Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2009, 08:49 PM   #15

Problem resolved

Thanks all for input.
As it turned out, the advise from Frank at hwh to check all of the different wire connections seemed to do the trick. On one of my posts, I indicated that I had removed the foot pedestal under the drivers left foot, and would look at the wiring the next morning.. Well I found three large wire connectors (12-20) wires each. After pushing and squeezing the connectors, all fixed, for now. I took each connector apart, inspected for bent prongs or loose wires. I put it all back and rechecked to see that it all worked.

For Winne folks, the problem was between winne yellow wire, and winnie yellow wire. Power and ground to the switch was ok before I started looking at these connectors, so the I had guessed the issue was an open between the switch and the slide locking motor. I did not find a connector which was not pushed closed, just a weak connection.

For clarification, Frank from hwh said to check the connection where the wires were red, black, and white to Yellow and white, which was the hand sake between hwh and winne. But as it turned out to be winne to winne.

Also, Hats off to the winne line workers, the connections were tight.

RAB

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Party Barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2009, 07:34 PM   #16

Hww system not responding

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetMan View Post
Pubtym,
Call up one of the HWH schematics which show the pump motor from the rear. On mine, the main pump relay is on the left (facing the rear end of the motor) and the other is on the right side. In troubleshooting mine, the lights on the led panel indicated a grounding problem. Randy at HWH had me employ DW to hold a jack activation switch while I grounded each terminal on the relays till the pump activated. That indicated a problem with the relay. Being a curious ex-aircraft maintenance guy also, I took the relay apart and discovered corrosion and a broken wire which would make intermittent, unreliable contact. No problems since replacing that relay, a Heavy Duty Trombetta unit.
Last spring I posted a thread about my system and got a lot of good responses. I believed that I had found the problem with a wiring connection but no.
I have been in the Sierra's for a week and when we planned to move, no response. The enviroment is similar, cold nights at 6000 + altitude.
The first relay would click and send power but the second relay didn't send it along. I used my wife's hair dryer and blew hot air on the relay for a couple of minutes. I let the heat sink into the relay for a minute and when I went to check it, the pump started working and the slides came in.

I'm thinking a bad relay, affected by cold and when I worked on it in the desert all was ok. Question: Fleetman, this trombetta relay. Is it a parts house item? Will I be looking for a 4 post relay or is there something special about the hwh part ?

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Old 09-20-2009, 08:10 PM   #17

Freightliner Owners Club
Bob,

The Trombetta relays are four post relays. The main relay, Trombetta, 12V/Cont, PN: 684-1211-012. Pump relay, Trombetta, 12V/Int, PN: 684-1211-212. You should be able to obtain them through a good automotive or truck parts supply house.

I bought spares from HWH while passing through one time. The HWH part numbers on the receipt are RAP 0533, $18.50 and RAP 7505, $24.50. Don't know which one is which though.

Ron (FleetMan)
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #18

Freightliner Owners Club
Additional information for my post above. HWH changed to the Trombetta relays because of problems they were having with the relay they were currently using. I believe the manufacturer for the earlier relays was either "White - Rogers" or "Rogers - White." My MH was manufacturered in Oct/Nov of 2006 and the change was sometime after that so I would guess that "Party Barge" was equipped with the earlier relay.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:07 AM   #19

Thanks Fleetman, I'll see if I can find them up here.

RAB

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Old 09-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #20

HWH not responding up date

Well, I found a pump relay and installed it and during the process found that no current was comming from the control wire. That wire comes out of the circut board contol box.
Spoke with Randy at HWH today, took voltage readings from the circut board and they were low or at time none. Were thinking a bad solder joint on the board some where. He is checking and we will pick up tomorrow. Were just stuck in one place until we can get this fixed.
The fishing has been terrible so it is giving me some time to work on the rig.
A intermitent problem that presents its self in cold weather sound like it could be a bad solder job. Will up date tomorrow.

RAB

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Old 09-26-2009, 08:06 PM   #21

Looks like a bad circut board

Randy at HWH, says it looks like a problem on the circut board. $450 max to send it in for repair or $650. for a new contol box. However they don't have any in stock, they have to make it. He explained how to jump the pump relay to close up the slides. So we are going to head towards home before deciding on the fix. I'm thinking of removing the box and circut board and giving it a close inspection and checking some resistance readings.

RAB

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Old 09-30-2009, 03:15 PM   #22

HWH not responding up date

I'm still camping is the Sierra's and had a cold front come through and temps fell to about 20 degrees. System is dead as before. We plan on leaving tomorrow so I took the temp. of the hwh contol box case with a laser temp sensor. It showed 45 degrees. I set up a space heater near the box and ran it for about 1/2 hour while checking the temp. of the case and trying the slide switch.

When the case temp. reached 70 degrees the system came to life. so my fingers are crossed that it works the same way in the morning.

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD