Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2016, 06:09 PM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusfruge View Post
Hi there, we're owners of a Class A motorhome which was vandalized last October near our home. We took it to a reputable repair facility in Katy, Texas for them to do the work rather than the dealer we had purchased from. Our coach was dropped off with a list of items that needed to either be replaced or repaired on October 29, 2015. I had open heart surgery in November and was recuperating for an extended period of time. The repair facility took until December 7th to come up with an estimate which was reportedly sent over to our insurance however it was late in January before the final approval was given to start the work. Nearly $21,000 worth of damages. The windshield and 4 other windows had to be replaced along with the control panel for the Lippert leveling system. In all six thousand dollars in parts and the balance in labor. Each storage door as well as the entrance door had been prie open by the vandals and had to be repaired by their paint and body shop. They have been working on our unit since the end of January and we're told that it should be finished by the end of this month. Seven months is a very long time to effect the repairs in my opinion. I curiousl to know if some of you have had similar experiences with repairs to your motor home.
I have had open heart surgery. You must be tough to put up with that BS with your rig after going thru what I know you did while healing. That repair facility?Sucks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2016, 09:53 AM   #16
Commercial Member

the squeeky wheel get the grease. call the service manager once a week, or show up once a week to review the progress. dont be a pest, or belligerent. just persistent
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 10:11 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice View Post
Seems like a long time. Ask this. Camping world that part of town ?
Slice
WHAT??
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:07 AM   #18

No excuse, they should be ashamed of that timeline. My guess is that they were not shelling money out of thier pockets for parts, they were waiting on insurance Co to pay for parts first.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:58 AM   #19

Repair Record, page 2

Appreciate all the comment by fellow rver's. The shop called early last week to let me know that they had moved our coach from the paint & body side to the service side. However, they discovered that they had ordered the wrong control panel for the Lippert leveling unit....imagine that!!! It will take another week before they can secure the correct unit. The saga continues OMG! Rufus
rufusfruge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:17 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusfruge View Post
Appreciate all the comment by fellow rver's. The shop called early last week to let me know that they had moved our coach from the paint & body side to the service side. However, they discovered that they had ordered the wrong control panel for the Lippert leveling unit....imagine that!!! It will take another week before they can secure the correct unit. The saga continues OMG! Rufus
At least they had enough consideration to have called you. They admitted they ordered the wrong part? Usually that is someone else's fault. Let's hope the end of this saga is near and everything will be repaired to your satisfaction.
You are surely more patient than I am. I would have been there and they would have known I was there.
I hope this story has a happy ending.
Lynn
Old 05-30-2016, 07:24 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redapple View Post
No excuse, they should be ashamed of that timeline. My guess is that they were not shelling money out of thier pockets for parts, they were waiting on insurance Co to pay for parts first.
rufusfruge (& Redapple)
Unfortunately methinks the shop is simply doing what most repair shops do!
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 12:41 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
We took our new to us Monaco Executive to RV repair facility for a few repairs. Aqua hot had a drop, gen needed serviced, a slide failed to activate intermittently. They insisted we bring it in by 7 a on a Monday and proceeded to keep it 10 weeks. They the quoted 28k in repairs. Wanted to replace aqua hot, replace hydraulic pump which operated slides, said nothing wrong w slide and did service gen. They also back coach into something and damaged rear cap. We declined all repairs. Found leaking fitting on aqua hot. Hydraulic pump worked fine. Gen pan full of diesel as they had used incorrect fitting. Ended up doing all work ourselves, including fiberglass repair and painting. Currently disputing there bill for "diagnosing". If you find good repair facility you will have found a treasure.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:18 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
I do the same exact thing.
Same here. We don't leave expensive stuff in it. Deductible will replace anything stolen and it won't need repair.
Texasranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:55 PM   #24

We are picking up our new Journey 40R Friday in Ft Meyers from camping world.
We purchased a new TT in March, Forest River Cardinal 3030RS. $98,000 msrp for $58,000 so a decent deal. We traded in a 2015 Raptor that was OK, but had a new roof under warranty..in and out in two weeks. Super happy with camping world.
Wife couldn't reach cabinets and this why we traded in for the Cardinal. The Cardinal is a Camping World now for a new roof, warranty. But in the short 3 months slide outs and level up system failed twice. Both times went direct to camping world and was in and out in 1/2 day. So happy with Camping World but not Forest River. I repaired myself, pantry fell out, about 6 ft tall. Rebuilt and added two extra heavy drawer slides. I rebuilt and rehung rear valance and re installed both rear curtains..all fell off. I repaired shower skylight..installed wrong.
While waiting in Albuquerque for two days waiting for Camping World to open after Memorial Day because the slides quit again I had to re-build the bed frame as mattress started sagging in middle. At the same time one of the bus door supports fell off, I repaired. Then half of the lights quit working LED and then the top rubber seals ripped while putting main slide out out. Then one whole cabinet door fell apart and I reglued etc, then the refrigator started falling out of the wall.
And after we got home from Yellowstone and others I'm walking up stairs(we park RVs under the house) I see the roof is peeling back. That's why it's in for warranty. Thru all this its Forest River that is a pain in the ass. Have to wait weeks for repair authorization. No problem with Camping World though.
But we will never us the Cardinal again. DONE WITH IT. No Trust. Will sell as soon as repairs made. New Braunfels Camping World was giving a better than average trade but they didn't have what we wanted. That was the final straw that made us decide to go all in on a DP and prolly the last RV we will ever buy as I'll be 80 in ten years. Yes, we're buying from Camping World out of state. If Camping world can get repairs approved there pretty good.
But I saw a couple in Albuquerque raising hell...I wouldn't recommend that as you will be the last one fixed.
Texasranger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, repairs