Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2017, 10:20 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by trx430ex View Post
Not really worried about the safety of blowing the system out with air. Was taught that gem camping next to a service manager of a fleet of 50 rigs. You blow it out at the same air pressure as water pressure, it goes faster that way.
Just trying to understand how you anti freeze people get the stank of the antifreeze out of the rig the next spring?? I did that for years and it just takes forever to get that stank out. Are you using Chardonnay,, or Tito's vodka? or a 1000 gallons of water?

Another little trick I learned is with the water heater, after winterized, then de-winterized. Heat the first tank up, turn the water off, open rear drain, "to 0" water pressure, then close. Then remove plug drain from water heater, then turn water back on and blow that first tank out.This takes all the scaling that flakes off in the tank and blows it out before it runs through a faucet and clogs the hot side of the sink cartridge. Been there done that, both kitchen sink & bath sink instantly stopped working on the hot side. At that moment you know your day is totally ruined.
To be fair, rigs sitting in controlled climates, an empty water heater may not scale as fast as a rig left in the dead of winter.
It's really quite simple to remove any odor or after-taste of RV anti-freeze, add 1/2 cup baking soda to a re-filled 40G fresh water tank when de-winterizing, then pump through you plumbing system.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2017, 10:31 AM   #30

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Friends of ours travel/live in a Newmar Essex. They have extended life Cummins engine anti-freeze. in their Hydrohot all the time as they also own several time-shares for a break from living in the Essex.
I hope you friend DOESN'T have the Cummins anti-freeze in the HydroHot!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:21 AM   #31

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have posted this many times. I was the service manager for a motorhome dealer. We had 50 to 100 motorhomes on the lot at any time. That is a average of 75 each year for 15 years. Plus we did probably two customer units for each of ours. In 15 years that is well over 3000 motorhomes blown out with air. Not a single failure in 15 years. Where are you getting your information on failures using air?
Old 08-06-2017, 03:19 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I hope you friend DOESN'T have the Cummins anti-freeze in the HydroHot!
Perhaps I'm mistaken, isn't Hydrohot the hot water system for heating the coach instead of propane furnace? That is what I understood when talking to him.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, indoor, storage