Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2019, 03:03 PM   #519

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
'95 Holiday Rambler Imperial

We have a 1995 HR Imperial purchased from the original owner in California 2 years ago with 35,000 miles on it. It has a 300 Cummings and have driven 6000 miles since with no issues what so ever. We did a vinyl wrap on it as it was pretty sun beaten from the California sun and it looks pretty respectful. It has all the options of the day and the large slide-out makes it a perfect fit for the 2 of us.
We love our coach and get plenty of comments when parked next to the newer rigs that can't figure out what the heck they are looking at.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tumbleweed.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	259105  
tbostrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2019, 06:01 PM   #520

We have a 2019 HR Navigator 38 F
Love it
garyclegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 08:31 PM   #521

The HR brand is a solid product

We're the 2nd owner of our 2007 Holiday Rambler 40SFT, with full-wall slide on drivers side, and 2 slides on curb side. The rig has served us well since purchasing it in 2016 from a broker in Charleston, SC. Bought it with 67,0000 miles on it and now has 97,000 miles on it. We have lots of higher-end options like stacked Slendide Washer and Splendide dryer, Fisher-Paykel dish washer, whole house vacuum, electric Techma toilet with Sani-con mascerator. Rig is a comfort to full-time in. Been cross-country in it twice replaced front A/C unit but all else is Ops Normal!!
Old 10-01-2019, 09:01 PM   #522

My wife and I have a 1973 Holiday Rambler Vacationer, I believe it is a model 200. It is a 20 footer, and a work in progress. But we have enjoyed it on a few outings.
Jaeger5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 11:35 AM   #523

Have been RVing since the mid 80's. Full timed for a bit over 9 yrs. Have had 8 different Class A motorhomes....3 gas, 5 diesel. Have had Winnebago, Coachman, Monaco, Rexhall and Bluebird brands. Have always bought used and have never had a motorhome I didn't like.

When we quit full timing we sold the motorhome but after a yr got to missing it so much we decided to buy one again.

We bought a 2000 HR Endeavor 38WDS at an auction. It had a salvage title and needed a little work but we got it at a very good price. We have since driven this a bit over 20,000 trouble free miles. First experience with the Cat diesel and Freightliner chassis. Pleasantly surprised with both. The Cat's performance and fuel economy is better then I was expecting. The ride and handling of the freightliner chassis is better then I was expecting.

The HR Endeavor is a well built, basic motorhome and I'd recommend it anyone wanting to move up to a DP.
grldst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:47 PM   #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbostrom View Post
We have a 1995 HR Imperial purchased from the original owner in California 2 years ago with 35,000 miles on it. It has a 300 Cummings and have driven 6000 miles since with no issues what so ever. We did a vinyl wrap on it as it was pretty sun beaten from the California sun and it looks pretty respectful. It has all the options of the day and the large slide-out makes it a perfect fit for the 2 of us.
We love our coach and get plenty of comments when parked next to the newer rigs that can't figure out what the heck they are looking at.
It looks amazing! I'd love to see more photos of what you've done to it. I've got a 1999 HR Vacationer. The paint is in okay condition but it looks pretty dated and I've considered a wrap. Who did the wrap for you? What have you done to the interior?
Gigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:01 PM   #525

I picked up this 1999 HR Vacationer in June, my first RV. My family never owned and RV but I did tour with rock bands in the 80's and 90's and lived in lots of custom Eagle tour buses. It might be a tad quieter and mellower this time around.

I had some minor leak damage to deal with but am fortunate that the HR has an aluminum frame so I'm just removing a couple of pieces of composite board and don't have rotten wooden studs to deal with. 21,000 miles on the Triton V10 and she runs well. It's the 31CG model with no slides. I've removed the mauve carpet and will put vinyl plank flooring in. Ditched the flexsteel sofa and the dinette and am replacing with a dual recliner from shop4seats on one side with a desk on the other.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:58 AM   #526

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigtime View Post
It looks amazing! I'd love to see more photos of what you've done to it. I've got a 1999 HR Vacationer. The paint is in okay condition but it looks pretty dated and I've considered a wrap. Who did the wrap for you? What have you done to the interior?

