Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2014, 08:40 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Thumbs up I Love PPL!

If you need to buy or sell a motorhome or trailer, may I suggest you consider PPL Motorhomes in Houston, Texas. They are a consignment house and have no coaches of their own.

I have bought and sold two motorhomes with this company. This month we bought a used Winnebago Voyage, and then we sold our old 2003 Trail-Lite B+ in three days.

They have a very smooth operation that makes executing all the paperwork of both buying and selling a minimal effort.

The best thing I like about PPL is that there is no sales pressure. You walk around their lot on your own, with no one trailing along. When you are interested in a particular coach, then you request someone to help you.

Since it is a consignment house, you have to understand that everything is sold "as is." However, they have a program that will allow you to shut down a sale if any of the goodies do not work.

No, I have no vested interest in PPL. I just think that a good company deserve a bit of good publicity.

Be of Good Cheer

AggieDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2014, 11:26 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
They have a good repair parts order on-line service too. I have ordered parts through them on at least 3 times. good prices and Fast shipping.

06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:36 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thumbs up Nice

Don - Went to your web site, nice purchase. You guys have come a long way. Life's a trip isn't it?

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Talking A Long Way? You Bet!

TOMTALL -- "A long way?" Hah! That's an understatement. That old Sportsmobile with the pop-top had the Port-A-Potti sitting between the front seats! There was a small window A/C I bought from Home Depot and hung out the window because the installed A/C didn't cool very well.

But it got us going. Without that first purchase, we never would have bought the B+ and would would traveled to all the places we have. It's a warm spot in my heart. But I don't think I'll give it much thought while in my recliner in our Winnie.

By the way, we bought and sold that Sportsmobile with PPL. Bought the Trail-Lite new, but just sold it in 3 days at PPL after buying the Winnie there. They are only about 15 minutes form where I live, so I can haunt their lot almost as easily as haunting their website.

mgscott4 -- Yes, their store keeps me from driving 25 mile to Camping World. They have just about everything, including a huge catalog the size of a 'phone book. It makes a great reference.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:46 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I'll second the parts department being great. They usually have the lowest price, more small part for things like A/C units and they ship REALLY fast.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:11 PM   #6

AggieDad,
What kind of commission do they get for selling your rig?
Old 03-15-2014, 09:41 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
TXHOOD

There is a 10% commission of the selling price, and they have a minimum of $1475 for motorhomes and $975 for travel trailers and fivers.

The contract you sign with them is for 90 days (I don't know if you can retrieve it before hand - I never needed to). You set a reserve price (a minimum), and they typically price it at several thousand above that. The amount above reserve varies with the value of the coach. They will negotiate with the prospective buyer without your knowledge until price gets below the reserve. Then they call you with the offer. They also get a $500 good faith deposit on any offer.

The neat thing is there is no lot fee or charge for the listing on their website. And all listings are treated the same -- that is the listing for my 11 year old, $15,000 B+ looked the same as the listing for a $70,000 rig.

I hope this helps.

Don
Old 03-16-2014, 09:07 AM   #8

Thanks for the info. We might be selling our rv in a year or so. I live in Beaumont area and have been to PPL several times. Using PPL to sell our rig might be in the future.