Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2008, 05:07 PM   #1

I have a 2002 Gulfstream Scenic Cruiser and neither the Bedroom slide or the living room slide will extend. I can't find any defective fuses or breakers; however I know I am not getting power to the switch. I can operate the slide by jumping a wire from the battery to the switch, but can't trace the wiring anywhere.
Scenic Cruiser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2008, 05:07 PM   #2

I have a 2002 Gulfstream Scenic Cruiser and neither the Bedroom slide or the living room slide will extend. I can't find any defective fuses or breakers; however I know I am not getting power to the switch. I can operate the slide by jumping a wire from the battery to the switch, but can't trace the wiring anywhere.
Scenic Cruiser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:30 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Scenic Cruiser02...
Welcome to iRV2! I can't help you with your problem...but I am going to also link this to the "Gulf Stream Forum" for a little more exposure. Good Luck...I hope one of the other members will be able to help you soon...

Again...welcome to iRV2. Please visit and post often.

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:50 AM   #4
paz

Our motorhome has an interlock between the ignition switch and the slides so you can't accidentally operate the slides when the ignition switch is on while we you underway. On 2 occasions, the interlock solenoid has stuck in the open position and prevented the slides from operating while we were stopped. On our motorhome the solenoids are located on an electrical panel in a front storage bay. A sharp rap on the solenoid with a screwdriver handle cured the problem both times. You could also have a fuse out somewhere. Maybe other Gulfstream owners will be able to help you with the location of the fuses and/or solenoid.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:30 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
our gulfstream had a switch on drivers seat. had to be all the way foreward. the mount was micky mouse ( usual rv stuff ) so had to rework it. check for switch n jump it. see what happens.
cannon man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:15 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would look for a power supply problem. The switches power the relays and the relays get the power to run the slide motors directly from the battery.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:26 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Scenic Cruiser02, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. How long have you had your rig? After making sure the driver seat as all the way forward and you do no get any results, toruble shoot the switch on the wall. Let us know what you find and give us some more info as to what slideout system you have on the unit. Good luck and enjoy the website.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:18 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Make sure that your emergency brake is on. In some rigs, the slide-outs won't operate with the emergency brake disengaged. Best of luck.

Jack
Old 07-13-2008, 11:06 AM   #9

I realize this is a 2 month old thread. Hopefully you have resolved it by now!

Most (if not all) MH's with slideouts have safety interlocks - sometimes more than one - on the slides.

Most likely - as Paz suggested - you have a bad interlock solenoid or relay. Our old Monaco Knight 30J had problems identical to yours, and it turned out to be a bad relay in the electrical control panel.

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:29 PM   #10

Gulf Streamers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am of the simple mind so what I would do is cycle the driver seat back and up again and then try the slide. When I first got my rig I did not know of the driver seat interlock and I had a whole campground looking at my problem. I finally went back to basics and checked the driver seat, no problems since. Let us know how you make out.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:45 AM   #11

We had the problem with a basement door not being completely closed so the slides would not move. Opened and closed the door and everything worked.
Meandering Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote