Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
How much sewer hose???

I need to purchase some new sewer hose and I was looking at the Rhinoflex brand...(I would love the Polychute but a little pricey, as a 16 foot system is $150.00...). My question is, that the basic Rhinoflex package consists of a 15 footer section with all of the necessary connectors. To go any longer I would have to purchase an additional 5 foot section or another 15 foot package. Do you think that I will need just the 15, 20 (15 plus 5), or 30 (2 15's)? Previously I had a cheaper type of hose with less than secure connectors and had many different sizes, yet they were never that securely connected and since I must replace hoses now, I might as well go with a better brand.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

(snowing yet again...)

Faith and Bob, Bitsy the Papillon and Bosco the Chi-weenie....RIP Truffles
2005 Revolution LE - 2008 Honda CRV Toad
Northern Massachusetts and the rest of the Country.
fansill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have the Rinoflex 15ft and it works well for most situations. I would carry an extra 5 ft but it would take up too much room.

NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We have the 15 + 5. If, together, those aren't enough, we move the coach until it is.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Carry 30' and you will not cry because you came up short.
'94 Bounder 32h. Chevy V-8 44k miles and like new. Tow 4 down '85 Nissan 4x4 Kingcab
Retire in 1yr. 3mo. , but who's counting
mr300ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by mr300ce View Post
Carry 30' and you will not cry because you came up short.
Wayne & Roberta and Maggie the Miracle Dog
08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis
Making the Journey in our Destination

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:59 PM   #6
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar
I carry 30'. one that I use primarily is 20' and the 10' is connected to 20' when needed. I have needed both a couple of times each year.
2008 Jeep Sahara '4Dr"
Ronnie Bledsoe
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:57 PM   #7
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
We have the 15 + 5. If, together, those aren't enough, we move the coach until it is.

........Times two here as well.
David G.
USAF 1959-1963/ JFK Innaguration parade 1961,
1997 Fleetwood Southwind 37Y, 460 ENGINE on FORD chassis, Power Platform with Tag Axle.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:46 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I carried a 20' main and a 20' new backup for an extension or replacement.

I don't like a sewer hose stretched as tight as a banjo string.
Adios, Dirk - '84 Real Lite Truck Camper, '86 Wilderness Cimarron TT, previously 4 years as a fulltimer in a '07 DSDP

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, but millions of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:16 AM   #9
Except to add to another 10 foot length, cannot fathom why a 10 footer is even made. The drains on my 5er are way up front as, it appears, most other 5ers. The dumps - well they always seem to be in the back of any CG site.

The Rhinoflex is fine, but 15' is always just about 1 foot shorter then I usually need, even with the Slunky support. Lots of choices at CW, whether you purchase it there or elsewhere: Flexible Sewer Hoses, Sewer Hose Kits, RhinoFLEX, Ramble, Clean Dump, Camco, Blueline, Valterra - Camping World

As far as price, a sewer hose to me is a "consumable", not a status symbol so I tend to buy something better then the cheapie blue ones, but for sure not a heckuva lot more - even Wally World's "best" is usually good enough.
Dave W along with my DW, Susan and our poodlepups, Callie & Molly,2011 Ford F250 6.7 CCLB, 5er Hitch Option w/B&W Hitch,,Ride Rite air bags, 2014 Montana High Country 343RL (38')
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:29 AM   #10
Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought the camco revolution kit with twin 10 footers to replace my old twenty foot section. Most of the time I need just the 10 footer. Caps to close it are handy for the spare 10 foot section as I can compress it and put the end caps on and it stays in a neat small compressed package.
I also carry another 10 footer for those extremely long runs.
2011 Allegro 32CA \ 2013 CRV toad
Previous:2007 Winnebago Class C
99' Winnebago Adventurer /Towables
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:30 AM   #11
and to think we got by with just about 10 feet with our last rv.

fansill, the first thing we are going to get when we get into another coach is the Waste Master hose as I understand things from this site
betsy-tom (betsy-tom)'s Photos | SmugMug
there is a 2:1 or so ratio, so 8' of hose is about 16' when stretched this combined with the manner in which it gets attached and that nozzel with the shut off, to us, make it a no brainer. And having it always attached like these people has to be very, very convienent. It sounds as though dumping is a three minute ordeal, I like that very much.
rough road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #12
I use a Sewer Solution, so there is no stretch to the hose at all. I have three 10' sections of hose. I rarely use the third piece, but I'm glad I have it on those rare occasions when I need it. Sometimes I can't move the coach closer because the site is too far out of level, the slide will hit the utility pedestal, of our satellite dish can't see through the trees if I move.
2015 DRV Tradition 375KPS
2015 Chevy Duramax 3500HD LTZ Dually
Full-timers...Home is where we park it.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:07 PM   #13
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
This is a tough question, since it's a trade-off between money and convenience. My coach came with a Sanicon, and, while I hate it because it's so SLOWWWW, it let's me carry a single 15 foot stinky slinky for routine dump work and when I need more length, I can switch to the Sanicon - which has two sections of hose about 15' each, and it will even pump uphill! But that's an expensive solution if all you really want is to replace your sewer hose.

That said, I can only recall one case in the past three years where twenty feet didn't handle the chore, so I'd vote 15+5.
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Dan & Linda, 2008 Camelot PDQ, 2008 Jeep Wrangler
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #14
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a 2X10' set from my TT and the present MH came with another 2X10' set. So I now have 40' of sewer hose. My thought is allways better to have and not need than to need and have to make a quick trip to Walmart.

Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote