Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2009, 06:10 PM   #169

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythplaced View Post
They were GREAT over the phone.....I didn't need to "prove" anything...the gal on the phone (Sorry I am not good with remembering names) looked my purchase info up right there on her computer screen, and said,
"JUst send it in, I'll get a replacement sent asap"

Best phone customer service I have received in a long time.

Now we'll see how long it takes for the replacement to arrive..
Replacement sensor arrived this am....priority mail....

I'd call that FAST! 6 days elapsed time from phone call to replacement in hand!

mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #170

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythplaced View Post
Replacement sensor arrived this am....priority mail....

I'd call that FAST! 6 days elapsed time from phone call to replacement in hand!
Good to know, I would expect no less from that company.

Better watch quoting yourself...you'll go blind ya know.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:41 PM   #171

TST Sensor

Yoda2405, I like the idea of the Gorilla Glue. Is there anything to look out for as far as using it? Do you just run some in the cap of the sensor?

I had all my valve stems replaced with longer solid stems to get rid of the extensions. Unfortunately the inside duals' valve stem is still 2 - 3 inches inside the wheel hole. I built a an extension handle on my removal tool that seems to work pretty good but it still has the tendency to slip off. Attached are a couple of pictures of it. I used a hollow aluminum tube (closet rail) and slit it to accept the "wings" of the insertion tool. I then locked it in place with a set screw. Hope this will help some of you get to the inside dual.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0071.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	1665

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0072.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	1666

Thanks Dave
Old 10-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #172

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Solid valve stems-no extensions

Go to www.borgtiresupply.com and look for Dually valve stems. They are one piece solid metal stems that do not require extensions, are soft enough to form into most all applications, do not require monkey glue and they stick out just enough for TST caps. Mention to them if you require screened valve stems for the equal powder balance system. It's no charge if you tell them up front. They will also provide rubber stabilizers for the wheel openings if required. Be prepared to identify your wheel type or measure the openings yourself. Pricing is fair and they were very pleasant to work with.
They also advertise in the FMCA rag. Check the classifieds in the back.
I have been using them along with TST caps and it's a joy knowing I do not have to fool around with extensions any more.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #173

Fleetwood Owners Club
Large Truck Rims:
To gain easy access to the outer dually valve stem facing inwards:
You can loosen (not remove) the metal valve stems at the bottom and turn them to a desired position (45, 90 or 180 degrees) and re-tighten the nut at the bottom. Don't over loosen or over-tighten. No air will escape (Gently loosen and move)
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:26 PM   #174

Winnebago Owners Club
Flossy, the glue does not go on the cap but on the stem side of the sensor. If you look at the sensor the plastic shell spins on the aluminum threaded piece that attaches to the stem. I glued the 2 curved sides so I could still use the tool on the flat sides if necessary to tighten the sensor. It was not necessary as hand tight has been adequate so far and it is much easier reaching in between the duals and installing the sensor on the inner dual with your hand, at least on my set up. I removed the valve extensions completely on the inner wheels. I used a small bead along the 2 curved sides of the threaded aluminum to make it rigid to the plastic cap or shell piece.
Yoda2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:44 AM   #175

Thanks for the clarification. I'll have to gather up my sensors and get it done. I think the theft possibility is fairly remote.

thanks

Dave
Old 11-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #176

Winnebago Owners Club
I just purchased the 10 sensor system for my new Winnie Sightseer 35J and Toad. No problems with the small antenna getting signals from Toad. I was really pleased that I did not have to find a place to mount the larger antenna.

I have nine sensors actually installed, but I am going to have to use the Gorilla Glue on the last one.

As soon as I programmed the sensors they immediately told me I had a low rear tire on the Toad which was parked 10 ft behind the MH. My first thought was that I had a bad sensor, or it was too far away, but sure enough only 20 psi in the tire.

I am going to like this system a lot. On my last trip, in our old motor home ,I had a rear tire go bad on the Toad. No TV monitor or tire sensors on that one and I did not know it until a trucker signaled me. It did $2000 damage to the Toad.

I hope that with the rear TV monitor on the new MH and the TST tire monitor, this won't happen again.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:56 PM   #177
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've had a 10 tire TST system for some time, but I'm having trouble finding valve extensions for the MH. I installed 4 on the TOAD and they work perfectly. I will have to replace one sensor, but TST and I have been communication and as soon as I check out the other 5 I'll give them a call.

My wheel slots are to small for me to get my hands into. Anyone know of some good valve extensions for 22.5" tires.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:53 AM   #178

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I've had a 10 tire TST system for some time, but I'm having trouble finding valve extensions for the MH. I installed 4 on the TOAD and they work perfectly. I will have to replace one sensor, but TST and I have been communication and as soon as I check out the other 5 I'll give them a call.

My wheel slots are to small for me to get my hands into. Anyone know of some good valve extensions for 22.5" tires.
i have 19.5" wheels and had to install 90 deg valve stem extensions from haltec to be able to use the tst system. i used 4 he-200's. they work well. check my previous post in the archives for pictures of my installation.
http://ciadistribuidorario.com/pdf/valveextensions.pdf
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #179

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My rig came with solid metal extensions on the inner duals that leave the head of the valve stem about even with the outside of the hole in the wheel. I've seen metal extensions of various lengths at some NAPA stores. I had a cracked valve stem on one inner dual shortly after I bought my coach. I put the rubber donut stabilizers on the stem from the inner duals and have had no further problem in 6 yr and 50k miles. The stabilizers fit into the hole in the outer wheel to prevent the stem/extension from flexing from the centrifigual force as the wheel rotates. I altered my stabilizers to fit the sensors, but if the extension were just a bit longer that would not be necessary AND the sensors would be easier to get on and off. There are stabilizers available for round hole wheels or the triangle shape holes.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:30 PM   #180
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Valve Extensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Try these people. Borg Tire Supply
or here. http://automotive-hardware.com/tire-...ons-c-5_9.html
Old 11-26-2009, 10:06 PM   #181

Yoda2405, does the gorilla glue application affect the TST warranty on the sensors?
Old 11-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #182
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
FLossy,
I talked with Dan at TST and he stated that the Gorilla glue does not affect the warranty.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote