Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-21-2016, 08:09 AM   #15
Winnebago Owners Club
ZIP Wash and Wax by Turtle Wax by bucket and telescopic pole brush. RV,cars and boat for years.

Hugh & Roberta
George & Gracie(Boston Terrors)
04 Sightseer 30B & 04 Honda CRV
HUGHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2016, 08:58 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I take mine to a local (about 3 miles) coin-operated car wash. They have a roofless stall that makes washing it from top-to-bottom relatively easy. I take it there about once a month.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160418_113511.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	130794  

2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:25 PM   #17
Monaco Owners Club
I also use Dawn to wash the rig. I bought a new Peerless deionizer that really works well, you can soap it down then rinse with the Peerless and never have to dry it. You can also do it in full sun! It doesn't leave any water spots. This saves me about 65% of the time I used to Squeege and dry. I way once a year by hand takes all day.Regards
2009 Monaco Camelot 425 HP cunmins ISL 40QDP
Toad- 2011 ford- flex tow 4 wheel down
rvadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:58 AM   #18
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Originally Posted by ArmandV View Post
I take mine to a local (about 3 miles) coin-operated car wash. They have a roofless stall that makes washing it from top-to-bottom relatively easy. I take it there about once a month.
I haven't been able to find a car wash near me that is tall enough to do that. I end up washing the coach once a month in the drive way. It's not that hard to do, but we have hard water and I have to dry it to keep the water spots off and that is a bigger PITA. I usually end up putting a coat of Turtle Wax Ice on it after washing to get rid of the water spots I miss or that dry up before I can wipe them off.
Dennis and Katherine
2000 Monaco Dynasty
barmcd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:13 AM   #19

When washing I will use a quality soap made for automobile finishes and waxes. Many dishsoaps are too harsh and will also wash the wax off. Mequires has been my soap of choice for past few years. This is followed with a rinse with DI water to leave a spot free surface. Waxing once a year.
With thay being said I just tried Aero Wash Wax All this past weekend. This is a waterless cleaner and goes on very easy and little effort to clean and wipe off. The results were great, I did the entire coach including roof, windows and wheels.
If coach is not overly dirty this is a very easy method to get the coach looking shiny and new.
I will continue my normal washing routine but may now do the Aero treatment every couple months and as a touchup while on the road.
Spk64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 05:43 PM   #20
I'm fortunate to have a car wash near my home that washes RVs for $2.50/ft. They usually have four guys work on it at once, and they're done in under two hours. Beats the heck out of doing it myself, and they do a darned fine job. The only drawback is that they only do RVs Monday-Thursday, as they're too busy on the weekend days.

Don't know what they charge for waxing, but I will probably have them do it next time I have the coach washed. Even if it's triple the price of just the wash it'll be worth it.
2013 Ventana 3434
1994 Jeep Wrangler
PantherJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:17 PM   #21
Monaco Owners Club
We go the "old school" route ... weather permitting - we hand wash our coach using Meguiars' Deep Crystal Wash. I man the long handled brush ... DW mans the hose to rinse and point out the spots I missed.

If the weather is too cold to be playing with water (like after an early spring trip back from Florida) ... we'll hit the local truck wash. They don't do as good a job as we do ourselves ... BUT, they do a decent job at getting the road grime and salt off and can do it all year round.

Once a year we conduct what has fondly come to be known as "Wax Weekend" - during which we hand wash the coach, polish the aluminum wheels with Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish, RainX all the windows, treat the canvas with 303 Fabric Guard and finally, hand wax the beast from tip to tail with Mequiars Cleaner/Wax using the time honored technique seen in the video below.

This year "Wax Weekend" fell on Father's day weekend - you can see the results here on our website. Wax Weekend usually ends up being a 22+ hour effort - during which I enlist whatever outside help I can muster (I own a couple of kids that owe me in a BIG way!) This year's results were stellar. The beast shines like mirror - evidenced by the way that everything around the coach (my van, the ladders, the school) can be seen in the reflection on the sides of the coach. I couldn't be happier with the results!

SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:48 PM   #22

I'll wash my MH myself using Meguiars auto wash and a telescoping brush made for washing. But as far as the waxing I have a detailer come in and do that part of the job for me. I do use Rejex on the front as it works great for bugs.
Tony & Ruth........... FMCA#F416727
Newmar Dutch Star 4320, Spartan MM Chassis, Cat C9, Jeep Grand Cherokee,with Hemi, hooked up with a Blue Ox Aventa LX, and Brake Buddy.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:16 AM   #23
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Soap, Water, Brush, Elbow Grease

OK but seriously,
Chemical Guys Foam Cannon
Retired Navy Submariner
2014 Itasca Sunstar 35F; 5 Star tuned; 2014 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
SuperGewl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 05:28 PM   #24
Wash n wax

Had motorhome vinyl wrapped so only wipe with 303 protectant every other month,easy.
Wrapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:05 PM   #25
Two words...BLUE BEACON.

Rich-n-Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 04:41 PM   #26
Originally Posted by Rich-n-Linda View Post
Two words...BLUE BEACON.

I tried this option for the first time ever at the end of our last trip. I LIKE IT!!!!!!! Motorhome ownership is supposed to be relaxing.
HappyCamper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:47 PM   #27
Thor Owners Club
I use Gelgloss on the whole coach
Gets the bugs, we kill a lot of bugs, and any black streaks.
Heavy dirt I use a car or boat soap in between
Good coat of boat wax in the fall
donmacd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:03 PM   #28
Monaco Owners Club
We used Beats-em-all which is carnauba wax without fillers. We hired a 13 year old and 16 year old. It took 2 bottles at $16 and 6 hours with supervision. coach looks like new!

Dave and Cathy
2005 Monaco Executive 43 PBQ
IlliniCathy is offline   Reply With Quote