Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
HWH One jack will not extend

I have one jack that will not extend. The other three seem to work fine. Any ideas? I have not called HWH yet.

John Abbott
2004 Winniebago Journey

RRGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
I would first check the reservoir to be sure it is full. If the Jack is the last in line there may not be enough fluid left.

Larry B, Luckiest Dreamer
Luckiest Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
Thor Owners Club
I had the same problem about a year ago with my HWH jacks. My problem was in the control box (dont remeber the actual name). The box is a silver in color box that everything plugs into, this is NOT the touch panel. My control box was located under the dash on the drivers side of my coach. I had to pull it out and send it to HWH to be repaired and got it back within a week or two, and if i remember correctly it only cost me somewhere around $150. Hope this helps you. You can also google HWH and dig around and i found some website that explained step-by-step how to test the box to verify that it is bad before you send it in. Sorry i dont remember the site.
Salter4175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
Freightliner Owners Club
If you have not already done so, go to the HWH web site and download the trouble shooting guide and manuals for your system and start trouble shooting from there. I'm sure you've already rechecked all your electrical connections on the individual jack solenoids. A quick thing to do would be to switch connections with an adjacent jack solenoid and see if the problem transfers to the other solenoid.

Depending on the system you have, trouble shooting using the LED lights on the control panel will usually pinpoint the problem.
'07 Winnebago Journey 34H, ISB-02, MH2500
Toad - '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue Ox, Aventa
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:23 AM   #5
I agree with Fleetman - download the troubleshooting guide. It will tell you how to look to see what LEDs on the main board are lit. This is not the control panel on the dash, but the board that is usually located adjacent to the pump and reservoir. Ours is under the coach. Winnie used to put it under the hood of some of the gassers, but I don't know about diesels.

There are also fuses on the panel - one of them could be burned out. If you replace it and it immediately blows again, it is likely a solenoid is burned out.
2015 DRV Tradition 375KPS
2015 Chevy Duramax 3500HD LTZ Dually
Full-timers...Home is where we park it.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote