Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2009, 06:59 AM   #1

HWH Jack problem

My friend has a 2004 Journey with subject jack system. He stored his coach with the jacks down all winter thus the air bags were deflated. When he retracted the jacks this spring, the bags would not inflate. The control pad has been cycled numerous times and the coach was put into gear with the brake released to look for any interlocks. It appears that the system has three air dump solenoids( two front and one rear ) that require 12V to dump. The air brakes do pump up to normal pressure. It seems unlikely that all three solenoids would fail open at the same time and if they did I would expect to hear air venting as the engine compressor attempted to inflate the bags. No sound of air venting is present. As the solenoids require 12V to open, the bags should inflate if the system is off as there should be no voltage to the valves.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Pete
PeteB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2009, 09:52 AM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Go to the HWH web site and download the manuals and trouble shooting guides for your system. That would give you a lot quicker and more accurate information than trouble shooting post by post.
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:55 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Call HWH tec support, they walked us thru 2 problems.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:03 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thumbs up

I'll second the suggestion of calling the HWH tech support.
My jacks were working fine but the warning buzzer and light stopped working. Frank, from tech support, actually returned my phone call in just a few minutes and spent all the time I needed to find an in-line fuse in the circuit that the installers at Winnebago had tucked away down on the firewall. Replaced it and all is fine now. Excellent Customer Support!!!!

Frank also e-mailed me the factory service manual for my jack system. A few days after my phone conversation I got an envelope in the mail from HWH and I could see in the window of the envelope a "bill to" printed by the address. My first thought was that they had sent me a bill for my phone call to HWH tech service and I was steamed....big time. But, when I opened the envelope, I was plesantly surprised to find a billing statement that only had a synopsis of our phone conversation and the resolution of my problem.

Now THAT is GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!

2004 Winnebago Brave 32v on W20 w/8.1L and Allison
Capt Joe is offline   Reply With Quote