Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #141

Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We have 2006 Vacationer we bought 4 months ago. Had to have some things repaired but just minor. So far we love it but only put a couple thousand miles on so time will tell. Changed all oils and filters and new tires, getting ready for a long trip so we will fined out how she goes!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #142

Monaco Owners Club
2005 Holiday Rambler Scepter 40 PBT, New to us May 2013.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #143

Purchased a 2003 HR Endeavor 34 just a little over a year ago, 3 slides, 330hp Cummings, 2 heatpumps on roof. Only used 2 times last year (total 10 days) but 4 times this year (total 21 days). Only had one real problem; kitchen sink drain hose (for slide expansion) came off and watered the kitchen tile. Going to head South for winter months and will be spending about 5 mos in it.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:14 AM   #144

Carolina Campers
1989 Imperial 34' for the last 8 years. Cream puff, lots of upgrades, and a ton of great memories that we're still compiling.

Tim and Cathy Smith
NC
Old 07-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #145

Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
Wow The response is over the top ! glad to see so many happy owners !
Old 07-31-2013, 10:46 AM   #146

Gulf Streamers Club
Bought our first MH last month. 2006 Holiday Rambler Admiral 30 PDD.
Shakedown trip last weekend and we love it. Not too big and not too small.
Getting close to retirement and want to start seeing the country.
Have a 74 VW Beetle for a toad and headed out next week with two of our grandsons for a week of fun and memories.
Hope to meet some of you on the road some day.
Crabb E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #147

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry I missed this post fxdave.

Very satisfied with my Endeavor. Its old but easy to take care of. Have not used it much in the last year because of sickness but all is well now and I should be able to get back on the road. I had a 20x40 cover put up to protect it from the Florida rains. Just changed my coolant and transmission fluid.

What I found was amazing. It had the original thermostat 11/97. This one had a flange on it that matched up to a flange surface on the engine. Very bad design. Flat machined surfaces have a tendency to grow together so this one was stuck. New cummins thermostat is entirely different. Had a hard time getting back from Branson at my last outing but I took my time so I could keep the temp down and drove mostly mornings. My coolant was way above a 50/50 solution. I drained it to a clear container and thank goodness the engine did not show any signs of internal debris. So I can't wait to get back on the road with it. My new thermostat opens and 183 and runs at 182. Very pleased.

Any older endeavor owner should make sure this old style thermostat is not in their Cummins engine. It is bad news. I am just sorry I didn't change it before the Branson trip.

But I love my Endeavor. It is all I will ever need.

Happy trails
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #148

Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
Greystroke glad your feeling better buddy ! i should hook up with u some time while we are roaming
Old 08-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #149

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdave View Post
Greystroke glad your feeling better buddy ! i should hook up with u some time while we are roaming
Sounds good. Maybe a Jacksonville trip can be in our future. Have to make a trip to Texas and Kansas next month without the MH. But after that I will get it back on the road.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 08-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #150

Taking delivery of a 2004 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45PST in two days. Love the way it drives after experiencing only Class C up to now. This is our first motorhome purchase; we're excited to get started. I decided to retire and enjoy life after a friend of mine died of cancer two months after the initial diagnosis. We've been looking at RVs for a few months and came across a deal we couldn't pass up. We're newbies in almost every sense. This is my first post; we're looking forward to being a part of the RV community here. Any advice will be welcomed.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #151

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome to the forum Mike. I joined a local chapter of an FMCA group and it was a lot of fun. Had to drop out for the last year or so but I am thinking now I might join back up now that I am getting control of health issues. I know you will like that MH. See you on the road.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 08-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
Taking delivery of a 2004 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45PST in two days. Love the way it drives after experiencing only Class C up to now. This is our first motorhome purchase; we're excited to get started. I decided to retire and enjoy life after a friend of mine died of cancer two months after the initial diagnosis. We've been looking at RVs for a few months and came across a deal we couldn't pass up. We're newbies in almost every sense. This is my first post; we're looking forward to being a part of the RV community here. Any advice will be welcomed.
Congratulations on your new ride. We have been full time in an '03 Monaco Signature, which is a close cousin under the skin of your HR, for going on 7 years now. You should join the Monaco group here on IRV2 and perhaps the Monacoers yahoo group. The big HR owners group "Rambling Pushers" is one of the best owner groups in motorhoming. They have a big maintenance rally in Goshen, IN every year.

Safe travels.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #153

Thanks

Thanks for the nice welcomes to RVing and this site. Incidentally, speaking of close cousins, the '04 Navigator's Detroit Diesel engine has a big Monaco symbol on it.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #154

Guppy

We just bought a 87 Imperial. Plan to travel across country in the spring. We are in New England. Can't wait to get moving!

Tags
cat diesel, freightliner, holiday rambler, monaco