Hi Gigtime,
The vinyl wrap was done up here in Canada, but I'm sure any vinyl wrap company can do it especially the guys that wrap large trucks and buses. It's very economical compared to a full body paint and if done right will last many years.
I'll try and dig out some interior photos but here's a short list of what we have done to the interior:
- replaced all flooring thru out with vinyl plank (carpet in the bedroom) which looks amazing and is tough as nails
- new window blinds
- new light fixtures (except fluorescent ceiling fixtures)
- recovered the jack knife sofa
- replaced much of the oak trims at the dash with corian
- replaced the oak tabletops with corian solid surface to match the existing countertops
- replaced all brass hardware with brushed nickel
- installed LED lights to all interior light fixtures and also headlights
- replace all TV's with flat screen
- entry well steps replaced with corian with rubber insets and recessed LED strip lighting
That's it for the most part and I will try and post some interior pic's if I can figure out how to do it......all new to this stuff.
BTW, your coach looks very nice as well.
Cheers, Ted.
tbostrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:13 AM   #527

New to RVing here. We bought a 2004 HR Admiral SE 30" back in August. We're pretty happy with our purchase but have two issues with it currently that we are trying to resolve. First issues is that the window on the entry door is about to fall out. Not the whole window, just the glass. There appears to be some sort of rubber trim missing from the outside of the window. the other issue is the black water tank valve just broke this weekend. I pulled on the handle to dump and the cable came out from the valve. In researching online, it appears that maybe the metal cable didn't actually break but just came detached from where it joins the valve. Looks like a set screw holds it in place. Hoping for a simple fix on that.
jim63b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:55 PM   #528

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbostrom View Post
Hi Gigtime,
I'll try and dig out some interior photos but here's a short list of what we have done to the interior:
- replaced all flooring thru out with vinyl plank (carpet in the bedroom) which looks amazing and is tough as nails
- new window blinds
- new light fixtures (except fluorescent ceiling fixtures)
- recovered the jack knife sofa
- replaced much of the oak trims at the dash with corian
- replaced the oak tabletops with corian solid surface to match the existing countertops
- replaced all brass hardware with brushed nickel
- installed LED lights to all interior light fixtures and also headlights
- replace all TV's with flat screen
- entry well steps replaced with corian with rubber insets and recessed LED strip lighting
That's it for the most part and I will try and post some interior pic's if I can figure out how to do it......all new to this stuff.
BTW, your coach looks very nice as well.
Cheers, Ted.
Thanks! I've got a lot of the same mods on my list but I'm going with vinyl plank throughout. When I got the coach, the PO had installed vinyl plank over the vinyl sheet that covered the kitchen/bath area and it looks pretty good. I've ripped the carpet out except for the cab area because I need to remove the captain's chairs. I'd definitely like to see some interior pics when you have them.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:58 AM   #529

HR Front TV Mod

I don't know about other model years, but the front TV cabinet in our 04 Scepter seemed to always bump people in the head (it was the cabinet's fault) when they were entering the coach. The bottom of the TV cabinet was several inches lower than the adjacent cabinets. I finally decided to fix this by trimming the cabinet. I attached "before" and "after" pictures to this message. The first photo is rotated 90 degrees left. Not sure why the web site did this, as it was oriented correctly when I uploaded it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TV Cab Original.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	264098   Click image for larger version

Name:	TV Cabinet After Cut.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	306.3 KB
ID:	264099  

Name:	Front TV in Place.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	264100  
Old 11-15-2019, 01:11 PM   #530

Thor Owners Club
Jim, saw your post and you're right about the set-screws. Difficult to get to. I had a similar incident abt a year ago, except at the handle end and couldn't close the black tank valve. The grey valve was getting hard to operate as well. After replacing the cable assy, careful with routing bends, they were still difficult. Someone somewhere said to try vegetable oil in the empty tank and it made a huge difference. Took abt 2 1/2 qts of the great stuff at wallyworld and now they don't seem to drag.
garyschuetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:36 AM   #531

I’m looking to replace the carpet with vinyl wood plank flooring in my 2006 Neptune. Has anyone done this and what tips can you give me.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:37 AM   #532

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgscars View Post
I’m looking to replace the carpet with vinyl wood plank flooring in my 2006 Neptune. Has anyone done this and what tips can you give me.
We're doing it on my 99 Vacationer right now. The biggest challenge we faced, so far, is replacing damaged sub-floor from hidden leak damage. Hopefully you won't run into that but, if you do, you can cut out the rotten OSB wood and replace each damaged section with treated plywood. Other than that, it's pretty straightforward for us because I don't have slides. Slides can be an issue when the slide rubs against the new floor and scratches it. Tons of videos on YouTube about how to deal with that.

I'd also recommend joining Ernie Ekberg's group on Facebook. Ernie prefers to avoid the cheaper stuff but you can still learn a lot by looking at pictures, asking questions, and reading other posts all specific to RV flooring.

Tags
cat diesel, freightliner, holiday rambler, monaco