Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #1

Hwh jack pump relay

I have the 310 hwh leveling jacks on my 2004 forest river motor home. Our jacks have been working fine but when we got home from camping this past weekend the jacks would not extend down. We heard a tapping sound and when I went under the camper found it was coming from the pump relay. I checked the fluid and that was fine, I checked the 40 amp fuse and that was fine. The pump relay makes a sound for maybe 2 seconds and then no sound. Does this mean I need a new pump relay to make the jacks work? Thanks in advance for any help you may have for me.
2412166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2412166 View Post
I have the 310 hwh leveling jacks on my 2004 forest river motor home. Our jacks have been working fine but when we got home from camping this past weekend the jacks would not extend down. We heard a tapping sound and when I went under the camper found it was coming from the pump relay. I checked the fluid and that was fine, I checked the 40 amp fuse and that was fine. The pump relay makes a sound for maybe 2 seconds and then no sound. Does this mean I need a new pump relay to make the jacks work? Thanks in advance for any help you may have for me.

there is a lot of info about the hwh jack system on this forum. use the search function on the top of this page to access this info.
i would check the motor ground first. on my system, the system is grounded through the large hose clamp that mounts the relays to the motor. i added a #10 wire.
if the relay itself is the problem, tapping on it with a hammer may get it going.
the relay on mine is an older ford type starter relay available at most auto parts stores.
if the problem is in the motor, tapping on the motor case with a hammer sometimes reseats the brushes in the motor to get it running.
you can call hwh @ 800-321-3494. ask for frank. they will probably put you on a callback list as frank is a very busy man.

Welcome to HWH Corporation
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH JACK REPAIR MANUAL.pdf (565.2 KB, 198 views)
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
Commercial Member

frank at hwh

frank is a good guy. very sharp. send him an email at service@hwh.com. the email get answered faster than callbacks. download a service manual, and do the diagnosis. all you need is a 12volt tester.
the relays on hwh systems can be ordered from hwh, or the master relay is like the ford relay, which is available at parts houses. it must have both a small 12v+ and a small ground stud. check the master relay + stud for 12v when the system is turned on. you should now have 12+ at both cable studs, as well at the one cable stud on the pump relay. then have someone push the touch panel button to operate the system. check the pump relay for power at the small + stud. if you have power there, you should also have power on both cable studs at this point. if you do, then check the stud at the back of the pump motor. just work down the line till you find where the power is lost.
part numbers are RAP0533 for the pump relay, and RAP7505 for the master relay. the new relays look different, but have the same mounting conditions, and connections.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:01 AM   #4

Thank you Dan L

After driving through three hour down pour we arrived in Naples where we stayed a month. When we were ready to leave the jacks would not retract. Called Newmar on a Saturday and they were very helpful on how to open the valves to let the jacks retract (t handle on the back of all four solenoid valves).

Travelled to Orlando and of course the pump wouldn't run to extend the jacks. After researching here I was able to determine that I did have 12v to the main relay post but not to the post going to the pump relay. Using Dans suggestion I tapped on the relay with a pliers and walla 12v on the post to the pump. Saved me a lot of money and hassle. Think I will order one to have just in case.
pmullet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh