Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-23-2016, 10:02 PM   #15
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Originally Posted by Dan and Ann View Post
Camped for the first time at age 16 with my boyfriend Dan and his parents in an old converted Ford school bus. Loved camping and the boy! That boy and I married and bought our first Class A at the age of 55. Still have the Class A and the boy
See our signature line.
Dan and Ann....gotta give you props for young love that makes it all the way. 48 yrs for us come Oct. I was 19 and she was 16 and her daddy was a Marine WE started our marriage 1970, Ft Benning Ga in a 30 ft trailer. Three houses later, we have come full circle , back in a trailer on wheels.

Couldn't afford a tent when I was a kid, just blankets and spuds coated in mud and baked in the camp fire. I had a a Huck Fyn childhood on the Indiana side of the Ohio river. No regrets.

!st class a gasser 2003 and moved up to 2001 DP in Oct 2015

Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2016, 10:08 PM   #16
First camping trip with family at 5 months old.
Family camping all thru childhood.
Boy Scouts , weekends, summer camp, back packing trips and longer.
US Army. Camping maybe, but I would not consider it the same.
Backpacking and camping often times with buddies.
Backpacking once with future wife.
Backpacking several times with wife, dogs, young children to Adirondack shelter
Small Pop up from sale on side of road.
Some backpacking with kids as they got old enough.
Larger pop up with wife, dogs, kids. This one had a bathroom.
Class C 6 years ago
Class A 2 years ago

Karl I. Sagal KarlSagal@Gmail.com
Well done is better than well said. (Ben Franklin)
1988 Fleetwood Southwind, 34'
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:23 PM   #17
Pop up a friend had.
Back of a station wagon.
Conversion van rentals for car races.
Class A.

Loved 'em all!
2008 Itasca Meridian 37H & 2015 Flagstaff T12RBST
2011 & 2012 Len & Pat's "One lap of America"
27K miles & 41 states in 13 months - Woo Woo
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:09 AM   #18
Originally Posted by adamfolger View Post
Dan and Ann....gotta give you props for young love that makes it all the way. 48 yrs for us come Oct. I was 19 and she was 16 and her daddy was a Marine WE started our marriage 1970, Ft Benning Ga in a 30 ft trailer. Three houses later, we have come full circle , back in a trailer on wheels.

Couldn't afford a tent when I was a kid, just blankets and spuds coated in mud and baked in the camp fire. I had a a Huck Fyn childhood on the Indiana side of the Ohio river. No regrets.

!st class a gasser 2003 and moved up to 2001 DP in Oct 2015
Thank you! And congratulations to you too!
Dan and Ann and heinz 57 pups, Petey and Patty
2003 HR Endeavor PST
Dan and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:45 AM   #19
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In the 50's I was a sea scout and camped by the lake so we could go sailing on the weekends. Joined the Navy in 1960. Started tent camping in the Ozarks in the 70's and got a popup in the late 70.s (Didn't like it the only advantage was you didn't sleep on the ground) I next got a 19 1/2 ft. glastron glass A MH.(loved it) I sold that one and bought a house. I next bought a 27ft.cass A, sold it and bought another house. Getting ready to retire I bought a 32ft. class A and in 2006 the wife desided it was too small so we bought a 2005 36ft, Dolphin that we love dearly and will keep untill the wife wants somthing bigger.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:13 AM   #20
Newmar Owners Club
Lots of scouts! I was a scout too, loved camping back then. Dad borrowed a popup trailer once when I was a kid, and that was a great weekend too...until we got sick and had to pack up fast. As an adult I've tent camped at race tracks, and a good friend has a custom off-road trailer I've tagged along with.

Never owned my own RV. But I think I just agreed to purchase my first, and it's a class A, exactly what we've been looking for! My wife and I are both 47 and going to hit the road full time.
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:43 AM   #21
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have been camping since I was a kid. Mom and Dad took us every weekend to the lake during the summer. Started in a tent, went to a truck camper (Dad built), then they purchased a 1972 Lifetime Motor Home Class A.

Camping went to the back burner when I was a teenager,,,many other interests,,, Started again camping with the DW in a tent, went to a truck camper, purchased a class C. This was when the kids were young, too many other activities with the kids so we sold the Class C.

