Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2016, 11:55 AM   #435

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We bought this 2001 Holiday Ramble Scepter 40PDB a little over a month ago. The coach is an original California purchase and is super clean as it was always stored indoors. We haven't had a chance to move our gear into it yet but hopefully we can make the time soon. Planning the first shakedown trip n the next month or so. This our 5th RV but our first diesel pusher.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160621_172025.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	300.0 KB
ID:	134451   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160507_102501.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	134452  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2016, 03:41 PM   #436

Shop around. You might find a rebuilt unit with a warranty for a good price.

Old 08-05-2016, 12:01 PM   #437

Bought our 2016 Holiday Rambler Endevor in May. Have taken several short trips getting the bugs out and loving it so far!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	134981  
Old 08-06-2016, 02:37 PM   #438

Hi all, Dave here. I recently had my 1997 Endeavor LE WDS worked on for some roof issues. It has been without power for about 2 months and when I went to pick it up today, the generator repeadetly tried to start. I am low on fuel so it will not fire off and it keeps trying to start the generator. I disconnected the house batteries and it quit trying to start. It only does this with the engine running. A local rv dealer said it was trying to start to boost the house batteries but with not enough fuel, was unsuccessful. Any thoughts?? Thanks all..Dave in Charleston.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:35 PM   #439

Ford Super Duty Owner
I just bought a 1996 Holiday Rambler LE and decided to take it for a short trip to estimate gas mileage, handling, and see how it ran before headoing out on a 18 hour away ride. Sure glad i did becasue I also blew my radiator on a short 300 miles round trip test drive. I pushed it a little harder the last hour home and it overheated and the radiator started leaking at the seams. I made it home and now its in my driveway being taken apart. A day to removed the radiator and now that I got that far I am going to replace anything else that looks bad or old enough that it needs replacing. I already removed the water pump for replacement and going to also replace the belt tentioner and both belts, fan clutch, idler pulley, air filter, hoses, and thermostat.

Have you had any other problems with your coach? What did that radiator cost to replace?
Old 09-02-2016, 10:53 PM   #440

Ford Super Duty Owner
Do you still have her and what if any problems have you had since? I just purchased a 1996 Endeavor LE with 40K miles.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:14 AM   #441

We've been working on a 1988 Holiday Rambler for about a year. It cost $750 to have the radiator recored. I did all the same maintenance you did while the radiator was out. Plus fuel pump, shocks, springs, step motor & everything I spotted that might need changing. Still plenty more to do I'm sure. Our windshield wiper motor didn't work - my wife found a 1980 VW Rabbit motor in an old junk yard. The guy gave it to her for free as he said he'd had it over 10 years. The motor didn't fit but I was able to take the springs out, put them in my motor & it worked! Sometimes finding things is tough but it's a great feeling when something you do does work! Working on the inside now. Pretty soon we'll go on a short trip just to see how everything works or doesn't! Good luck with yours!
Old 09-04-2016, 06:23 PM   #442

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_elegance View Post
I just bought a 1996 Holiday Rambler LE and decided to take it for a short trip to estimate gas mileage, handling, and see how it ran before headoing out on a 18 hour away ride. Sure glad i did becasue I also blew my radiator on a short 300 miles round trip test drive. I pushed it a little harder the last hour home and it overheated and the radiator started leaking at the seams. I made it home and now its in my driveway being taken apart. A day to removed the radiator and now that I got that far I am going to replace anything else that looks bad or old enough that it needs replacing. I already removed the water pump for replacement and going to also replace the belt tentioner and both belts, fan clutch, idler pulley, air filter, hoses, and thermostat.

Have you had any other problems with your coach? What did that radiator cost to replace?
I have a 96 HR LE also. And I have replaced everything you mentioned in your post. Is yours a diesel?
If yes look under the engine for a hose that points straight down. This hose drips a tiny bit of oil or diesel and if the hose is more than about 6 inches above the road, the oil gets sucked up into the radiator. It plugs up the side of the radiator between the engine and radiator which you can't see unless you pull the radiator.

I've also had electrical gremlins. He shore power doesn't charge the starter batteries. Been through some expensive non- fixes.

On the road now in Nevada heading to Kingman Az.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:30 AM   #443

Any future wiper related problems, contact Kristin at Rome Truck Parts in Rome, GA. They had EVERYTHING I needed for my 1988 HR.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:11 AM   #444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droberts9747 View Post
I have a 96 HR LE also. And I have replaced everything you mentioned in your post. Is yours a diesel?
If yes look under the engine for a hose that points straight down. This hose drips a tiny bit of oil or diesel and if the hose is more than about 6 inches above the road, the oil gets sucked up into the radiator. It plugs up the side of the radiator between the engine and radiator which you can't see unless you pull the radiator.

I've also had electrical gremlins. He shore power doesn't charge the starter batteries. Been through some expensive non- fixes.

On the road now in Nevada heading to Kingman Az.
Hi, Dave here. I have a 97 Endeavor with the 275 Cat and I have noticed the same oily drip from a rubber tube. Knowing what little I do about diesels, I think this might be a crankcase vent and vents blowby down and away from the engine. How hard was the radiator to remove? Was there a lot of removing this and that go ever get to it? Thanks for any input...Dave.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:08 AM   #445

Newbie w 98 Endavor

Waiting to go full time as soon as the house gets rented. Changed out the fluids, put a wood floor in the bedroom, took out the old tv over the drives seat and made some oak doors to turn it into a nice storage compartment and installed a Tailgater and new HD tv across from the sofa. MH was well taken care of and just chomping at the bit to get on the road.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:13 PM   #446

I own a 2009 Holiday Rambler Scepter and I hate it. Something is always breaking. Looking to sell and purchase a NewMar.
Triplec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:56 PM   #447

Hi y'all just sold my home, and I am looking at 2000 HR Endeavor with 41000 miles on odometer, it needs new tires and all batteries but it really looks nice inside.. I am meeting with sellers tomorrow and if we can agree on price I am going to pull the trigger. Looking for some advice on 6v batteries ie. Cranking amps, etc. also needs coach batteries, Where can I get engine parts, belts, hoses, what kind of coolant should I use? Looking forward to go full timing thanks for your help.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:02 PM   #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplec View Post
I own a 2009 Holiday Rambler Scepter and I hate it. Something is always breaking. Looking to sell and purchase a NewMar.

You certainly sound frustrated from the tone of your post. I see that you have owned your coach for over 2 years but you've never reached out to the IRV2 community for advise or direction. Why don't you post some of your problems over on the Monaco forum. You may or may not have a better experience with a Newmar or any other coach.

Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat diesel, freightliner, holiday rambler, monaco