Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2014, 03:19 AM   #239

Mid Atlantic Campers
I purchased a 2004 holiday rambler Vacationer with a 99 jeep Cherokee toad. I think I paid to much at 40K. It is gas, and 33K miles. It did have new tires and good condition inside. Thoughts?

cnocmmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2014, 07:54 AM   #240

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
As posted previously, I have a 2004 Holiday Vacationer. On a trip to Colorado this summer, I had a blowout 80 miles out of Saint Louis. Got that taken care of, made it to Denver. While there I ended up in the hospital with congestive heart failure. Was released from hospital with oxygen and a defibrillator vest in hopes that I would make it home and continue with treatment. Because of my condition the wife had to drive. Just south of Denver we had a engine fire, which subsequently ended up with a blown engine. So long story short, we had to leave the RV and tow car in and runt a van to get me home with all my bottles of oxygen and stuff we needed from the RV. Insurance is paying to replace the engine, I am on my way to recover slow but steady. The RV will be ready to pick up the end of September. I have put out bids to have it delivered after repairs are complete.

Needless to say that was the trip from hell, that I hope me or any of my fellow RV'ers never have to experience again.

Just felt like sharing..😎

Old 09-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #241

Mid Atlantic Campers
I am so sorry to hear this news? How are you now and are you able to recover fully as of yet? Where are you homeported out of and hopefully all will be better in the near future?
From my end, I have only had this thing 6 months and have had it in the shop a few times for normal things, i.e oil and lube, transmission tune etc. I do have an odd issue that I think is worth mentioning since you have an 04 Vacationer, on the left side of the steps where the stairs meets with the side wall carpet I noticed two large mushrooms growing out of the carpet? This tells me there is water damage under that carpet and so I think I will need to tear out that section of the wall carpet and see how much water damage it actually there???
I hope you get better soon and God speed.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #242

2002 HR Neptune 34ft DP with 32K miles. Looking forward to full timing it here in a few weeks.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:25 AM   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by plot4 View Post
My Holiday Rambler was not in the recall numbers either. Ran off the road into the median and did damage to undercarriage. Nothing serious mainly bolt on parts. Also broke rear axle trailing arm. Thank goodness repairs were covered by insurance. New trailing arm repair was around $5,000. Coach never drove so well. Glad unit was so well built that trailing arms was only mfg problem. how about the replacement cost for a Holiday Rambler one piece windshield. Windshield itself less shipping and installation was over $1,800.
All in all the cost to replace the trailing arms, extended stay at a KOA and one night in a hotel while the rig was being repaired came to about $5K. Its much better of a ride now and looking forward to our continuing journey. Already put on more than a thousand miles since the repair.

We will be replacing the right half of our windshield soon. Hoping it will wait until we get down into Florida to have it installed.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:13 PM   #244

Just joined the group

We have a 2006 Ambassador 40' DP 330 hp cummins 3000mh allison transmission for the past three years.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:51 PM   #245

Hello to all our fellow HR owners.We purchased a 1988 HR34CS Imperial about three weeks ago with some issues.A lot of little things that are in need of repair but it only has 64k on the dial.It runs good and shifts good.The 454 purrs like a kitten.I am a retired Diesel mechanic so I have plenty of time to tinker with it while my wife is finishing out her career.The plan is to use it mainly on short trips and have it in tip top shape when she retires and we will (The Good Lord Willing) take a 3-4 mos. trip hopefully circumnavigating our country.I really enjoy repairing anything mechanical and there is a lot to learn about RV's,especially old ones.Have a great fall everyone,John
Old 10-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #246

2003 H/R Vacationer

Just bought this last week. This is our first RV and am proud to have this as our first RV. 36', 2 s/o and so much room inside and out. 8.1 gas Workhorse chassis.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:54 PM   #247

Mid Atlantic Campers
Sounds like what i have except mine is an 04' have fun
Mike
Old 10-07-2014, 03:40 PM   #248

2008 Ambassador 38PDQ just got it home. Lovin it!
Old 10-08-2014, 06:52 PM   #249

We have a 2007 Holiday Rambler Next Level Toy Hauler, 40 ft and haul a smart car. We bought it in Dec and have been doing a lot of weekend camping and making modifications on it. It was in great shape but the inside steps were steep so hubby fixed those for me. (bad knee). Now he's working on putting in a washer and dryer and adding an electric heater on the gas heater. So we can have either one.

I'd love to meet people and go camping. We are working on going full time. But so much to do to get there. WOW. The thought of selling everything we have after 46 years of marriage is scary and will be time consuming. Especially hubby's collector car collection OMG That alone will take forever and in a bad economy. GRRRRR

So looking in about a year. Is that possible?
Old 10-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #250

National RV Owners Club
Just joined the HR forum, however I don't own one, at least not YET. Last year I bought a 2000 National 34' Seabreeze. We love the Seabreeze and it is in perfect shape. The former owner always kept it garaged and it shows.
Recently I saw the layout of a 2003 Holiday Rambler 34' PDT. We love that layout and if we ever find one that has been kept like ours, we would probably trade up to it. We mainly like the fact that the kitchen is on the drivers side and the table and chairs overlook our own patio.
Don't have any idea of how many are out there or how many were even made, but if we ever see one
Old 10-10-2014, 05:53 PM   #251

2007 HR Neptune 36ft.PDQ bought new in 2007.
Bill
Old 10-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #252

Monaco Owners Club
2002 Holiday Rambler Imperial 38PWD

Tags
cat diesel, freightliner, holiday rambler, monaco