Several year later started camping again, starting with a tent, then a popup, three years ago we purchased a Class A or first.

During this time we have always owned a boat and still do. Boating and Camping rock.
1999 Bounder 34J, V-10, F53 chassis, Banks Power System, Safe T Plus Steering Control.
golfpgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:59 PM   #22
Ford Super Duty Owner
In 1968 my daughter was 11 months old. Bought a 13 ft Shasta TT. Tore my car up. A ford 289 and C4 transmission will not pull a travel trailer. Second time around I bought a popup in 1972. Loved the popup and camping. The gas crises hit in 1973. A fellow bought a new 1972 Open Road class A and decided to dump it in Ga in 1973. Saw it setting at a house trailer lot and talked to the lot owner. He gave me the banks name in San Diego, Ca. I called the bank and offered $6,000.00 for it. The bank almost cried, but said O.K. I was one of a very few 34 year olds with a Class A motorhome. We loved it. Traveled 50,000 miles and never spent a dime on it, except for tires and a thermocouple for the refrigerator. (4 bucks) As my signature says, Three popups, two travel trailers, and five motorhomes. Loved them all.
1998 Pace Arrow 35 ft. F53 Ford V10 2012 Honda Civic toad
15 year motorhome service manager. 3 popups....2 travel trailers....5 motorhomes....loved them all.
ga traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:16 PM   #23
Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Tents as a kid. Bought a pop up when my kids were little and camped for several years. Went back to tent camping from the boat a couple of times with the kids. Got rid of that wife and found my true love at 40.

We bought our first class A last year, a gasser. Just traded her in on our dream coach this month, an American Tradition. I'm 49, my wife is 46.
2015 American Coach Tradition 42G
2013 Ford Explorer or 2009 Scion xB TOAD.
Blue Ox equipment.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:37 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
13 or 14 years ago we bought a jeep and started off roading. We would be with groups, most of who RV camped together and we would be 20 miles away in a hotel. Missing out on many of the off trail activities and friendship.

Our idea of roughing it is a Hotel without room service. (-: And we needed to be able to tow the Jeep. So a class A RV fit the requirements.

First a 28' 1995 Safari Trek, then a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow, and now the 40' 2011 Tiffin Phaeton as we move to retirement.

We grew from enjoying RV/off-roading to now include just RVing outings.
Vince and Susan
2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH (Cummins ISC/Freightliner)
Flat towing a modified 2005 Jeep (Rubicon Wrangler)
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:46 PM   #25
Winnebago Owners Club
at 32 years of age, my brother & I joint owned an a 1978 Itasca 27 (2 years old).

We have owned an RV , all kinds of C's & A's , maybe 15 or so since then. We would buy, fix & sell , while we used them.

Today, we own our 1st TT, a 2016 Cruiser that we pull with a 2016 GMC. We have enjoyed them all..endless adventures.
Stuart, Fl
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:48 PM   #26
Camped as a kid in tents and a few times in pop up trailers rented from the Marine base. Slept in the back of a Ford Fairlane station wagon a few time too.

First rig for me at age 25, was a used Minnie Winnie class C. Used if for a couple of years them sold and went for a pop up truck camper. Enjoyed having it but wanted a new one with AC. Got the Sunlite truck camper but ended up having problems with it. Traded it for a brand new 1994 Bayport, 23 foot class A for $29,999 +ttl. Had great service out of that thing but a tornado came through and dropped a tree on it in December 01. Bought the Sunova shortly after in 02 and are enjoying it now.
03 Itasca Sunova, 8.1 Workhorse
Mudfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:45 AM   #27
Husband and I are 36 and 37. First time camping for me was in 2012 with our good friends in their 2006 Providence. It was their family of 4 and our family of 4. They hooked us into buying a jeep wrangler for rock crawling, which started the camping trips. Biggest mistake was saying I would never own an RV. Too expensive and too much work! LoL. 2 years of sharing their RV we sold our cabin, and bought our 08 Providence 40x in 2014. Love it more than anything! Best decision ever
Fourdiazs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:36 AM   #28
Parents bought new 1966 be camper....very tight quarters for 4 people......best part was seeing the country side from the passenger seat....my mother could not read a map!!!! Ken

kenautoone is offline   Reply With Quote