Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #99

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Purchased our 05 HR Vacationer(first MH) in 09. Retired for the 3rd and final time. Just love it. We have done a few mods, led tvs, windshield and wheel covers, cocpit fans, new screening for windows and entry door, small mesh...we discovered what no seeums are. We winter in Florida just outsided of Dade City, Travelers Rest Resort. Should have done this a long time ago. Stop in and say hello.

fillbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2013, 07:59 PM   #100

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Well! Here are, bought an 06 HR Admiral 30PDD on a F53 Ford. Have used it now for 1/2 year and 3000 miles. Seems to me after reading most of the above, we might not be a fit. Seems most folks have a pusher with a Freightliner chassis but for us big is not better. Hope we're welcome and who knows maybe we can be of assist some day. We are Joyce and Ray from Surrey BC and we're heading for the sun in a couple of weeks. Maybe we can hook up some where.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:31 PM   #101

How many HR owners

New to the forum, we just purchased a 2013 HR 36SBT. We think we are doing all this backwards, we started out with a used class C 25 years ago, then went to a travel trailer then a 5th wheel. We retired about a year ago and decided to go back to a MH after I had heart surgery and I had trouble doing the hitching and starting the generator (hand pull). So here we go on the grand adventure. The big class A - it's a whole new ballgame for us.

Tom & Paula Hunsicker
Golden Valley, AZ
We rescue miniature schnauzers
Old 02-23-2013, 11:50 PM   #102

Bought our first class A in January. A new to us 99 HR Endeavor 36 gasser. Previouly owned pop-up, TT, and fiver. We can't wait to take our Endeavor out on the road. Have learned a ton on this site from all you smart folks.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #103

Picking up our HR Neptune 2008

We will be picking up our "new to us" 2008 HR Neptune this Friday. Tomorrow we go to do a walk through. Any advise of things to look for on the MH? Are there any problems we should ask about? Any known problems with slides? We are super excited to get the new MH.

We currently have a 2000 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 1 slide, gas. We have had it for about 3 years.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlbrooks
We will be picking up our "new to us" 2008 HR Neptune this Friday. Tomorrow we go to do a walk through. Any advise of things to look for on the MH? Are there any problems we should ask about? Any known problems with slides? We are super excited to get the new MH.

We currently have a 2000 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 1 slide, gas. We have had it for about 3 years.
Here is the brochure:

http://www.holidayrambler.com/Static.../08Neptune.pdf

Here is a link to a long running thread concerning the trailing arms on the RR4R chassis. You should become familiar with this issue.

Trailing Arms Cracked on Roadmaster
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #105

Steve, Thank you so much for the information. We will be checking this out. The mileage on ours is 40,123.

We go through the orientation on Friday. Is there anything else that could be a major problem we need to ask about?

We really love the coach, just hope there isn't too much. I saw your pictures of the arms and my husband will be looking at these so he will know what to look for.

Thanks again
Old 02-28-2013, 06:22 AM   #106

Smile Just Bought one

We are the new owners of a 2002 HR Atlantis 28ft class C. It hasn't left the dealers lot, we are getting a few things taken care of and waiting for their go over and then we get our chance to give our last go over and head to Camping World to buy stuff. It's getting more and more like a boat every day. Camping World is the R/V version of West Marine.
To those that don't know we lived on a 33 ft sailboat for ten years and traveled the islands mon. I messed my knee up and decided it might be to rough on my in a fast response situation.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #107

Update to picking up our 2008 Neptune

Spoke to the dealer Pierce RV in Billings MT, we let them know about the potential problem, gave them all the material I had gotten from here. They called us back today, said the trailing arms weren't cracked but they have ordered the parts from Source and will be replacing them, at no cost to us! The owner said he will not let it go to us without it being fixed.

There was also a tear on one of the slide toppers and and they are going to fix this also. I just can't say enough good about Pierce RV, they are a wonderful group/dealership to do business with!

I feel blessed on this and want to thank everyone for all the information I was able to get from here.

Thanks again, Rob and Tammy
Old 03-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlbrooks
Spoke to the dealer Pierce RV in Billings MT, we let them know about the potential problem, gave them all the material I had gotten from here. They called us back today, said the trailing arms weren't cracked but they have ordered the parts from Source and will be replacing them, at no cost to us! The owner said he will not let it go to us without it being fixed.

There was also a tear on one of the slide toppers and and they are going to fix this also. I just can't say enough good about Pierce RV, they are a wonderful group/dealership to do business with!

I feel blessed on this and want to thank everyone for all the information I was able to get from here.

Thanks again, Rob and Tammy
That's great news and I'm glad to hear the dealer did not try to down play the issue. The Source Engineering trailing arms will take care of the safety issue. Since they are doing this you might check with them to see how much they would charge to put on the Source Engineering " ride enhancement kit" at the same time. It should save some labor and all the owners who have installed the kit are very happy with the ride improvement. I'm not trying to spend your money but if you are interested, now would be the time.
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #109

Update to picking up our 2008 Neptune/Steve

I will certainly bring it up to my husband. We are thrilled with the response from Pierce. What I felt might turn into a nightmare is now a huge relief!

I also can't thank everyone here enough! I hate to think what could have happened if.........

Tammy
Old 03-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #110

We have a 2002 Vacationeer 36 DBD that we love. Best gasser we have ever owned. Any issues with it I caused so I can't complain at all!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #111

Just pulled in with a new to me 1977 HR Imperial 532. This makes me the third owner of this trailer and for its 35 years it is in nice condition. Lots of little things to bring it up to what I desire.
Now I need to find where I can get body parts like the plastic covers that go over the tires and if anyone makes replacement for the lower corner plastic covers.
Water heater needs replacement, is there a good on-demand heater that would fit into the original heater space?
After the sun rises in the morning I am sure there will be additional questions.
Thanks...
Old 04-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #112
jdp

Rick's 1977 HR

Rick.
These older HR travel trailers and 5th wheels .. early 90's and back are getting harder to find. They are what I had in mind with my post last year. I think they are some of the best quality and value. I am hoping that owners who are trying to refurbish or maintain these HR campers will share info here. Congratulations on your brand new used Holiday Rambler. Mine is a 92 32 5th wheel. It's our 3rd HR. The first was probably similar to yours and its still being used often by the next owner after me.
Dave

Tags
cat diesel, freightliner, holiday rambler, monaco