Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2006, 11:14 AM   #1

Hi,
Stummbled across this forum due to problem. Hope someone can help. Just on our way on vacation and we stopped at a friends. Went to put down my levelers and slide the slide and nothing happened. My husband checked it all out, he is an electrical contractor, and found we need a hydraulic pump motor. We can get it overnighted and he can put it in but it will take days. Wouldnt care if this wasnt our vacation. Does anyone know where I could get this part? The HWH is the 200 series, and we found out the motor is by Fenner. There is no comparison chart anywhere, of course, that I can find. Grainger sells fenner, and if I can get the right one, I can go right over to grainger tomorrow. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreicated.
Nadine
Nadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2006, 11:14 AM   #2

Hi,
Stummbled across this forum due to problem. Hope someone can help. Just on our way on vacation and we stopped at a friends. Went to put down my levelers and slide the slide and nothing happened. My husband checked it all out, he is an electrical contractor, and found we need a hydraulic pump motor. We can get it overnighted and he can put it in but it will take days. Wouldnt care if this wasnt our vacation. Does anyone know where I could get this part? The HWH is the 200 series, and we found out the motor is by Fenner. There is no comparison chart anywhere, of course, that I can find. Grainger sells fenner, and if I can get the right one, I can go right over to grainger tomorrow. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreicated.
Nadine
Old 09-24-2006, 11:46 AM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

Nadine, WELCOME to iRV2!!

Maybe you could contact the folks directly at HWH

I had troubles recently with my HWH jacks and it turned out to be the solenoid,which was readily available at a local NAPA store...

If you haven't contacted HWH I would highly recommend making that call as they're REAL HELPFUL when it comes to tech support.

ALSO....In your profile section you might consider adding your rig description in order that every time you post, the rig description shows in your post...
Even if you don't do that, you might at least give us an idea of what rig you have,since answers may tend to be "rig specific" in nature.

Again.....WELCOME to iRV2 and we look forward to hearing more from you in regard to this issue and your travels and experiences with your rig.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:54 AM   #4

Thanks for the input on my rig. Didnt even think of it, but I will definately put it in my profile.
As for HWH, we are planning on calling them tomorrow, however, the overnight will eat up a day, and if I could get the part here, I could gain a day. That is why I asked. Maybe if we are lucky, it will not be the motor, but my husband is usually right about those things.
Nadine
Old 09-24-2006, 05:29 PM   #5

I agree that your best bet is to contact HWH directly. They can likely give you a list of repair facilities in your area that my have the part available.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:35 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
I think you will find HWH will do everything possible to get you back up and running.

Example.
I had a false jack down alarm... My dealer is a 3 hour drive 1 way. So, I called HWH, they took all the necessary info and would have a tech call me. About 30 mins later I got a return call, we did some trouble shooting and it was determined that I needed a magnetic jack switch. They shipped it and billed me later. I got a couple of follow up calls and even got a follow up to check on my HWH experience.

In my case I installed the new switch, sent the original invoice and old part to Newamar on their dime (UPS). I received a check for my out of pocket expenses.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:42 AM   #7

Hi check the solenoid on the pump Had one go on My trailer slide years back ..Also it was the same one used in rider lawn mowers on the starters Cheep to get and a stock part at most small engine shops.Never know may be whats wrong..Good luck Bushman
Old 10-01-2006, 07:59 AM   #8

I believe the electric motor is made Fenner Stone. It can also be rebuilt by an auto electric shop.