Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2018, 12:10 PM   #1

How to replace bedroom light bulbs?

The light bulb sticks out just a little from the base so you can't grab it.
I took the base off & was hoping the bulb would fall out but it didn't
n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2018, 01:26 PM   #2

Can you take a pic and post it?
steve52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 04:52 PM   #3

When I changed all our our OEM bulbs to LED's, I ran into a couple that were really hard to grab, twist and remove to see what I was dealing with, so I could order LED replacements. I ended up putting on a rubber surgical type glove that gave me a better grip.

I keep a box of these disposal gloves in my wet bay to use when I'm hooking and unhooking my sewer hoses.

Home Depot, box of a 100.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/GlovePlu...00BX/302326311
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:55 PM   #4

A little more information about your motorhome would be helpful. There are several different styles of fixtures used. Our 2013 Adventurer uses G-4 pin style bulbs. Others use single or double contact round base twist & turn bulbs, and still others have fixtures where the bulb is permanent. With the latter design the entire fixture has to be replaced.
Old 12-27-2018, 02:00 PM   #5

Just doing an inventory on interior bulbs for LED replacement in my 2000 Dynasty as we speak. No fewer than four different types requiring four removal methods - and haven’t even been in the closets yet...
RiverBurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBurt View Post
Just doing an inventory on interior bulbs for LED replacement in my 2000 Dynasty as we speak. No fewer than four different types requiring four removal methods - and haven’t even been in the closets yet...
Yep, I know what you mean. We had 5 different kinds of bulbs, 74 bulbs total and the only one I could NOT find a LED replacement for was the light under the hood above the gas burners, right under the convection/microwave. I'm good with that.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:12 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
Yep, I know what you mean. We had 5 different kinds of bulbs, 74 bulbs total and the only one I could NOT find a LED replacement for was the light under the hood above the gas burners, right under the convection/microwave. I'm good with that.
The bulb under the convection/microwave is usually a 120v bulb.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkesselus View Post
The bulb under the convection/microwave is usually a 120v bulb.
An LED bulb is not made to replace that style either. I've been searching for them since 2013 to no avail. I suspect it's because most are directly over the LP cooktop, and the heat would affect an LED.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 05:01 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
An LED bulb is not made to replace that style either. I've been searching for them since 2013 to no avail. I suspect it's because most are directly over the LP cooktop, and the heat would affect an LED.
I have 110 volt appliance/microwave led bulbs under my microwave, found them at Wal-mart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/2-pack-Li...-110/270489548
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 05:13 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm looking my upgrading my DP lights to LED. I have 6 different lights so far. One type has to be bulb replacements but my brother changed out his to led using the strips which costs so much less and was fairly easy to do. Thinking I will do the same.

You may want to consider to - Richard
Old 12-28-2018, 10:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gramps- View Post
I have 110 volt appliance/microwave led bulbs under my microwave, found them at Wal-mart.

Thanks for the tip and pointing me to them. We like to use these lights when watching TV, but the OEM bulbs get so hot they make the microwave floor hot after a several hours, and DW stores bread in there between MW uses.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 11:03 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I havw replaced all my 120 volt bulbs as well as most all of my 12 volt bulbs with LED' dont know where you have looked but LOWES, Home Depot, Our Local Grocery Chain has them so maybe you should look again.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:59 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
I got my replacements from M4 Products. You can get them in natural white or cool white.

M4 Products - Search Results for "T25-SIL-CW"
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 06:49 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gramps- View Post

Hey Gramps,
Thank you for that tip. Good find. It's on my list the next time I go Walmart.

Tags
ace, light, replace