, but that's only 20%. How do I get invoice info without haggling? The guy claimed they get $750 no matter what it sells for. Thanks in advance.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2016, 12:00 PM   #2

With the MH's I really don't think you need to worry so much about the invoice as much as the discount off of MSRP. The dealers regularly get incentives from the manufactures which allows them to vary their discounts. The ballpark discounts seem to be between a 25%-30% +/- depending on brand, size, ad-ons ect. I never saw an invoice while looking but after dealing with several dealers I knew I was getting a good price when the difference was about $6000 less and other dealers would not meet that price. Your current discount is really 23%, so you are in the ballpark, and can probably push them to at least a 25% discount, or more with a little negotiation.

Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:05 PM   #3

Well, we could all assume the salesman is not telling the full truth (which of course is fairly easy to do - but there ARE some good ones), or maybe he was giving you a hint as to what to offer. Try offering him 77k, which really is 30% off, and see what they say.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post
Well, we could all assume the salesman is not telling the full truth (which of course is fairly easy to do - but there ARE some good ones), or maybe he was giving you a hint as to what to offer. Try offering him 77k, which really is 30% off, and see what they say.
Yeah he kept saying 30%, I didn't feel like reminding him the discounted price was about 20%. He also said he was a reverend in Yuma. With a lot of tattoos! You think there would be a forum for how much did you pay for your new RV? Heck there are once for Priceline hotel rooms.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:06 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
From what I've read on this forum, the small Winnebagos typically get about a 23% max discount. These would include the Sprinter, Dodge and Transit chassis.
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwood27 View Post
From what I've read on this forum, the small Winnebagos typically get about a 23% max discount. These would include the Sprinter, Dodge and Transit chassis.
This would be a 24% discount if I remember the correct sticker price of $110k. Some of the bigger 24-30' Class A and C units had bigger discounts. The Rev said this was a "Class B+" and Winnebago lists it under Class C. It's a Ford chassis and diesel.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:42 PM   #7

That "sticker" price seems high based on the retail price list. A 23D (Winnebago sent me that too, I didn't post it) or 23L completely loaded was still just under $100K. Unless this new model costs $10K more? Doubt that...

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:14 PM   #8

Start searching the Internet for deals across the nation. Use that as leverage at the local dealerships. We got a phenomenal deal on exactly the coach we wanted doing this. Even paying to have the coach shipped from Savannah to So Cal, we were way ahead. Remember, they must sell coaches. You just want to buy one. Be sure your want is less than their must.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
That "sticker" price seems high based on the retail price list. A 23D (Winnebago sent me that too, I didn't post it) or 23L completely loaded was still just under $100K. Unless this new model costs $10K more? Doubt that...
The 23D is the Trend, same floorplan different engine/chassis. The 23A Fuse is a diesel which they said is about $5k more than the gas. There's really only one option package and they all have it. The sticker was $105k not 110. It probably has a destination charge too.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:00 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Lichtsinn.com has a Fuse 23A listed at $105K.
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:21 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Pick what price you think a given coach should be ... make that offer and be prepared to walk if they don't accept it. If you make it out the door - you crossed whatever line that they won't discount below. Nothing brings the real bottom line to the surface faster than the a good look at a potential customer's ass walking towards the door.
SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:13 AM   #12

Ahh, Fuse, read right past that. Good luck....

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer