Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2016, 07:04 PM   #1

How to manually retract HWH 325 series jacks?

My left rear jack can be problematic in that sometimes I will get a jacks down message. I have cleaned and lubricated the pistons and checked reservoir level. Sometimes it retracts as the rest and other times it is lazy. I suspect that I will be pulling it and having it serviced at end of season. In the meanwhile, I am carrying a 2x4 and today after getting the alarm, I tried following the instructions for manually retracting and it would not budge. The picture of the valve releases in the owners manual is different than the actual unit. My inner solenoids are smaller than the outer units and have the nuts described that need to be backed out. The outer solenoids are larger and have T handles. Backing all out still does not release the jacks.
Thoughts or advice? Tim
Attached Images

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2016, 09:52 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Do you get the jack down light when traveling?

If so press the store button and leave it on while traveling.

My jack warning light and buzzer came on while I was driving. I have straight-acting jacks. What could be wrong?
Fluid expansion due to heat can extend a jack slightly while driving. Lever-controlled systems should have the levelers kept in the retract position while driving. Most touch panel type systems will automatically turn off after being put in the “STORE” mode. This should not be interrupted. Do not push the off button or turn the ignition key. If a jack is not fully retracted, that jack may extend far enough to turn a warning light/buzzer on. The following links contain jack retraction information and how the warning switches work. The new 725 system works much like the 625 system on this information page. The warning switch information is about the same for all systems. The only difference is on some systems, the jack will only extend about one half inch instead of one inch to turn a warning light on.
Jack retraction information: ml30817.pdf

Here is the memo that says to drive with the store light on

http://hwhcorp.com/ml30817.pdf
Old 08-08-2016, 07:30 AM   #3

Thanks for the info. The information provided is exactly the procedure I have always used. My bigger issue seems to be that I cannot pry the jack up if needed. I will try reaching out to HWH however last time I did that, they took 3 days to return my phone call. Hoping that this forum is a better resource.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:34 AM   #4

Contact

Call AZ Pete at 602-549-3638. He is VERY knowlegeable on these HWH systems.
vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:38 AM   #5
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapor3000 View Post
Call AZ Pete at 602-549-3638. He is VERY knowlegeable on these HWH systems.

I second that. Has been very helpful in the past.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:30 PM   #6

thanks for the info

Will reach out tomorrow
Old 08-08-2016, 05:45 PM   #7

Seems to be working OK now

Decided to clean all rams again and lube with wd40. Jacks are working fine and retracting very quick. Also found out what I was doing wrong to manually retract jacks. My system has two large solenoids that had T handles instead of nuts. I was backing out until I felt resistance and then stopped. Turned out that was spring pressure and I had to go another 1 1/2 turns further. Once I did that jacks came right up on their own. Will see how the rest of season goes. Thanks for all of the input.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:33 PM   #8

New Springs

Decided to install new springs. Drivers side rear jack is still lazy at times even after clean and lube. Even manually opened solenoid and had to pry up. Have to assume it is jack and will pull at end of season for return to HWH for rehab.

Tags
hwh, jacks, manual