Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
Just gets washed whenever it gets back home.
Ditto. At home we know what the water is like and we have all the tools/brushes.

If we were full time it might be a different situation.

Jon

2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #16

"Bore Water" as referenced by Rusty is Well Water. A reasonable price to pay a campground is $ 10 for use of "their water".

Old 01-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #17

First note- if you choose a Truck Wash be careful where you step as they blast grease on the ground everywhere and it will end up getting tracked inside your rig.
I keep a hose made for watering plants indoors that hooks to your kitchen faucet. I fill my tank at the park and then find a empty asphalt lot to wash my rig. It's not the best pressure but it works. I use a hose end sprayer that mixes the soap (harbor freight) and also rinses so I don't use a bucket. I also bought a de- ionizer ( water sticks.com ) that lets me spray/rinse with no water spots on anything. Depending on how warm it is determines how much I can wash before using de-ionizer. If you run out of water which I don't go back to park fill up and then finish, they can't say a word. I just do this in a pinch when it's dirty and I can't find something. I use the de-ionizer at home all the time , soft water still gives you water spots.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:30 PM   #18

I once washed my big 72 pontiac station wagon with a gallon of water in death valley,Ca.While its not perfect it can be done with little water.Or you can wait until it rains and use a long brush with cleaning fluid and go out and wash and rinse.HA Ha.Just joking
Old 02-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Jeff:

we're at bernardo shores - in the office, they have business cards for folks who'll wash (and wax) your rv. i have seen business cards in most park offices.

as for the suggest to "ask for permission".... we've done that at other places with varying success.

regards, pdq
pdq_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #20

Just got home yesterday from trip out west--hired 3 gentlemen in Roswell NM. $60. Average job---Barstow Ca. Blue Beacon truck wash $52 great job--Effingham Illinois Blue Beacon truck wash $52. Great job. All three times they washed RV & toad & I never unhooked
Old 02-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Was that just the wash or more ?
did they do the roof too ?

WELL WORTH IT
Old 02-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #22

If the weather cooperates, I will sometimes wash our motorhome during a substantial rainfall. If there is no lightning, I get the soap and my brushes and poles and wash away while it rains. I wear a bathing suit and shirt (old men look horrible, imo, without shirts) and wash away. Rainwater is reasonably soft, and, if the pad gets soggy, it is not from the wash. Of course, if you are not in area where it rains much, this does not work.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #23

Blue Beacon have long wands that reach under coach-I have two compartments I open and they spray out- the LP area & the DEF tank seem to collect road trash- their wands will reach the roof to + they have sprinklers for the roof- the $52 covered rainX on total rig too
Old 02-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #24

I have all my wash supplies in the belly. Pails, suds, wash brushes, etc,, I will stop at a rest area and wash it myself right there. I use a leaf blower to dry it off. Leaves no streaks and water spots. Looks great when I roll in to my next stop.

joe
Old 02-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have several Blue Beacons in the Phoenix area. My Coach is new and has never been washed by anyone but me, at home. Lots of work and takes forever. I do remember reading on the forum that you should not use a certain type on cleaner that Blue Beacon offers. Is it the Aluminum cleaner that is bad? I see above that people are using the RainX. I guess that is good. Thanks for any info.
Les
goldviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #26

All the campgrounds we've been to, including both commercial and state parks, have had rules against washing RVs and cars. The commercial places had contractors they allowed into the park to provide those services

We just had our RV hand washed and waxed here at Totonaka RV Park in San Carlos, Mexico. Roof to wheels with us providing the wax it cost $ 70 US and the worker took almost 2 days. We'll have it done once more before we leave in April
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #27

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When we 1st pull into our place I hook up the water hose. then I have a 2 gallon hand sprayer with turtle Wash & Wax. Quickly spray the front, use the hose to rinse before anyone can complain. if the front isn't coated with heavy mud I use one of the dry wash type products and do the whole coach each evening. Wash Wax all is one that approved for aircraft, should be good enough for a MH.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdq_bc View Post
Hi Jeff:

we're at bernardo shores - in the office, they have business cards for folks who'll wash (and wax) your rv. i have seen business cards in most park offices.

as for the suggest to "ask for permission".... we've done that at other places with varying success.

regards, pdq

X2 and all the mobile detailers I know do the roof as well. Some of the best money I ever spent and did a much better job than me! When we're in Lake Havasu we use Arizona Reflections.