Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2014, 08:11 AM   #267

Bought a HR 2003 atlantis 29.5', 6.8 liter V10. Really seems to be in pretty good shape for age. It has 9600 miles on it. Had every thing checked out. New belt,hoses new fluids, couple new house batts. and new carb put on genset. Yikes! Little piece of gold there!!! Gen only had 23 hrs on it . Not used. Pretty gummed up (carb that is) to say the least! Hope it's ready to go when I am! I haven't had it out, as of yet for a test.

Augusta model replaced Atlantis in the past few years, I think!

Let you know how the shake down goes.....
HRvindeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2014, 07:16 AM   #268

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Hello Doug,
Thank you so much for your response. We have the giant notebook and I believe we have most of the manufacturers' manuals, however, we do not seem to have any sort of schematic for the way the vehicle is wired. Most of the switches on the drivers dash board need to be replaced (they are brittle and don't always stay flipped up) and we do not seem to have anything relating to the ice maker.

We would be happy just to get the schematic for the wiring. I will be glad to pay you for any trouble and expense you might incur with sharing that with us.

Are you the original owner of your Imperial?

Thank you again for your help.

Bonnie
Teachertype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:19 PM   #269

Vintage RV Owners Club
1986 Holiday Rambler Imperial 33 wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teachertype View Post
Hello Doug,
Thank you so much for your response. We have the giant notebook and I believe we have most of the manufacturers' manuals, however, we do not seem to have any sort of schematic for the way the vehicle is wired. Most of the switches on the drivers dash board need to be replaced (they are brittle and don't always stay flipped up) and we do not seem to have anything relating to the ice maker.

We would be happy just to get the schematic for the wiring. I will be glad to pay you for any trouble and expense you might incur with sharing that with us.

Are you the original owner of your Imperial?

Thank you again for your help.

Bonnie
Hi Bonnie,
No I am not the original owner. That being said, I know the previous owner well and know I have everything Holiday Rambler provided him. As far as replacing the brittle toggle switches goes, all you have to do is replace them one at a time, (disconnect battery first!) with better ones, I used ones with all metal parts so it won't happen again. For everything else on the chassis, it is nothing more than a P30/32 Chevrolet chassis built specifically for the motorhome industry, and you can go the this link and download in pdf. format the complete Chevrolet P30 Chassis manual which will tell you a lot about everything else such as suspension, brakes, etc. Hope this helps, and enjoy your Imperial as much as we are!

www.gmcmi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/P30-Chassis-Manual.pdf .
smokeybear26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:47 AM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybear26 View Post
Hi Bonnie,
No I am not the original owner. That being said, I know the previous owner well and know I have everything Holiday Rambler provided him. As far as replacing the brittle toggle switches goes, all you have to do is replace them one at a time, (disconnect battery first!) with better ones, I used ones with all metal parts so it won't happen again. For everything else on the chassis, it is nothing more than a P30/32 Chevrolet chassis built specifically for the motorhome industry, and you can go the this link and download in pdf. format the complete Chevrolet P30 Chassis manual which will tell you a lot about everything else such as suspension, brakes, etc. Hope this helps, and enjoy your Imperial as much as we are!

www.gmcmi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/P30-Chassis-Manual.pdf .
I really do not think the 2003 Atlantis was built on a P30 Chevy chassis. They came with the V10 which is Ford.
Capn_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 04:13 AM   #271

Vintage RV Owners Club
Question 1986 1986 1986 HR Imperial 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn_Dave View Post
I really do not think the 2003 Atlantis was built on a P30 Chevy chassis. They came with the V10 which is Ford.
Who said anything about a 2003 Atlantis?
Old 11-12-2014, 04:37 AM   #272

We have a 1986 Imperial with 47000 miles. Everything works except the steps...we are working on this...and the power steering is not currently functioning correctly. Other than that she is a jewel. We love her!
Teachertype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:14 AM   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybear26 View Post
Who said anything about a 2003 Atlantis?
Think that my entry on this OP got intertwined. Asking about how holiday rambler owners liked their rigs. I have the 03 Atlantis with " yes" a v10 Ford.
HRvindeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:48 AM   #274

Vintage RV Owners Club
We have a 1996 holiday rambler endeavor.LE We just got back from an 8000 mile around the country trip we went through all the outside states except north of New York. We love the fact that it's paid for two. But we keep having-electrical problems with it and the gauge keeps saying it's overheating I mechanic says it's probably just the gauge.

By the way does anyone know what the LE stands for?
Old 11-15-2014, 03:36 AM   #275

Vintage RV Owners Club
1996 Endeavor LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droberts9747 View Post
We have a 1996 holiday rambler endeavor.LE We just got back from an 8000 mile around the country trip we went through all the outside states except north of New York. We love the fact that it's paid for two. But we keep having-electrical problems with it and the gauge keeps saying it's overheating I mechanic says it's probably just the gauge.

It stands for Limited Edition.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:52 AM   #276

Hello Droberts,Glad you had a great safe trip.We have an 88 34' Imperial,that we just bought in August,and have done a ton of work on,including the Mor/Ryde susp.pads.Brakes etc.Fortunately I'm a retired Diesel truck mechanic and do all Maintenance myself,thankfully that saves us a ton of money on labor.If your temp. gauge immediately goes to overheat when you turn your ign.to the on position,I would check your sending unit.Disconnect the wire and see if the gauge bottoms out(coldest position)then ground the wire to a bolt or bare metal surface and the gauge should top out to Max.temp. That tells you the gauge and wire are good.With the wire off and then the gauge tops out you may have the wire grounding out on the way to the gauge.Rarely does a gauge go bad but it happens.Of course this is after you know for sure your coolant level is good,belt is on which I'm sure you have already checked.I hope this helps you and if I can give you any more advice I'd be happy to help.If I don't know I'll tell you that to.Safe traveling,John
HR88Imp2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:14 PM   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droberts9747 View Post

The oil pressure gauge in my rig kept dropping pressure on occasion as we traveled down the road. If I used my left foot to lift up on the wiring harness it would return to normal.

I removed the access cover on the top of the dash and peered down behind the instrument panel. What I found was one of the wires connected to the gauge had its nut that secured it to the post missing. The terminal wasn't holding firm...thus it gave a variation on pressure.

I replaced the missing nut, secured it and its good as new.
USA-RVNomads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:37 AM   #278

We just bought a 2003 HR Scepter and need to get rid of our 2001 HR Admiral;
2001 Holiday Rambler Admiral ClassA Workhorse W22 GM 8.1L Allison 1000 - RV & Motorhome Classifieds
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:45 PM   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdave View Post
just curious how many holiday rambler owners we have here ? also how do you like your coach ? mine is a 97 endeavor wds cat powered ! i love the fact that its paid for ! though i have been doing some tinkering ! would love to hear about your coach !
We bought a 2006 Endeavor and satisfied. We replaced the carpet with vinyl planking and tossed the window valances with the cardboard shades. Installed household wood blinds and looks great.
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:07 AM   #280

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to jeflyer
I bought a 1994 34 Endeavor LE on an Oshkosh frame with a 5.9 Cummins and 6-speed Allison tranny. My wife and I have cleaned it up and I repainted it myself this summer (see my post "How to Repaint an older RV"). We just love its quality, sound insulation, diesel engine, etc., etc.. Of course a 20-year old RV with 190,000 miles needs some maintenance, but it's been well within reason. We are do-it-yourself fix-er-uppers on the coach section and keep a to-do list going, but then we need a few projects, right? We are so thankful to have upgraded to this level of quality and comfort throughout.
jeflyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat diesel, freightliner, holiday rambler, monaco