Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2010, 09:46 PM   #1

HR Endeavor Electrical Problem

Having Elec. problem in 2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Diesel 38'. The a/c units work, the 12 volt lights work but none of the 120 volt receptables work. We checked the breakers and reset them all. The monitor panel in the front of the coast says we have 50 amp.
What now?
Electrical-Hol.Ramb.Endeavor

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2010, 09:56 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Welcome to the forum. Try locating your GFI's and reset them.

RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanor View Post
Having Elec. problem in 2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Diesel 38'. The a/c units work, the 12 volt lights work but none of the 120 volt receptables work. We checked the breakers and reset them all. The monitor panel in the front of the coast says we have 50 amp.
You need a voltage meter to test to see whether or not your transfer switch is working properly. Ruling that out, pull the trim panel off of the service and check to see if you have power at all the connections to the breakers. You may have an open L1 or L2. I'm only guessing right now but I would meter all those circuits.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:10 PM   #4

Thank you for this idea. We'll do that tomorrow a.m. First we'll check the breaker panel to see if it is getting power. Then I guess we'll check the transfer switch except we are not sure how to do that.
Nan
Old 09-13-2010, 10:11 PM   #5

We took out the GFI over the sink in the bath area and replace it with a regular receptacle, would that affect what is happening with no power to all of our receptacles?
Nan
Old 09-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
We took out the GFI over the sink in the bath area and replace it with a regular receptacle, would that affect what is happening with no power to all of our receptacles?
Nan
As long as you hooked both sets of wires (if you had two) back up to the receptacle it should be OK. GFI's have a pass-through, power goes through the GFI to other receptacles, possibly the ones that are not working.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:39 PM   #7

I had the same problem this weekend. I couldn't get any power out of one of my outlets when plugged into 50 amp service. Then I pushed the button on the GFI outlet that was the closest.. Guess what? I guess they were both connected. Took me by surprise. I thought the heater I was plugging in was broken because it didn't work in either outlet.... damned GFI.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:57 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Nan, in another thread you mention:
Quote:
Having similar problem. No power to any of my receptacles. If there is no power to the 30 amp breaker in the control panel for the inverter, would that prevent my receptacles from working?
A lot of time the inverter powers the outlets, so if there is no power to the breaker on the inverter there would be no power on the outlets. What kind of inverter do you have?

Stewart

Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote