Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
DKO

Inside Parking in Southern Ohio

I know that this is a long shot especially on very short notice. We are supposed to be in Ohio (our home area) by Sunday night or Monday depending on this nasty weather. We are scheduled to fly out of Dayton Thursday morning for a short mission trip to Mexico.

As of this afternoon the weather in our home town is supposed to be 2 degrees Thursday morning. I park about five miles from my parents when home and my Dad keeps a great eye on things but 2 degrees is pretty extreme. I can not expect him to move in and monitor everything 24 hours a day as I would.

It would be awesome to find a heated building to park in where I could pull in, plug up and not worry about it while I am in the southwest corner of Mexico trying to sing and preach.

I am 45' long and about 12' 6" tall. Any ideas? I have searched the internet but have not found anything but I am hoping I overlooked something in plain sight. Almost any where in the Dayton, Cincinnati area would work.

DKO

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #2

There's a luxury storage facility on the north side of Cincinnati somewhere. I saw them at the Dayton RV show a couple of years ago. Heated units, wash rack on site, etc. Really nice, but not cheap. I'll see if I can look it up. Seems like it was off of 275, west of 75.

jmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
DKO

Great

That would work perfectly. I will be gone less than a week so if they have a weekly rate I think it would be worth it to get this thing inside. Please post that information if you can find it.

Thanks much.

DKO
Old 12-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
DKO

I searched the term you used in your post and finally got a hit on "luxury RV storage near Cincinnati." There is a place in Harrison, Ohio. That is about an hour from me. Is that the place you were thinking of?

DKO
Old 12-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #5

Yes that was the one I was thinking about.

Turns out there is also a similar place in Springfield. Do the same search except near Dayton.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #6

The Springfield place has a website

http://www.luxuryrvboatstorage.com/
Old 12-11-2013, 05:38 AM   #7
DKO

Everything I have found has been completely full this time of year or unable to take a coach my size.

I did finally find a place in Cincinnati. I plan to move the bus there this afternoon. It is a balmy 11 degrees at this moment and the wind is blowing too. The forecast for low tomorrow morning is now up to 5 degrees.

I will post the details of this place upon my return. Thanks for your help.

DKO
Old 12-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #8
DKO

Full Report

​Well, that did not turn out so good. I took the bus to the indoor heated storage facility in Cincinnati on Wednesday the 11th only to find the entrance door was too short. The facility was advertised as having 14' tall doors and the owner assured me twice that 14' was correct. As I was backing in I could see in my camera and mirrors that it was going to be a close fit. I stepped to the back and had my wife back up until it was obvious. The door was barely 12'.

The owner was standing right there and the look on his face told it all. He felt like an absolute dog. I turned to shake his hand and tell him good bye but it looked like he was going to have a heart attack. He apoligized profusely and insisted on ​paying me for my time and fuel. I refused because ultimately it is my responsibility to check the door height but he was determined.

What he said next was refreshing. He said something like this, sir I'm a businessman and as a businessman I just totally disappointed and let down my customer. I cannot stay in business by treating customers that way. This $100 is the very least I can do besides I would like to help the work you do anyway.

We discussed it some more but he was adamant. I was very disappointed not to get to park the bus inside and hated that we had went all the effort, but I really felt bad for him. He advertised what he thought was true and made and honest mistake yet he was willing to take the blame and make it right as far as possible. I won't post the name of the business simply because I do not want to appear as if I am bashing him at all.​ If I can use any of his business services in the future you can guarantee I will. He really went the extra mile for the customer. God bless him.​

I ended up parking the bus in Waynesville at the church I normally park at when I am home for Christmas. It was 5 degrees when I left the next morning. My Dad and brother kept a close eye on things while we were gone and all was fine with the bus when I arrived home this week.

I am more motivated than ever to find a place to build a bus barn or move SOUTH. Maybe I need to build a building big enough for some indoor heated storage for big rigs. The waiting lists at the existing places seems to indicate there must be some demand for more.

DKO​

Ps. I put the $100 toward the expenses of the Mexico mission trip.​
Old 12-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I keep mine at a boat dealer who has gotten in the RV storage business...you might try there.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #10
DKO

I was only looking for inside storage for one week while I was going to be out of the bus. It was going to be left in very cold weather and I was trying to have some peace of mind that it would not freeze up. I live in it and move weekly so I am not looking for long term storage.

DKO