Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2005, 06:10 PM   #1
PDB

The hydraulic system on my 2004 Vectra with HWH Model 325 jacks and slideouts system is dead. Dealer has been working on it for three days; they've had parts overnighted from HWH, but they have yet to get a jack to extend nor a slide to pop oit.
Does anyone have any ideas I can "suggest" to the service writer?
Thanks.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd
PDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2005, 06:10 PM   #2
PDB

The hydraulic system on my 2004 Vectra with HWH Model 325 jacks and slideouts system is dead. Dealer has been working on it for three days; they've had parts overnighted from HWH, but they have yet to get a jack to extend nor a slide to pop oit.
Does anyone have any ideas I can "suggest" to the service writer?
Thanks.

Old 02-11-2005, 02:53 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
A little more info is needed to be of much help. Does the pump motor run? What does the repair co. think it might be? What parts were ordered?
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 02:58 AM   #4

On my Brave, there are two fuses to contend with near the driver's seat. Flip up the dash, and the 15A Radio/Acc. fuse gives power to the HWH system. Additionally, there's an in-line fuse, I believe 10A, that powers the HWH touchpad. The inline blade fuse was tough to find; buried within a mass of wires coming up through the drivers floor (left corner) and headed to the dashboard. It was hidden within (or behind) the black plastic corrugated sleeve protecting the trunk of wires.
Don't know if your coach is wired anything like mine, but maybe this will help.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:28 AM   #5
PDB

Well, the dealer got on the phone with HWH techs, they decided it was the pump motor. That didn't make a lot of sense to me, since I could press a button on the jack panel and could hear a motor spin up.
So, after HWH shipped a motor, the dealer installed it and it made no difference.
They got on the horn with HWH and this time HWH says "pump & hoses" kit. BUT, the tech says he is not authorized to ship a "P&H" kit and the guy who IS authorized won't be back till Monday!

So, it is now Sunday, the dealer is supposed to call HWH again tomorrow and try to reach the "P&H" guy.
Just thought - is Monday President's Day? Will HWH even be open?
More to come.

Old 02-15-2005, 05:14 PM   #6
PDB

Well, Hallelulia! HWH shipped the parts out "overnite" on Monday! I brought the coach in at 0900 Tuesday morn - theey had recv'd the parts! I went back at 5:00 to pick it up - - - "Gee, sorry but we worked on some other customers coaches so we never had time to look at yours. Come back tomorrow and we'll try to get you in first".

Customer Service from the HWH Recommended Service Center.

Any bets on whether I buy an HWH product again?

Old 02-16-2005, 02:43 AM   #7

PDB, I think the frustration you're feeling is common among RV owners wanting to get their unit serviced. It's unfortunate, but unless you've got "inside contacts", it generally means you've got to settle for a repair getting done when they get around to it. It sounds like HWH was fairly attentive, but from your posts, it seems the dealer may not be troubleshooting or diagnosing very well.
At any rate, hang in there and keep us posted.
Hey, just what's in a "pump & hoses kit", if that's what you got? (I'm kinda surprised they're sending you hoses to replace on your new coach; -seems like the problem was electrical).
Old 02-19-2005, 03:36 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Don't blame HWH for the dealer's trubleshooting and bad customer service. I suspect that your problem is probably an electrical and is very simple once found.

Many of us (thousands)have HWH equipment with little to no problems.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:50 AM   #9

Hi. Our dealer in Hillsboro could not get our jacks HWH to detract quickly...one was 45+ minutes!! Finally, we left and when we got to Brenda AZ, we used Preston at RV Medic to check it out. Turns out that the "lid" of the thigamajig under the front step was not furnished with a breathing hole. Preston worked on it and it WORKS!!! Ref. failed 3 times and he fixed it. WS wipers same thing. We are lucky that we found a mobile rv repairer that is Camping World trained. Good luck.2004 Journey 36'