Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2018, 09:44 PM   #43

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Our last RV was a hybrid where there were a few times people would leave their lights on all nights. One family had those clip on spot lights they also kept on all night. Just not to go with the flow..
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2018, 10:19 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
This thread reminds me of a customer service slogan I heard a long time ago “we’re not happy until you’re not happy”
Old 05-08-2018, 10:24 PM   #45

Sure glad you don't camp in any campgrounds........there's STREET -LIGHTS everywhere!!
Old 05-08-2018, 11:14 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
This thread reminds me of a customer service slogan I heard a long time ago “we’re not happy until you’re not happy”

X2... [emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]
Old 05-08-2018, 11:22 PM   #47

I’m with Wundertaker on this one.

You go to bed and close your eyes. At that point, why do you care what lights are on outside? You can’t see them with your eyes closed!!

It makes absolutely no sense to complain about something you can’t even see!

Some people would complain about being given $1 million in 50-dollar bills because it was too heavy to carry.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:36 PM   #48

Wonder what people here do that have real houses . Do you turn your porch light out at bed time at home?
Old 05-09-2018, 12:21 AM   #49

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbardellini View Post
Wonder what people here do that have real houses . Do you turn your porch light out at bed time at home?
Our outside light at our stick house has a motion detector and video camera. If anybody comes up the driveway to the house it lights them up and records them. I installed it after some low life stole my 88 Silverado out of my driveway. You might be surprised at what it will record, last night we had a Raccoon visit.

https://ring.com
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
Old 05-09-2018, 01:14 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampFire Junkies View Post
What happens to your solar light if it is cloudy all day? It will probably power through some of the darkness of the night, but not until daylight... imo
Hasn't happened yet. If and when it does I'll just hook up the extra solar panel. Got a set of 2 lights and panels at Costco for $10.

I always sleep with at least one window partially open for fresh air any time of the year, even in Colorado in the winter. My coach has 5 windows in the bedroom, two of which are emergency exit windows. It also has an office desk and room for my electric Lazy Boy recliner. I made a lot of compromises to get this particular floor plan.

Pulling a shade down, especially a night shade, blocks the fresh air flow. I never sleep with the air conditioner on relying instead on an oscillating floor fan to move the fresh air in the bedroom. We dry camp and boondock frequently so it's often the best or only option.

I usually sleep at least half the night in my recliner to relieve chronic back pain. It faces a window. In one campground our next door neighbor who was working on the remodel of the Notre Dame stadium and living in the campground went home for a week and left a very bright scare light on which shone directly into my eyes. It was an unpleasant week for me. Our camping experience has frequently been diminished by light pollution from excessive and unnecessary lights left on all night by unthinking or uncaring campers.
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
Old 05-09-2018, 02:49 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
Hasn't happened yet. If and when it does I'll just hook up the extra solar panel. Got a set of 2 lights and panels at Costco for $10.

I always sleep with at least one window partially open for fresh air any time of the year, even in Colorado in the winter. My coach has 5 windows in the bedroom, two of which are emergency exit windows. It also has an office desk and room for my electric Lazy Boy recliner. I made a lot of compromises to get this particular floor plan.

Pulling a shade down, especially a night shade, blocks the fresh air flow. I never sleep with the air conditioner on relying instead on an oscillating floor fan to move the fresh air in the bedroom. We dry camp and boondock frequently so it's often the best or only option.

I usually sleep at least half the night in my recliner to relieve chronic back pain. It faces a window. In one campground our next door neighbor who was working on the remodel of the Notre Dame stadium and living in the campground went home for a week and left a very bright scare light on which shone directly into my eyes. It was an unpleasant week for me. Our camping experience has frequently been diminished by light pollution from excessive and unnecessary lights left on all night by unthinking or uncaring campers.

Sorry to hear you can't take naps in the daytime. They are one of life's free pleasures for the DW and I.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:47 AM   #52
tcg

If everyone turns out their lights how can I peek out the window at night to see how many electrical cords someone has running into their RV?

If there are no lights I can't see what else to complain about.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:21 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
If everyone turns out their lights how can I peek out the window at night to see how many electrical cords someone has running into their RV?

If there are no lights I can't see what else to complain about.
Funny...but seemingly RIGHT ON for many folks.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:41 AM   #54

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
If all these lights and noise are so bothersome, maybe boondocking in the wilderness might be a better choice for you. Humans light things up and make noise, if you don't like it, move. I guess I like people.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:57 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
We use rope lights on the ground under the circumference of the rv, especially in the Southwest. They serve the purpose of keeping packrats out of the rv and protecting our wiring. Yes, it works!
Changing the focus of the op a bit......

We'll be heading through NM and AZ shortly, where are pack rats a problem?

If appropriate, seems like it might be a good idea to get some rope lights from Lowes.

Thanks.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:43 AM   #56

Most pak-rats are two legged type.....and, what ever you do, don't smoke or have a campfire!......smoke drifts!!
Closed Thread