Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2014, 02:24 AM   #1

HWH Leveling System

I have a 2003 Winnebago Journey DL with an HWH series 310 leveling system.
The jacks will not extent. The HWH web site recommends checking the pump fuse in the control box and the oil level in the system's reservoir. I cannot locate either the control box or the fluid reservoir. Any ideas where to look.
Flyman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2014, 07:59 AM   #2

Try behind the passenger headlight.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:19 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Check all fuses inside your coach first. My system had a similar problem. If you look at the electrical drawings you will be amazed to find how many systems on your coach are tied to the HWH system. My problem was a blown fuse on the radio.

Jerry
kstateaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyman22 View Post
I have a 2003 Winnebago Journey DL with an HWH series 310 leveling system.
The jacks will not extent. The HWH web site recommends checking the pump fuse in the control box and the oil level in the system's reservoir. I cannot locate either the control box or the fluid reservoir. Any ideas where to look.
Can you hear pump/motor noise when you turn the sytem on and try to extend the jack(s)? If you do, follow that motor noise and that's where the control box and the pump reservoir is located.
vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:09 AM   #5

My system is on the left side with the slide out out before the dump locker. It has a shield over it but you can see some tubes on the top. I agree ya need to have somebody push the buttons and see if ya get any action,power, at the system. Is the air dumping when you turn it on??
RayJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:43 AM   #6

When I bought my MH, they would not extend either. The pump motor would not run. The in-line fuse, located in the harness close to the pump/reservoir assembly, was good. The controller was found under the driver side dash, but it's fuses were good. The location of components in your MH may vary.

Anyhow, I read several threads on this forum about case-ground motors being used by HWH in this time period. Corrosion over time gets the best of them. You can buy a replacement pump motor on-line for about $115 and make up a cable for the ground post and attach it to the common ground stud for the HWH system.
Air Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #7

You've got some good advice so far, but I'll ask a question or two.
Is your park brake set, and park brake indicator lit up ?
Does the control pad light up when your trying to operate the levelers ?
The power cable from the pad to the control box is only 6' long; that will narrow your search area.
The fuse holder for the 40 amp pump fuse failed on my coach,( within 18" of the pump) fuse was still good but no power to the pump. You have to be checking fuses and wiring with a volt meter, visual is not good enough.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:40 PM   #8

Not sure about your pump, but my pump for my hydraulic slide has a 15 amp fuse on the supply wire near the pump. In my case the wire and fuse were on the 'other side' of the pump and I had to pull the wires upward enough to see the inline fuse holder.

HWH has trouble shooting manuals online. Try their website. Also call them but get the manuals anyway as they may take a day or two to get back to you.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:25 PM   #9

HWH Leveling Problem

Thanks to all who responded to my problem. I was able to find both the pump (between the front slide out and the waste water discharge) and the control box (inside the coach just to the left of the steering column). The pump fuse on the control box and the reservoir fluid level were both ok. I then went to the HWH Web site and followed their instructions for trouble shooting the problem. Based on that I have concluded that the pump relay is the culprit. I plan on calling HWH tomorrow to try and verify my conclusion and order the part.
Flyman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #10

Keep us updated on what happens.
Virago-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #11

Flyman, did you ever get your system running? What was the bad component, and what symptoms led you to it? Thanks.
Starsekr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, leveling