Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-25-2017, 09:27 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Jamesdl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Fort Myers Florida
Posts: 24
In dash a/c

My in dash Ac blows good just not cold when I plugged a freon gauge up it shot up to the red over filled area then back to zero and continued to bounce back and forth every second and won't give me a solid reading if anyone has experienced this or knows what the problem is please comment back thanks and I hope everyone is having a great weekend
__________________

__________________
2005 national sea breeze lx class a
Jamesdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2017, 09:55 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
lllkrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesdl View Post
My in dash Ac blows good just not cold when I plugged a freon gauge up it shot up to the red over filled area then back to zero and continued to bounce back and forth every second and won't give me a solid reading if anyone has experienced this or knows what the problem is please comment back thanks and I hope everyone is having a great weekend

Could be any number of things but the most likely a bad expansion valve or the system is overcharged. In either case your going to need professional help with the proper diagnostic equipment otherwise it's just guesswork. If the system is overcharged that's easy to fix. If the expansion valve is bad that's expensive to fix.
__________________

__________________
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2016 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD V6
lllkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:47 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Jamesdl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Fort Myers Florida
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
Could be any number of things but the most likely a bad expansion valve or the system is overcharged. In either case your going to need professional help with the proper diagnostic equipment otherwise it's just guesswork. If the system is overcharged that's easy to fix. If the expansion valve is bad that's expensive to fix.


Thanks or your input this is the first problem I can't fix myself with my luck it will be the most expensive thing to fix I did find a mobile repair man for $100 an hour I'm definitely going to watch and learn so I don't have to pay anyone else if this problem arises again
__________________
2005 national sea breeze lx class a
Jamesdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:24 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Johndale's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ft Worth texas
Posts: 953
You system may be on the low side. Needing freon
If the clutch is cycling on and off it will do this. So watch the compressor and see if the clutch is coming on and off.
__________________
2003 Sightseer 33L
Ford F53
Johndale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 05:39 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Jamesdl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Fort Myers Florida
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndale View Post
You system may be on the low side. Needing freon
If the clutch is cycling on and off it will do this. So watch the compressor and see if the clutch is coming on and off.


It's making a constant whooshing sound not clicking on and off but when I did hook up the freon gauge that went up and down
__________________
2005 national sea breeze lx class a
Jamesdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dash



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dash Air Hose/Dash Instrument Speaker Ken T. Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 6 09-08-2014 10:39 PM
Dash lights on, gauges jump. Low voltage to dash. bobioknight RV Systems & Appliances 3 05-11-2013 10:55 PM
Anyone change the tv location from below the dash to above the dash??? Born2RV MH-General Discussions & Problems 11 03-14-2010 02:53 PM
SunTek Dash Cover Discoloration of Dash vicsryd MH-General Discussions & Problems 19 08-26-2006 01:38 PM
Red Oil Pressure Signal on dash is a GM Problem in Dash Unit BEBOP Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum 11 07-28-2005 06:47 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.