Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2014, 11:52 PM   #295

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Do you have any pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stajones View Post
We have a 98 Imperial and the slide support roller is attached to the chassis frame, thus allowing the slide to extend and retract "riding the rollers" above the "main floor" surface. This among other factors helped us make the decision to replace the carpet with a 1/2" Bamboo "click & lock floating floor". Don't know your particular slide support arrangement, but I suspect yours may be similar to ours.
I have a 96 holiday rambler endeavor I'd love to see you what a holiday rambler imperial look like a 96 -98.
if you have a picture could you post it?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2014, 10:02 AM   #296

Cruise Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC00267 View Post
I have a 1995 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE. Cummins/Oshkosh/Allison. Great Motorhome and just got it. 48k on the odo. My cruise control works sometimes and not others. I have no idea where to look for the controller nor what it would look like. I would love to hook up with someone that owns similar vehicle that might send me a pic of said controller and where it is. PLEASE HELP....

lc
I had the same problem with my 97 Endeavor LE. It turned out to have a faulty connection in the steering wheel assembly. I can't tell you exactly what the problem was as the shop performed the work.

Old 12-31-2014, 05:06 PM   #297

new owners of a hr Neptune 2007
going on our first longer trip to florida from Ontario next month
we hope we still love it when we get home (lol)
Old 01-08-2015, 10:03 AM   #298

I have a 1998 Vacationer with the 460, what kind of speed did you average to get that mileage? Thanks for the info. Going to head out west this summer from FL
Old 01-08-2015, 12:29 PM   #299

I got 7 MPG with the 460 ford at 65 MPH. I get 9.5 MPG at 65 with the Cummins.
captw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:09 PM   #300
UAV

Just bought a 2002 HR Navigator on January 1st after looking for a quality, higher end pre-owned unit. Took 18 months but well worth the wait! Quality coach to be sure.

Getting ready to swap out the brass knobs, etc. as well as replace all the bulbs with LEDs.

So stoked!
Old 01-09-2015, 07:26 PM   #301

Monaco Owners Club
Please let use know how much that cost to change to LED, Thinking about doing it on our 2002 Vacationer
bobf46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:05 PM   #302

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobf46 View Post
Please let use know how much that cost to change to LED, Thinking about doing it on our 2002 Vacationer
We just finished the conversion on the interior of our 02 HR Neptune. There were 26 separate bulbs to exchange at about 7 bucks each. I cannot find a link to the specific ones we used, but the link is for ones that are similar, tho twice the price of ours.

Rigid 5mm LED Dome Light

I will find the source we used off of DW's computer and post back. We are 100% satisfied with the swap. And the amount of power used per lumen!
Old 01-09-2015, 10:34 PM   #303

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC00267 View Post
I have a 1995 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE. Cummins/Oshkosh/Allison. Great Motorhome and just got it. 48k on the odo. My cruise control works sometimes and not others. I have no idea where to look for the controller nor what it would look like. I would love to hook up with someone that owns similar vehicle that might send me a pic of said controller and where it is. PLEASE HELP....

lc
LC,
I have a 1996 LE HR Endeavor and the cruise control module sits in a tin box on the inboard side of the engine compartment. At the foot of the bed (after lifting the bed and sub-panel) look straight down on the left-ish side. If your box is the same as mine it should be a tin box mounted to the wall directly below you. Another way to find it is to trace the cable back from the throttle linkage to the box.

I forget the name of the CC on mine but I suspect it is the same as yours. Mine is acting up too and I called the tech support. They are still answering the phone, there's like one guy that handles all the tech support. He was cool and gave me troubleshooting steps to isolate my problem. I never fixed mine, I don't use it that much anyhow. If I get a chance I will take a pic of the location, it might be a few days though. Refer to your manuals if you have them for the make/model. Mine sticks, i.e. when you hit the brake or toggle it off it doesn't release the throttle. BAD thing that. Anywho, he said a new board was around a $1,000 if I remember correct, which is another reason I haven't fixed it.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:05 AM   #304

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ok, here is a question for all you fellow HR owners out there! I have a new to me 1996 HR Vacationer 32' on a P30/32 chassis, 454 fi. 4 speed auto/w/od. I have looked to see what other ones my year are selling for, and I have never seen another 1996? lots of 95 and older, and 97 and newer?? But no other 96's. None? Mine is the newer body style, same as the 97 and up? Is it because of the manufacture HR selling to Monaco and they just did not make many that year? Or maybe all the 96's are being enjoyed and not sold? Just curious? Rail!
Old 01-10-2015, 05:16 AM   #305

Mid Atlantic Campers
Would be interested for my 04 Vacationer
Thanks
cnocmmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:18 AM   #306

To find a good representation of what your rig would or does sell for you need to look at and compare prices using Craigslist, NADA and the various online forums and Facebook groups.

Search on a National level...not just in your area.

Also, the fair market value seems to shift (downward) at the 10 year mark as most lending institutions will no longer finance the purchase for units older than that. There are exceptions of course, but for the mainstream anything older than 10 years old is out of the question.

When we purchased our '04, the owner was motivated to sell (on consignment through a dealer) and we were first to see it. In comparing prices nationally, it was just below the average selling price.

Since then we have met others with rigs in the same age bracket who paid far more and a few who paid a bit less. What is frustrating to those who paid more isn't just the price difference but the condition of the rig they purchased...worse than those who got theirs for a better price.

All in all we are VERY satisfied with our decision and purchase. Even after factoring the cost of the new tires we put on one year after purchase and the replacement of the rear axle trailing arms...the cost of our rig is still within fair market value of those we saw advertised at the time.

Something of note, having seen the 2014/15 HR Ambassadors we feel we have a much better built product. The new ones are nice and the floorplans are well thought out but the brand is not the premier quality product line it once was...its now seems to be an entry level product. I'm not sure where Monaco is going, rumors have them still on very shaky footing in the industry, but time will tell.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:17 PM   #307

Monaco Owners Club
We have a 02 40 foot HR Endeavor DP for almost a year now. We are working on getting out some of the kinks, nothing major. It has close to 90,000 miles on it. We love it!
Old 01-11-2015, 09:25 PM   #308

Monaco Owners Club
When we purchased our 02 Endeavor it already came with hardwood floors. But I'm sure it originally came with carpet. So to answer your question yes it can be changed.

Tags
cat diesel, freightliner, holiday rambler, monaco