Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #183

Winnebago Owners Club
When I called TST, this was their recommendation and they said it would not effect their warranty.

Yoda2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #184

Thanks, I still hae one sensor that is problematic and will probably send it back.

Dave

Old 11-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #185

Thanks Wayne.
Dave
Old 12-12-2009, 05:39 AM   #186

Workhorse Chassis Owner
New TST Issues and Questions

Received TM-510RV yesterday. Charged base all night but it does not stay on without 12V source and upon power up battery icon shows low as if uncharged. Is there a light on when the unit is charging? Are others running ok on battery power?

Unit does not appear to go to sleep, unless that feature does not work when powered by 12V. Does anyone have a unit that does enter sleep mode or no?

All sensors are programmed but the system has not been used in the Dolphin yet.

Also, after programming the sensors unattached to the RV, one of the 10 set off a high pressure alert (188 PSI) although the temp seemed to register correctly. I gave the sensor a little air pressure by mouth and that seemed to clear the incorrect reading, then the sensor pressure dropped to 0 on the display and no longer appears to be a problem - at least while unattached to a tire.

Awaiting response from TST as I just got the unit by mail yesterday and was hoping to use it this weekend.

Wade
Old 12-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #187

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mine does not have a "sleep" mode. I press the minus (-) sign and hold it for 30 seconds to turn it off. The book says my display internal battery should last about 2-3 days.

Maybe Ken Roberts, an iRV2 member and distributor for TST, can answer your other questions.

I turn my system off when I'm not traveling to hopefully extend the sensors battery life.

I just bumped up the pressure on all my tires and one sensors did not come back to life. After 3 attempts of installing and removing the sensor, it finally sprung back to life. I had to cancel the call I had just made for TST to send me replacement .
Old 12-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #188
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I"m am becoming disappointed with my TST monitor system. As previously stated, one sensor was not working properly, as it constantly leaked air no matter what was tried. Dan at TST said they would replace the sensor. I am having a devil of a time finding the valves I need on the Destination so that I can put the sensor's on it. I do(did) have four sensors on the TOAD. Friday, after the temperature dropped many degrees, I noticed a reading on one sensor of 18 pounds. That is just not right, but the others were lower than when I had inflated them, because of the cold. I decided to take all the senors off, re-air the tires, and put the sensors back on. No matter what I did, that on sensor that had 18 pounds no read 12 pounds, and the others were at 35 pounds. I re-did the valves with teflon tape but that did not work. the last time I took the sensor off the monitor read zero with the sensor off, but 12 pounds with it on. Actually the tire was at 35 pounds. Not being able to trust the system I took all four sensors off and put caps on the valve stems. So I'm running naked again. I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:05 PM   #189

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb7our View Post
Are others running ok on battery power?
When I first received mine it did not work on battery power. I removed the cover and re-seated the battery on the circuit board and it started working.

Quote:
Unit does not appear to go to sleep, unless that feature does not work when powered by 12V. Does anyone have a unit that does enter sleep mode or no?
Regarding sleep mode, refer to Page 8 of the manual under Backlighting. Also you cannot turn the unit off when it is connected to a 12V source. You have to unplug the power cord and then press the "-" button for 6 seconds.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #190

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Hubrich View Post
I turn my system off when I'm not traveling to hopefully extend the sensors battery life.
Unfortunately that doesn't affect the sensors. While they are attached to the valve stems they are still transmitting. You need to remove the sensors, or at least back them off enough where they are not pressing the dill valve down.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:51 AM   #191

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Update: What a disappointment to have to send back my "brand new" base unit on my own dime because it will not hold a charge, before TST will send me a replacement. So much for any cost savings now that I have to pay for return S&I on a brand new unit. We'll see how things go with this unit in the coming weeks/months. Not off to a good start. Maybe I'll get a "freebie" or some other discount to ease the pain.

Wade
Old 12-14-2009, 05:41 PM   #192

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Update: What a disappointment to have to send back my "brand new" base unit on my own dime because it will not hold a charge, before TST will send me a replacement. So much for any cost savings now that I have to pay for return S&I on a brand new unit. We'll see how things go with this unit in the coming weeks/months. Not off to a good start. Maybe I'll get a "freebie" or some other discount to ease the pain.

Wade
Today I spoke to TST and they are sending a new display unit, while I am also returning the faulty unit, so it seems that the situation is looking brighter for me. It is so hard to find great customer service these days so TST is a refreshing change in the way they are handling my issue thus far.

Wade
Old 12-14-2009, 06:24 PM   #193

National RV Owners Club
I think one of my sensors is bad. It reads 40 lbs while the others read close to what I think they should. When it gets warmer I'll reinflate all six tires and check it again just to be sure. If the 40 lbs is correct then air has leaked since I installed the system, if that is going to happen all the time I don't see how I can leave them on.

Bummer

Dick
Old 12-18-2009, 08:58 PM   #194

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Today I spoke to TST and they are sending a new display unit, while I am also returning the faulty unit, so it seems that the situation is looking brighter for me. It is so hard to find great customer service these days so TST is a refreshing change in the way they are handling my issue thus far.

Wade
Received new base unit today and this one does hold a charge and even goes to sleep when unplugged from 12V power. Now to try the sensors. Thank you TST, you came through with no hassles and I appreciate that!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:18 PM   #195

I just packed up all my equipment for return to TST. I bought the system last August and found I had a faulty sensor (left rear inside). TST replaced that one and it worked but another (left rear outside) had an intermittent failure. When we got to Yuma (home), I removed them all for storage and had all my valve stems replaced with long bendable brass stems so I wouldn't have to use extensions. When we took the rig out of storage for a recent trip I reinstalled the sensors and my left front read 35 PSI. I took the sensor off and blew it out, verified the correct pressure and reinstalled it. It still read 35 PSI. During our 600 mile trip it dropped to 7 PSI.

I called TST and they requested I return the whole unit for testing. They will either return it to me or send me a new set. This is good customer service but I am still out nearly $15 for postage.

My big concern is the lack of reliability so far. I bought the system for peace of mind so I wouldn't have to be constantly checking my air pressure manually and warning of impending tire failure but so far have not been able to rely on it.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #196

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I returned my system in January for refund. I got a 10 sensor system in Mar 09. TST replaced 4 sensors in April, had me swap out one with a vendor in May, and replaced one in July ...all for false readings, normally gradually decreasing. In Nov I removed all sensors to add air due to cold weather. When I put them back on, 3 gave false readings. I eventually got 1 of those to working. Meanwhile, we had two flats on the toad due to sensors coming loose. I tried teflon tape, and my install wrench was a bit bent with my efforts to keep them from coming loose. The second toad flat was at night in a less than desireable area and we were unable to replace the wheel with the spare due to some crossthreaded lugs. I got some air in the tire with an old small 12v compressor. At that point we were afraid to have the DW drive the toad alone with the sensors on. Fearing more failed sensors if we removed and reinstalled them when needed, we threw in the towel while still in warranty. TST was very supportive throughout it all, and was great to work with -- superb customer service. They told me they have apx 1% return rate, so guess that means I
am "special" !!!