Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2014, 06:04 PM   #197

Monaco Owners Club
2012 HR Vacationer, 36' and love every bit of it....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2014, 10:03 AM   #198

Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
this post is rockin :)

Well this post is rockin im excited looks like ill be looking to upgrade my RV ( need the tax write offs ) not in a big hurry i have 6 mos and mine is fine we will be traveling a lot this summer otherwise id just keep mine but ill be lookin at anther Monaco likin the dynasty but we will see obviously im lookin to buy one right

Old 06-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #199

Monaco Owners Club
Bought a new HR Admiral 33' in 2005 to use, have 91+thousand miles and still reaching out for more. A great coach with all upgrades, and I do mean ALL!
Old 06-09-2014, 08:02 PM   #200

Carolina Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I've had my 1989 Imperial for.......9 years now. Headed out this week for one of our annual pilgrimages to Myrtle Beach. We have really enjoyed the ole girl. Usually in need of some sort of TLC prior, but its always a good trip. Hoping to do some rebuild/upgrades this coming fall and winter.
Has anyone had experience with upgrading with a Gear Vendors over/under drive on the older 7.4L turbo 400 trans models?
Old 06-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #201

Maybe you can help

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonjm209 View Post
I'm on my third Holiday Rambler M/H. It's a 2003 H/R vacationer 32' w/2slides powered by a Ford V10 Gasser 41,000 miles towing a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 114,000 miles. (Brake Buddy) We saw the Holiday on line in 2004 on consignment at North Trail RV, made a deal on the phone and drove our 2000 down to Ft. Meyers and bought it for a good deal. It had a few minor problems which we addressed and are still happy with it.

It rides real nice and tows just as good. After getting on this site I'm very comfortable with it cause I see very few problems with either (the H/R and Ford) on this site.

Joe from Ct.
Hi Joe, you being a long term holiday owner, can you tell me where to locate the blower motor resister. I have a 2004 vacationer. Thanks
Old 06-19-2014, 10:10 AM   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdave View Post
just curious how many holiday rambler owners we have here ? also how do you like your coach ? mine is a 97 endeavor wds cat powered ! i love the fact that its paid for ! though i have been doing some tinkering ! would love to hear about your coach !
My brother and I have bought a 96 holiday rambler endeavor, still getting the kinks worked out of it, lived in it at my brothers for the last two months, took it on one short trip. Has about 80,000 miles on it, used ony about 4000 miles in the last 9 years, needed a new house new water pump, pump for generator, caliper locked up, and we are getting new tires.

We took it on a short 2 day camping trip.... Expect to live in it several months in Ohio, this fall, perhaps some long term camping next year.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #203

2001 HR Scepter 38 PDQ new to me last year. Had a lot of catch repair and maintence items but otherwise as solid as a rock.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:16 AM   #204

Holiday Vacationer

We have a 2004 Holiday Vacationer, 34ft, two slides. Just after retirement we purchased a 38' Montana that we pulled with a f350 Dollie. Was a great unit, however was not a comfortable ride. With much discussion, we decided to switch to a class a solution that has proven an excellent choice. I have always admired the Holiday RV, having experienced other family members with theirs. We came up on our 2004 Vacationer and absolutely love it.

We have settled in to a routine of summer at home in WV and winter in Florida where we have purchased a lot in a wonderful RV community.

Life is good!
Old 06-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #205

I am from Ansted, Gauley Bridge section of WV, moved to Flagler Beach Fl in 2000. This is my second holiday rambler. Over the years used a tent a lot, 3 VW Van Campers and 23 Ft HR bounder, and a truck camper.

My brother is a good mechanic, and getting the kinks worked out, our idea is for us to use it summers in WV and up north in summers and him to use it a few months in winter here in Fl, only paid 11,000 for it.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:25 PM   #206

We pick up or 2011 H.R. Endeavor 42 PAQ from Lazydays in Seffner, FL on 7-3. Traded in a 01 Alfa 40' Toyhouse. Can't wait!
Endeavoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #207

2000 vacationer!!! Owned for about a year. Love it.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:57 PM   #208

2012 32' Holiday Rambler motor home gas engine

This is Sea Grouch purchase a 32' motor new 2012 Holiday Rambler Alum- lite had a few things wrong but over all nice machine, not a lot of travel yet, set up for summers.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:23 PM   #209

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have a 2008, 38ft HR Vacationer, gas pusher, 3 slides and love it. As always, needs loving care with the assistance of money every now and then but that is to be expected.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:10 PM   #210

Broken Bow, Ok as I'm typing. :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140623_190819.png
Views:	80
Size:	904.8 KB
ID:	66028

Tags
cat diesel, freightliner, holiday rambler, monaco