Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #1

I need new HWH front jacks

Hey does anyone have any idea of who might have HWH front jacks in stock I have called several people cant find any even been told on back order 8 weeks before I can get them :(
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Call HWH about $ 325 a piece you can ship old one's back and get credit.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
What's wrong with your jack cylinders? Have you checked with a local hydraulics repair shop? If the problem is just a bad seal, that can be repaired locally and generally at a pretty reasonable price. A hydraulic cylinder is a hydraulic cylinder be it an HWH jack or cylinder for a a front end loader.
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:33 PM   #4

I called HWH it took them 3 days to call me back then said the jacks that fit mine are on 8 week backorder Im gonna try to get them rebuilt locally
Old 07-13-2010, 06:50 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
Took me 8 weeks to get selonoid, and pressure switch. What's going on at HWH, seems parts are at a premium ! Hopfully you can find a good hydraulic shop to repair your jacks.

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:41 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
jacks

you may check colsaw salvage at carthage missouri its a very large rv salvage yard new an used part check out there site on the web
oh no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You might want to check with Stuart RV Leveling in Indiana. There phone number is 800-826-6267 and speak with Chuck he has helped me out alot.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:26 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stearn View Post
Took me 8 weeks to get selonoid, and pressure switch. What's going on at HWH, seems parts are at a premium ! Hopfully you can find a good hydraulic shop to repair your jacks.
a rock in the road took out both of my left rear hwh jack springs and jack pad at crater lake, or.
we went back to crater lake n.p the next day and could not find them.
i called frank at hwh the next monday morning and he ups'd me 4 springs and a jack pad for less than $100. i got them delivered to a rv park in reno wednesday afternoon. i changed the springs on the other side too using the cloths pin method and my come-along to stretch the springs.
that is what i call excellent service.
kudos to frank and hwh.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00431.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	4690   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00432.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	4691  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00433.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	4692  
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #9

Hey Dan. I'm waiting on a call from Frank as I type. I replaced all the springs on my coach this past weekend. The back two jacks come up perfect now. The front two still do not retract all the way. I hope Frank can offer some advice. I may see about replacing the two front jacks since I think the seals are bad in them.
leedowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:32 PM   #10

You think 8 weeks is bad.Try 12 WEEKS!!!I just received a jack that was ordered april 27. And I still have 6 jacks ordered mid May that are still a week or 2 away. And that is for an HWH service center!! Lots of unhappy people around me right now.
forest is offline   Reply With Quote