Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2016, 07:01 PM   #407

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosnandy View Post
Any body know how to turn the water on for the icemaker?
Mine is behind the cabinet that holds the pots and pans. Between the sink and the ice maker itself. Water hose runs to the ice maker.
glennj3cub is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2016, 11:21 PM   #408

Vintage RV Owners Club
anyone have any info on a 1988 HR about the air valves on the front bumper? I thought it was a place to mount a license plate but I notice it was air valves

I suppose it is for front air bags? If so what PSI should it be?
GlockGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:04 AM   #409

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
E40D transmission trouble

My '97 HR Endeavor Gas started leaking transmission fluid on a recent trip. It doesn't gush out - just drips. I've had to put several quarts in to replace lost fluid.

I spoke with a transmission service company and they said that's pretty common for the Ford E40D transmission. They said it will need to be rebuilt and quoted a 'guess-timate' of $3500.

Just checking to see if other HR owners with a Ford chassis have seen this problem and if the $3500 seems reasonable.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:58 AM   #410

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockGeek View Post
anyone have any info on a 1988 HR about the air valves on the front bumper? I thought it was a place to mount a license plate but I notice it was air valves

You can go to the Air Lift or Firestone websites to look that info up. Be careful when you inflate. It only takes a little shot of air. They are small.
wajell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 04:59 PM   #411

I had to jump in here, even though these are older posts. I am super exited to say I just got a 2003 Holiday Rambler, Traveler RB2. It is just perfect for me! Has the Majic Bed and tons of room when that thing is stuck to the ceiling! I really love it. At a little under 27' it lets me go places the bigger rigs won't. The beginning of my retirement! Yay!
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:01 PM   #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockGeek View Post

Hmmm, well mine has air bags, mounted inside the coil springs, and the PSI for those is between 40-90. I have them at about 60, but not sure if they are all the same.
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:27 PM   #413

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler owners.

Just got my 2003 Admiral 34SE. Week ago Saturday.
First 3 day outing was great. Just need to figure out the TV situation.
It has the old crank up wind guard antenna and a bank of switches. On top of the DVD playerThat doesn't seem to have any effect on the TV.. There must be a easier way.
41pu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:51 PM   #414

Monaco Owners Club
If the TVs are original you will need a converter box because the older TVs used an analog signal and now they are all digital. You can get one from Walmart or any electronic store. Good Luck
timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:06 PM   #415

Hi I just got my first HR, a 2002 Admiral 34.... so far so good. joined this group to get info and ideas...Thanks for having me
Trevose ,PA
Harry Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:01 PM   #416

Ford Super Duty Owner
How many holiday rambler

I bought the converter box as recommended?
Now I have a no signal on the screen.
Before the converter it was just static.
I thinking the wine guard has issues..
I know its amplified.were does it get its power and is it battery voltage?
41pu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 04:35 PM   #417

Monaco Owners Club
Maybe Harry Be could help as he just got Admrial. On my Imperial the booster was on the bank of switches you found. There should be a little light beside that button that tell when the booster is on. Also on that box make sure the antenna is turned on to the tv you are tying to watch. Another thing to check is on the tv menu that the input is set to external antenna.
timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:28 PM   #418

Put a deposit on a 1998 HR Imperial today. Hoping to have it home in a week or so. Needs some tlc in the cleaning department but overall a perfect fit for me and the family.
Looking for ideas for increasing the sleeping areas in the front portion of the coach. Has anyone added a larger couch on the opposite wall of the kitchen?
DAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:07 PM   #419

Forest River Owners Club
In our first HR

DW and I jumped into the RV world in Oct. 2010. We had an old, very old, Mallard Class A. It was very serviceable and did what we wanted it to, which was introduce us to RVing. We loved it!!

Fast forward to March 2015... DW found a 1995 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE, a 36' tag axle gasser. The price was in her budget, so we (she?) made the decision to buy. The price was very friendly, but we still had to get new tires (all 9!) and do some brake work, and it is definitely a step up from the old Mallard!! We've been told this was the last year that Harley Davidson built them, and their units were well-built.

It has a real bedroom!, not just the bed jammed into the back corner. And, it has a shower stall that I can fit into without having a shower curtain stick to me like Saran Wrap! It is soooo wonderful!

We put 2,000 miles or so on it last year, staying in Missouri. I've been learning the quirks of driving the HR. It sure does seem a lot longer than the old 26 foot we had!

We've really enjoyed it and cannot wait to go out again this year. We're taking a big adventure to Colorado later in the year.

So far, the Holiday Rambler has been great! It is a very nice unit!
mappleg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:53 PM   #420
SMB

Decided in March of 15 to take the plunge. 96 HR Endeavor with plenty of room for me to apply some TLC. Mechanically sound (26k miles and 310 hrs on gen) the most expensive thing I have had to replace was a gas furnace. Other things like fridge and microwave I converted to regular at drastic savings. All lights now LED, new patio awning and side window awnings at $500, Sunbella. Allure flooring all but slide, driver cockpit and bedroom. Painted interior, replaced dinette chairs and recovered jackknife. Replaced TV's w/flats. De-fogged 3 windows in Hudson FL., they do great work.
Back to original question: How many HR owners are there? A bunch, and more every day as people discover the savings in refitting older quality coaches.

Tags
cat diesel, freightliner, holiday rambler, monaco