Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #1

Hydraulic Jack question

Hydraulic Jack question

HWH model AP0071, 3500 hydraulic leveling jack system.
4 Lever - 110 Series controller.

I have browsed around the forum and have not seen a similar post yet, though I could have missed it. I have a 1989 HMC that I am restoring and have gotten the front leveling jacks to work fine, but neither one of the rear jacks respond. The hydraulic motor sounds (somewhat under pressure) exactly as it does when the front ones are used but neither rear jacks respond. I checked the fluid level and alls well. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any kind assistance at all for this Newbee………. HH

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am not familiar with the 110 series, but my 210 series have an air bleed screw that can be removed to see if fluid and pressure are reaching the jacks.

I looked for a service manual for the 110 series at HWH, but did not see that model listed.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here is a link for the owners manual for 110 series if that helps.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #4

Check the valves.

Loose wire will get you.

Call hwh, they can help
Old 03-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #5

THANK YOU for all of the info. After looking through this, none of the lights come on at the control panel so I will dig through next week (raining most the w/e) and find the fuse going to the controller. I guess I'm lucky that the front jacks even work at all after reading the electrical data in that link. You guys are the greatest, and thanks again.......... HH
Old 04-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #6

The "AP0071" number only refers to the P/N of the pump, not the system

HWH Logo Light - Lit if Ignition Key in ACC or ON position and Rocker switch in Level (ON) position. Power to system has been applied.

The Yellow lights only indicate that the assiciated corner is LOW as sensed by the Level Sensing Unit. If your coach is already on a level surface, none would be ON.

Red Warning Light - Depends on if you have Kick Down or Straight Jacks. With Ignition Key in ACC or ON position, it will light Red if:
Kick Down jack - In Verticle position (http://www.hwhcorp.com/ml7367.pdf)
Straight Jack - Extended 2" or more (http://www.hwhcorp.com/ml10038.pdf)

If front jacks work and motor is ON when using Rear Jacks, then all thats left is the jacks themselves (stuck do to dirt and grime) or the Control Valve (http://www.hwhcorp.com/mr551020.pdf) under the indicator panel (valve the handles are operating)

Control Panel: http://www.hwhcorp.com/mr201200.pdf

Jacks depend on which one you have: HWH Parts Index

Dave
Classic Winnebago Site: http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #7

check your pm. i can help
Old 04-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #8

Hello Pete and Chief. I'm kinda new here and wasn't sure how to check private messages. I went through the system and am still not getting lights at the panel (including the power on red light), but the front jacks still work and the motor binds when trying to activate the rear jacks as before. In an effort to check to make sure it wasn't a control issue I climbed underneath the driver’s side and switched the hydraulic lines for the driver’s side front and rear jacks to see if the rear would activate and not the front. Well the front jack activated off of the rear control as switched, but the rear jack would still not lower and again the pump sounded like it was starting to bind. I have hydraulic experience on heavy equipment (but not on RV leveling jacks) and this is leading me to believe that the rear jacks are both stuck in an upwards position. Unless you have any other suggestions, I think I am going to pull one of the rear jacks and give it a really good cleaning and see if I can get any movement out of it, then re install it. I understand that bleeding the air from the line will be necessary before putting under full load once reinstalled. Just some up dates from under almost 6 tons of equipment......... HH
Old 04-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #9

before you remove the cylinder, just crack the line to the rear jacks one at a time. if you get fluid at the fittings, it is the cylinder. i dont know if you can free them up or not. you can remove them and send them to hwh for a rebuild. you may get a local shop to do it, but hwh gives a one year parts and labor warranty with a rebuild. local shops often cost as much as hwh without the warranty. email me at azpete@att.net if i can help
Old 04-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #10

Thanks Pete, I appreciate it. Any suggestions on that panel circuit board. I am guessing that a replacement is in order with the lights being out. Thanks again. HH
Old 04-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #11

all you can do is check for power going to the panel and the individual switches. if there is power and no lights or operation, it needs to be rebuilt. send it in. i would suggest the whole valve with panel attached. its not going to cost much more to have the whole piece checked out.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Hunter View Post
Hydraulic Jack question

HWH model AP0071, 3500 hydraulic leveling jack system.
4 Lever - 110 Series controller.

I have browsed around the forum and have not seen a similar post yet, though I could have missed it. I have a 1989 HMC that I am restoring and have gotten the front leveling jacks to work fine, but neither one of the rear jacks respond. The hydraulic motor sounds (somewhat under pressure) exactly as it does when the front ones are used but neither rear jacks respond. I checked the fluid level and alls well. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any kind assistance at all for this Newbee………. HH
head hunter, which jacks are they, milwaukee or hwh? first, loosen the hydraulic line at the jack,and see if fluid is there. second. have someone watch while you quickly hit the pump switch on to see if pressure is there?? i am no expert but thats what i would do. i have milwaukee or power gear they are called now and i have rebuilt one of mine before. let me know how it goes. benny