Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2019, 10:10 AM   #1

How screwed am I

I bought my new coach last Saturday opened it up when I got it home no problem close the back up put it in storage no problem pulled it out of storage yesterday and this is what I found on the floor the vinyl floor had torn where the slide touches the floor How hard do you think it’s going to be to repair that
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0768CDA1-B404-4637-8DE0-94CF93E23C07.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	256513  
Daverene is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2019, 10:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverene View Post
I bought my new coach last Saturday opened it up when I got it home no problem close the back up put it in storage no problem pulled it out of storage yesterday and this is what I found on the floor the vinyl floor had torn where the slide touches the floor How hard do you think it’s going to be to repair that
New coach? Warranty issue. Possibly will require adjustment of the slide as well as replacement of all or part of the vinyl floor. Could be from something protruding from the bottom of the slide, like a screw head or screw tip, but certainly something that needs repair.

Again, on a new coach, this will be covered by the warranty. Unless it is only "new" to you.

Edit: I posted before you added the picture. After seeing the damage, it looks much like something protruding from under the slide "hooked" onto the floor (where the triangle shaped, bunched up section is) pulled back and eventually caused a tear across the floor.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 10:19 AM   #3

Call your dealer.
Soon
See what he tells you.
Your dealer is the only one that is or will be authorized to fix it under warranty.
If you have one ???

Good luck.
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 10:24 AM   #4

The coach is a 2019 Entegra emblem
Old 08-11-2019, 11:20 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I would think you're under warranty. Contact the dealer.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverene View Post
The coach is a 2019 Entegra emblem
Don't get discouraged. Stuff happens. I know how you feel as I have bought new things and had something go wrong right out of the gate. Don't take the repair on yourself. This should be an obvious warranty repair with the mfg. bearing the cost. Your dealer is just a 'go between'.
Lynn
Old 08-11-2019, 05:18 PM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
Don't get discouraged. Stuff happens. I know how you feel as I have bought new things and had something go wrong right out of the gate. Don't take the repair on yourself. This should be an obvious warranty repair with the mfg. bearing the cost. Your dealer is just a 'go between'.
Lynn

What he said. Almost all RV's, regardless of price point, have "growing pains" - issues that the first owner has to deal with. They are COMPLETELY FRUSTRATING and also to be expected. Unfortunately they are not Hondas or Toyotas or (name your brand) with high production volume and therefore we deal with quality issues.

There are probably a hundred threads with similar new rig defects. I joke that our new trailer was made out of Monday mornings, hangovers, and coffee breaks.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:11 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
It looks like the leg of the sofa, or whatever that is on the left, caught it. Entegra is a quality company and will repair it. Unfortunately, the entire floor will need to be replaced and may require a visit to the factory for repair.

Name:   0768CDA1-B404-4637-8DE0-94CF93E23C07.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  23.4 KB
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
It looks like the leg of the sofa, or whatever that is on the left, caught it. Entegra is a quality company and will repair it. Unfortunately, the entire floor will need to be replaced and may require a visit to the factory for repair.

Attachment 256601
I have no doubt this is a factory defect. If the MH has to back to Entegra who will be responsible for the costs involved in getting the MH there and back to the owner? If the owner has to stay near the factory who will pay for the expenses incurred for the stay?
I am of course assuming the OP doesn't live next to the Entegra factory.
Lynn
Old 08-12-2019, 05:34 AM   #10
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Definitely looks like something came loose under the slide and should be a warranty issue. In the future always remember to sweep up the floor before moving the slides. Campsite gravel and screws that mysteriously fall out of things are your worst enemy. I'm not saying that's what happened here but it is important to make it part of your routine.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:47 PM   #11

Dropped off at dealer we will see how it goes
Old 08-19-2019, 10:34 AM   #12

Had the same issue with ours when new. Turned out to be an over length mounting bolt on the generator directly below the living area slide. (installer used the wrong length bolt).

Dealer contacted manufacturer and it was repaired under warranty. Took a while, but they made it right.

2013 Ford CMax hybrid toad.
av8tor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:45 PM   #13

Check the Entegra owners forum...seems I saw some others posting about the very same problem on that model coach...
Rmedad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr